Aev Procal v Superchips Flashcal 3570

Robar

The Enforcer
Are you supposed to put your actual gear ratio in or something different? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
The Flashcal will tell you what gear ratio your jeep came stock with. You only need to change that if you have regeared to something different.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
^ that. All I changed was tire size. It works great up to 45 mph but now instead of my speedometer reading 65 when I'm actually doing 70...it's reading 75 when I'm actually doing 70. My tires are 255/75/R17s (aka 32's) which is what I reset to via the FlashCal. I'm wondering if it's because they're pretty worn that they're smaller and causing this? Hmmm

Robar

The Enforcer
^ that. All I changed was tire size. It works great up to 45 mph but now instead of my speedometer reading 65 when I'm actually doing 70...it's reading 75 when I'm actually doing 70. My tires are 255/75/R17s (aka 32's) which is what I reset to via the FlashCal. I'm wondering if it's because they're pretty worn that they're smaller and causing this? Hmmm
Measure your tires and set the Flashcal to that measurement.

LSM

Got mine yesterday and tried it out today. Very happy with it. Did just what I wanted it to.

Paisano

Here is a plus for the Procal.

Next, the Procal is DEALER SAFE. There is zero reason to restore the procal/vehicle if you are just going to the dealer. There are no exceptions to this, and it's a great feature of the Procal. Unlike the other flashes/tuners out there, the dealer can not argue anything about your car or warranty for using the Procal correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Here is a plus for the Procal.

Next, the Procal is DEALER SAFE. There is zero reason to restore the procal/vehicle if you are just going to the dealer. There are no exceptions to this, and it's a great feature of the Procal. Unlike the other flashes/tuners out there, the dealer can not argue anything about your car or warranty for using the Procal correctly.

No MOD is 100% dealer safe. :grayno:

Paisano

No MOD is 100% dealer safe. :grayno:

That may be true... I took that right off of AEV's site. I researched it as I had a software update and took it to the dealer and did not restore my Procal and had Zero issues. Yup!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
That's great and all but while I don't worry about taking my FlashCal'ed Jeep into the dealership for an oil change, etc. I would probably reset if I were going in for something more serious like something going wacko in the electronics somewhere (IE anything that could be related to a CPU issue) because if they go in and see that something was changed via an aftermarket product, Chrysler will use that as an excuse to void the warranty and give you the finger. Not every dealership would do this (some dealerships are really nice/customer friendly) but to have work done under warranty, the dealership has to have someone from Chrysler come look at it to say yea or nea. Those people are usually sticklers. Case in point, a guy I heard about/saw a video of had a brand new 2012 JKUR that he bought built up form a dealership with all the fixins; big tires, wheels, 4" lift, fenders, roof basket, bumpers, etc. With 7k miles on it, something broke in the front axle (idr what to be honest) BUT since the warranty clerk dude works for Chrysler and gets paid by them, not the dealership, the owner of the now broken 7k mile JKUR got f*cked. He claimed that he never took it off road which I'd believe cause the dude looked like the mall crawler type. If it were still stock or just had different tires I'm sure they would've said "Yes this is a defect from Chrysler, please let us fix this for you" but since it was built, thats their chance to say "Nope you changed too much, you'll have to pay for this yourself." Same thing can happen here...if it's a problem with your CPU, and they go and see you changed it via a aftermarket product, they'll be swift to give you the finger and blame the reason on the FlashCal/ProCal/whatever.

LittleD-Tj

Even if u unprogram the CPU they can still see that u had a chip on it before u took it in. So once u run one they can see it.

metaldemon

I have the Procal. I had a problem with my cruise control. I restored it before I took it in. It is a very mod friendly dealership, and there factory scan tool could find any codes even though I told them it had two codes on the engine controller. The tech ask me took hook up my scan tool so he could check it out. My tool still showed the codes, and when he plugged the factory tool back in it did also. My point is that I don't know how much they can tell with that tool. They did fix the cruise under warranty.

JK-JOHN-E

IMO the flashcal is easier to use. It uses up and down arrows to answer questions versus using dip switches on the pro cal.

Top Bottom