A Place Where Faith in Humanity Still Exists

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Encouraging that places like this still exist in the crazy world we live in today. They sure are hard to come by though. Thanks for sharing the great experience. I need to make it out there at some point in our lives and check out some of these awesome watering holes you’ve been sharing on here.

If you can ever make it out, let me know. Assuming I have the time, it'd be my pleasure to take you on a tour of a few :cool:

JAGS

Hooked
Actually, Crystal is the town. Miss Kathy is the owner of the saloon and from what we had seen, it's something she does all the time. :yup:

Apparently I didn't have enough whiskey to see that straight. I'll be sure to get it right on the test. Ha ha. [emoji6]🥃🥃

longarmwj

Encouraging that places like this still exist in the crazy world we live in today. They sure are hard to come by though. Thanks for sharing the great experience. I need to make it out there at some point in our lives and check out some of these awesome watering holes you’ve been sharing on here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was thinking the same!! I plan on sometime next year making the trek out :thumb:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Great story!! It proves what I've heard many times about this nation, small towns, and Jeep owners, "America is alive and well. You just have to get off the freeway."
To Miss Kathy, Dilly Dilly!!:rock:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Good read, thanks for sharing. Miss Kathy rocks[emoji869], it’s unusual for people to trust you like that these days. Good to know there is some good people left in this world, sadly it’s usually the elderly that still believe in good faith. It’s rare that the new generation folks are trust worthy. You guys had to make a good impression of yourself, and I could only imagine the look on your faces when you figured out you had no cash on you. I know how I would feel.....

I probably wouldn’t trust you guys [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great story Eddie, It feels good inside you when you leave a place live that and something like that happens... that there is still good things around you as you go through life instead of all the bad we hear about over and over on the news.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently I didn't have enough whiskey to see that straight. I'll be sure to get it right on the test. Ha ha. [emoji6]🥃🥃

LOL!! That test is coming soon :crazyeyes: :D

That would be awesome. I could totally see my wife and I getting totally lost out there in the vastness of that desert!

I was thinking the same!! I plan on sometime next year making the trek out :thumb:

We've been doing our trips in segments but hope to do an epic run all around Nevada. Maybe this could be something you guys could join us on :yup:

Great story!! It proves what I've heard many times about this nation, small towns, and Jeep owners, "America is alive and well. You just have to get off the freeway."
To Miss Kathy, Dilly Dilly!!:rock:

Yup, if you turn of the TV, put away the phone and get off the interstate, you can still find what makes America the amazing place that it really is :yup:

This is such a great story. Especially nowadays. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed it. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good read, thanks for sharing. Miss Kathy rocks[emoji869], it’s unusual for people to trust you like that these days. Good to know there is some good people left in this world, sadly it’s usually the elderly that still believe in good faith. It’s rare that the new generation folks are trust worthy. You guys had to make a good impression of yourself, and I could only imagine the look on your faces when you figured out you had no cash on you. I know how I would feel.....

I probably wouldn’t trust you guys [emoji6]

LOL!! I probably wouldn't trust us. That's what makes a gal like Miss Kathy so amazing. :yup:

Great story Eddie, It feels good inside you when you leave a place live that and something like that happens... that there is still good things around you as you go through life instead of all the bad we hear about over and over on the news.

It's a big part of why I wanted to share this story. In spite of all that we see and hear on the news, there still is good to be found out there. :yup:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I would be hard pressed without cash or a means to pay to receive that kind of trust in the town of my childhood.

Thank you for sharing Eddie!

Brute

Hooked
It's nice to hear a story that makes you feel good, unlike all of the news we've become inundated with lately...

jeeeep

Hooked
when I was younger it seemed there were a lot more Miss Kathy's in the world. Great to see people like her still exist!

Going to put this on my must visit list when I'm out in SL over the summer.

just did a Google maps search on Crystal, Nye County, Nevada and the map that came up has Miss Kathy's Short Branch Saloon pin already on it....hmm coincidence or Google is watching :eek:

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
I've been wanting to share this awesome story ever since it happened but got busy with work. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :cool:

Like you, I rarely carry cash with me anymore if only because it's so much easier to keep a track of my expenses with a credit card. That being said, I knew better and should have had cash on me like I always do when exploring Nevada. Rookie move on my behalf and like you, I might need to carry some just in case funds in my Tuffy box. :crazyeyes:

You can get into the habit of having a small billfold in an under seat drawer or hidden elsewhere in the Jeep for "emergencies" like this. It's something I started doing after a similar situation.

Top Bottom