69 Commando RestoMod Build

Pulled the body today to paint the frame, its getting POR-15 with a clear.

But first had to crush sleeve the frame for the winch mount which will sit behind the grill, down in the frame rails.

The Frame

Another of the Wheels

Bedliner ....

Cage is sand blasted and ready for powder...

Got the 40’s Mounted Up

Added some triangulation to the cage, Thoughts?

Got the 40’s mounted on the freshly powder coated wheels

Of course we had to test fit them

Each bumper was given some tender loving care from body filler, then some sanding, before heading off to be dusted with powder and baked.

Bumpers back from Powder coating - we don't like how the rear bumper turned out. So rather than strip it, which seems to be a bigger pain in the ass then rebuilding a new one - we are just building a new one.

The front bumper turned out great.

You will not be able to see the small patch pannel once the grill is on. Its a clearance for the steering box.

I think the body work on the rest of the panels turned out well. Thoughts? I am worried its going to be too pretty to wheel.

Passenger Door

Passenger Fender

Rear Fender Flares

Hood

Driver Door

Close Up of driver fender. You can see how they attach to the shock hoops

The windshield Frame

A few close ups of the body work

The body work is quite a work of Art!

This project turned up for the better we have a running Jeep.

Steering remains as the last big hurdle to jump and then it’s the kinks… should go pretty fast from here.

Other than steering, the axles need to be torn down, powder coated, then re-assembled with Spools front and rear and 5.13's

For the fuel we used a Fuel Regulator/filter from a C-5 Corvette, this meant we removed the fuel rail with the regulator on it. So now the return line no longer comes off the fuel rail, and is now on the fuel filter/regulator. The fuel tank is one of GenRights CJ tanks, and we went back in forth on whether to use a CJ or YJ float. We used a walboro fuel pump.

Fuel Pump

Long ago I had Novak cut down my 5.3 harness which was out of a 01 Silverado. Novak also sent me a rebuilt with some HD upgrades in the 4L60E. Eventually the transfer case may get a TerraLow kit or an Atlas…

Plans are again for a daily driver – with expedition – light wheeling and occasionally the more hardcore stuff.

Top Bottom