Aev Procal v Superchips Flashcal 3570

machinegunmedic

Flashcal and Mac

So I'm looking around, and I seem to remember that the Flashcal was not compatible with Mac. Anyone have experience with this?

09blackruby

Now that the flashcal's been out for a bit, I just wanted to check in and see how it's working out for folks who made the purchase. I was going to go the procal route but, since the price is the same the flashcal seems to be the way to go these days.

JK-JOHN-E

Now that the flashcal's been out for a bit, I just wanted to check in and see how it's working out for folks who made the purchase. I was going to go the procal route but, since the price is the same the flashcal seems to be the way to go these days.

IMO FLASHCAL has no DIP switches, so its easier to use...just answer some questions on the screen...plug and play :thumb:

36Fan

My flashcal was ok(2 weeks), but now its having tpms issues. Not sure if its worth the hassle to send it back or if I have a $150 paper weight.

36Fan

The jk is having tpms issues? Can you elaborate? Everything else is ok?

The Flashcal is having tpms issues. No matter where you set the value,the dash light and check tpms warning will come on. Even if you dont set a value and leave it in the default setting which shows 255, it will throw the warning sign. I had to put it back to stock and not use the module at all to clear the warning lights.

36Fan

After having problems with the Flashcal, I contacted Northridge and they contacted Superchips. I have now had 3 people from SC call me and a few emails from them over the problem. They are doing what they can to fix the problem, so all I can do now is wait for there update.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah it sounds like yours is faulty or needs some sort of software update to fix the issue. Similar to software on a computer, sometimes if something is acting up you have to re-download it. Kind of how the app's for phones act up from time to tame, same thing. I'm sure they'll get you hooked up.

I've had my FlashCal for almost a full year now and I've never had issues with anything, ever. I would highly recommend it over the AEV product since it's got the screen and everything so you can actually see what you're doing. Plus as I've said before, it's cheaper.

36Fan

Yeah it sounds like yours is faulty or needs some sort of software update to fix the issue. Similar to software on a computer, sometimes if something is acting up you have to re-download it. Kind of how the app's for phones act up from time to tame, same thing. I'm sure they'll get you hooked up.

I've had my FlashCal for almost a full year now and I've never had issues with anything, ever. I would highly recommend it over the AEV product since it's got the screen and everything so you can actually see what you're doing. Plus as I've said before, it's cheaper.

Its an issue they are having with only the 14's.

ponyrt

I've had the flashCal for about a year without issue as we'll. I even upgraded it to the FlashPaq. Wish I could notice a difference in performance. Lol.

36Fan

Still no word from Superchips on a fix for the 14's. Might have to return this Flashcal or sell it.

Jaydoc1

Is the Flashcal limited to one vehicle like the Procal? Or can you flash multiple JKs with one unit?

Top Bottom