A Moby question!

bl17z90

I wish companies who make the lift would show the vehicle with stock tires and wheels because every time I look I see a 4.5 inch lift with 35's or 37's so its hard to even tell its there.

Evo seems to be the only company I have seen do this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wish companies who make the lift would show the vehicle with stock tires and wheels because every time I look I see a 4.5 inch lift with 35's or 37's so its hard to even tell its there.

Evo seems to be the only company I have seen do this.

Well, in all fairness, a Jeep that's lifted properly should look proportionate to the new tires that they're on. If you can't tell, they did it right or, close to it. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ture, but I always want to see how much different it really looks compared to stock :bleh:

Well, "look" is one thing but, the diagram below will give you some factory ride height measurements. If you measure what you have, anything taller than these dimensions will be the amount of lift you have. Of course, you can do this to any Jeep to find out what they are sitting at. :yup:

attachment.php

FuriousDz

Well, "look" is one thing but, the diagram below will give you some factory ride height measurements. If you measure what you have, anything taller than these dimensions will be the amount of lift you have. Of course, you can do this to any Jeep to find out what they are sitting at. :yup:

attachment.php

This looks familiar, is this the same diagram from the dynatrac docs?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here you go. This first one is attached just behind the pinch seam where the last factory Rubicon rail bolt goes...
IMG_3139.jpg

For the rear light, I used the parking brake retaining clip stud on the bottom of the tub to secure it...
IMG_3138.jpg

Metalmasher

wayoflife said:
we like to keep our rigs sitting as low as they can go and so, we have moby sitting at about 4.5" above stock. most JK's sitting on 37's sit taller than moby on its 40's.

Did you have to trim your body panel by you rock slider?

Metalmasher

Metalmasher said:
Did you have to trim your body panel by you rock slider?

image-3869471098.jpg

Cut away front and rear for clearance

Attachments

• image-237666562.jpg
    image-237666562.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 235
  • image-2723234715.jpg
    image-2723234715.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 246

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah, way more that what you showed in your follow up post :crazyeyes:

OK... you've got Moby back. How about some pictures of how much you trimmed the wheel wells and the pinch seams. On a more important note, how much honey was consumed when you were doing the trimming? :honey::honey::honey:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Ok, so here's my trim. Two of the pictures are the left rear tire, forward and rear and one picture of the left front tire. 37's with 12+ inches if wheel travel. Going to 40's in Jan. More trimming will be in order.

image-2545492213.jpg

Attachments

• image-3836703270.jpg
    image-3836703270.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 231
  • image-3646253960.jpg
    image-3646253960.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 237

Skid_Kid

Eddie,

Do you have a wire and light for your license plate on Moby and RubiCAT? Also are you using the rigid lights as your reverse lights?

1slowjeep

i hate cut fenders because they never look finished IMO untill i seen moby's. im getting the goods together and its going to be cutting time very soon. that jeep has the dead on fender look im going for. "going to be some copy-cat going on here for sure"

Top Bottom