Aev Procal v Superchips Flashcal 3570

JAGS

Hooked
I was just looking at these two the other day and wonder which would be better. Interested to hear more feedback from those that just purchased too.

munstie

I like my flashcal would rather have a screen than mess with the dip switches on the procal, just my 2¢ though. The options are easy to navigate thru as well.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

defCon5

You can turn the tpms off completely but you have to link it to the Jeep then you can download the free offroad update which will let you turn it off.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Ahhhh.... I did not know this. Have not downloaded anything yet. Going to check it out.

defCon5

I was just looking at these two the other day and wonder which would be better. Interested to hear more feedback from those that just purchased too.

They have the same capabilities more or less. (albeit the possibility of newer downloadable content with the flashcal) The Flashcal has a screen to read and use to navigate settings. Takes 2 minutes to alter settings regardless of the unit but with the Flashcal you have the ability to pull it out, plug it in and you are ready to program vs having to find a dip switch layout and confirm proper orientation of the tiny switches.

I break it down like this:
You're taking a long trip, would you rather have a handful of paper maps or a GPS system? You're going to reach your destination with either method you choose. It's the time you spend fumbling with the instrument that differs.

I chose the Flashcal over the Procal for two main reasons:
1) ease of use with screen vs switches
2) future downloadable content means the system remains relevant longer (and possibly a hack becomes available where I can program more than one vehicle at a time... ;-)

sean.m.adams33

My gf ordered me a flashcal earlier in the week because I'm always trying to figure out gas saving techniques. Got it today. Easy to work with (unless you have a Mac). Programmed it relatively quickly to my rig. I will post up the results later on in the week and tell you all how it is working.

Robar

The Enforcer
Received my Superchips Flashcal a few days ago. Very easy to use. Adjusted my tire size, TMPS to 0, and activated fog lights. It'll have to do until they get some tunes for it.
The only problem I had was getting my computer to recognize the Flashcal. As soon as I got the correct drives installed it worked fine.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
This thread really helped me decide which I wanted to buy, thanks y'all! I'll be ordering the FlashCal today after work :)

LSM

I have a 2012 with 3.21 gears that I just put 35's on. Would the flashcal help with the struggling shift points and/or power lost and/or gas mileage. I'm a little tight on cash right now and trying to do what I can without having to regear. Thanks

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a 2012 with 3.21 gears that I just put 35's on. Would the flashcal help with the struggling shift points and/or power lost and/or gas mileage. I'm a little tight on cash right now and trying to do what I can without having to regear. Thanks

Yes it will get the shift points back to stock with an automatic transmission.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Got my FlashCal today! It took about 10 mins total to go from the box, to the laptop, to the jeep and done. I haven't tested it to see if it worked (it should've).

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
It seems to be working yeah :) I'm happy. We'll see if it actually for sure worked tomorrow after work when I take my usual road trip to San Marcos from where I live. I'm sure it's fine though :thumb:

LSM

Are you supposed to put your actual gear ratio in or something different? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Top Bottom