A Moby question!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

Do you have a wire and light for your license plate on Moby and RubiCAT? Also are you using the rigid lights as your reverse lights?

No, it's something I've been meaning to do and now a days, there are more options to choose from. Regarding the reverse lights, I just have them tied into a manual switch. Maybe someday I'll get around to working it so that they come on automatically as well. :crazyeyes:

i hate cut fenders because they never look finished IMO untill i seen moby's. im getting the goods together and its going to be cutting time very soon. that jeep has the dead on fender look im going for. "going to be some copy-cat going on here for sure"

LOL!! I'm flattered that you like my cut and would encouarge you to copy away :yup:

Skid_Kid

No, it's something I've been meaning to do and now a days, there are more options to choose from. Regarding the reverse lights, I just have them tied into a manual switch. Maybe someday I'll get around to working it so that they come on automatically as well. :crazyeyes:

I am thinking about removing my bumper and going with the EVO Mfg Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts as well as the tire carrier and rear corner rock skins. I like where you have the Rigid's mounted. I was looking at the wiring diagrams for them and it is possible to have them wired to a switch to be able to turn them on at will and tied into the reverse light wiring so they come on when I put it into reverse also.

Have not though about what to do about a license plate light yet. How do you have your plate mounted to the tire carrier?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am thinking about removing my bumper and going with the EVO Mfg Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts as well as the tire carrier and rear corner rock skins. I like where you have the Rigid's mounted. I was looking at the wiring diagrams for them and it is possible to have them wired to a switch to be able to turn them on at will and tied into the reverse light wiring so they come on when I put it into reverse also.

Have not though about what to do about a license plate light yet. How do you have your plate mounted to the tire carrier?

The EVO tire carrier comes with a license plate mount and that's where I have ours attached. As far as wiring goes, I'm not the best at that kind of stuff but, I have seen people do what you're looking for.

Skid_Kid

The EVO tire carrier comes with a license plate mount and that's where I have ours attached. As far as wiring goes, I'm not the best at that kind of stuff but, I have seen people do what you're looking for.

Sweet! I didn't know it came with one. Good to know. I don't mind doing simple wiring and such.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey Eddie,

I was just reading some of your write ups. I have used a few as well. Just wanted to say thanks for providing this information in great detail. It definitely helps a brother out!:beer:

Top Bottom