69 Commando RestoMod Build

Nice build!!

Any more info on that F100?

Its a 53 Ford F100 - full frame off restoration-mod, has a C-6, 400, 4-link rear, independent front 5 inch front drop, 7 inch rear, disc brakes at all 4 corners, hauls ass and corners like it is on rails. Built for my father. Right now we are considering a drive train change - thinking a crate 302 and another automatic. If that doesn't go through fuel injection is definitely on the table.

Its a 53 Ford F100 - full frame off restoration-mod, has a C-6, 400, 4-link rear, independent front 5 inch front drop, 7 inch rear, disc brakes at all 4 corners, hauls ass and corners like it is on rails. Built for my father. Right now we are considering a drive train change - thinking a crate 302 and another automatic. If that doesn't go through fuel injection is definitely on the table.

Nice.
Motor change? It's a 53. Shove a flatty back in it. lol

Effie's are my favorite truck. Have had a few, wish I kept one or two.
My last '55 (54 grille) here with an sbc in it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464235553.045331.jpg .
Would love to have another one.

Kinda like your Comando. Making me wish I still had one.

Loved our little '68.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464235828.912167.jpg .

Totally digging what your doing/done on your build with it.

Nice.
Motor change? It's a 53. Shove a flatty back in it. lol

Effie's are my favorite truck. Have had a few, wish I kept one or two.
My last '55 (54 grille) here with an sbc in it.
View attachment 205139 .
Would love to have another one.

Kinda like your Comando. Making me wish I still had one.

Loved our little '68.
View attachment 205140 .

Totally digging what your doing/done on your build with it.

Negative on the "Flatty" - ghost rider - the suspension is too trick for that. Plus its a driver - and maintenance on the 400 is wearing me out. I cannot imagine what a Flathead would be like.

Its sweet - however, I've seriously considered putting a LS into it.

I love your commando! I do have one other regret, that is not sticking with the commando hood and grill.

Negative on the "Flatty" - ghost rider - the suspension is too trick for that. Plus its a driver - and maintenance on the 400 is wearing me out. I cannot imagine what a Flathead would be like.

I hear you. I was joking cause you mentioned fuel injection and all the other work you've done. Be like going completely backwards.

I should have some updates on the Commando in a few weeks. I've been ironing out some bugs in the electronic control module.

Brute

Hooked
That was an epic posting session...your YJ-Commando-stein turned out great...definitely a head turner...

Top Bottom