Adjusting EVO Bolt On Coilovers

Zadi

Hey yall did someone know why my rear driver coil over spring is rubbing the blue collar of the shock. I have recently installed all the kit and after I did trail I notice that! only on this one View attachment 211661 View attachment 211662

Make sure the springs are centered on the spring separator. I've heard people have had issues with this as well. There is a company named agm that makes that makes isolators that keep the springs lined up better.

Zadi

Here's another question for you guys. How do you change the springs out on these coilovers? Do I need to go find a spring compressor?

PATRIOTKJM

You just need to release any preload you might have on the coils and then you should be able to just remove the coils.

He will need a spring compressor for the rear set. Even with the collar all the way up there’s about an inch to inch and half of preload on them due to their extended length.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
He will need a spring compressor for the rear set. Even with the collar all the way up there’s about an inch to inch and half of preload on them due to their extended length.

Admittedly, it's been a while since I ran bolt on coilovers but that's news to me. Sure, I had a bit of preload to still deal with but not so much that I couldn't just push it up by hand and slide the base cup off. Of course, things could have changed since the early days when all this was still new.

PATRIOTKJM

Admittedly, it's been a while since I ran bolt on coilovers but that's news to me. Sure, I had a bit of preload to still deal with but not so much that I couldn't just push it up by hand and slide the base cup off. Of course, things could have changed since the early days when all this was still new.

They now have two 12” x250lb coils on rear plus the slider is 24.75”. Extended length of shock between spring seats is 23”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom