Aftermarket front axle

I have the same setup. 4 degrees built in and the Evo lower control arms added 2 degrees. I talked to both Dynatrac and Evo and they both said I was over thinking it. Haven't had any issues

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Not sure why im getting so much then...
Could you get upper arms and adjust them longer? I wonder if you could buy/build some kind of coil shim to correct it. Getting it close to 6 would be good.
6 was perfect thats where i was before roughly

Add: i could do upoers im sure i just wanted to avoid needing that

Coop

Caught the Bug
I had to compress the Evo lower control arms all the way. Since you probably did that too, maybe look at Currie upper adjustable control arms.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I have a Sahara, so I'm going to need all new internals. Saying that I'm trying to keep the build of the axle down. Did everyone upgrade the ball joints and tube thickness?

Also, I'm running the 3" enforcer, should I get the unlimited or regular?

I forgot to mention that I went with prosteer ball joints too. I waited for a Black Friday deal and if memory serves me correct, I paid $4500 shipped. Still not cheap by any means but worth knowing I've got a extremely solid front end to handle 37s. Wife and I did the axle swap in our driveway so saved on labor costs.

croge17

MedixJK i ran into the same thing with my core44 too much castor had to bottom out the lower control arms and add in upper control arms to get it back to right.

Robertcrav

Just for information purposes here, I have been seeing advertising for this "carbon / curry" axle here lately. It is basically......

curry 44 housing with 3" tubes / .375 thickness.
ARB air locker
4.56, 4.88, 5.13, or 5.38 gears installed
synergy ball joints
new yoke either stock, 1310, or 1350
carbon off road chromoly Axle Shafts with a 10-Year Warranty

Delivered with lift gate service for $4320 It seems to stack up on paper to the others and seems to come in cheaper with more components included.

Thoughts?
I have a set of Currie RJ44s from Austin's (Austin is the son of Carbons owner) JK, 5.13s 30 spline Detroit front , ARB rear 35spline chromoly axles...I have no complaints. Ron, has been in the axle industry a long time and they just recently started offering the rebranded Currie axles.

Screenshot_20170101-173842.jpg
Screenshot_20170101-173942.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

MedixJK i ran into the same thing with my core44 too much castor had to bottom out the lower control arms and add in upper control arms to get it back to right.
Im gonna do a few other things first and see where that gets me. Never realized i had an issue until i ran w/o a steering stabilizer. :-(

danco3636

Replaced both my axles with the G2 Core 44's. They came built in the USA and am pretty happy with them. Complete with ARB, 4.88 and 35 Spline Chromalloy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to point out that "built" in the USA is not the same thing as "MADE" in the USA. There is a difference. I know their proprietary diff covers are "made in the USA" but everything else has always been listed as being "American made".

deadguy

Just wanted to point out that "built" in the USA is not the same thing as "MADE" in the USA. There is a difference. I know their proprietary diff covers are "made in the USA" but everything else has always been listed as being "American made".
100% agree. I was in the same boat when I needed a front axle. Core44 and Currie just was released and there were no real world reviews. Pr44 is made in USA, hi clearance center section, thickest tubes, it's all been said. Nothing against Currie really but as far as core44 I was totally scared away by the aluminum diff cover with no options to change it. Dynatrac is under my rig and I have more confidence than ever.

Sent from my XT1096 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danco3636

Good point. If I had known this I may have went a different route. Got me with the trickery of words lol. For the most part been keeping everything on my rig USA.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good point. If I had known this I may have went a different route. Got me with the trickery of words lol. For the most part been keeping everything on my rig USA.

It's frustrating as hell. If you walk the halls at SEMA, everyone has got some version of "hand built in America", "American made", "designed and assembled in America", etc. but ONLY products that are actually "Made in the USA" can legally state as much and companies that actually do, typically make a big to do about it.

J

JKDream

Funny because on their product and all there ads it says Made in the USA.
Going to investigate further to see what portions is done overseas.

They actually have a video of the manufacturing process similar to Dynatracs video.
I was surprised to see it, I always thought these were just assembled in the US.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They actually have a video of the manufacturing process similar to Dynatracs video.
I was surprised to see it, I always thought these were just assembled in the US.

You'll forgive me but their video is NOTHING like the one Cindy and I made. All I saw was a lot of casting of the diff clips, a couple of brief shots of tubes being pressed in and "some" assembly which could have been done anywhere. I've never questioned where their casts are made as they clearly note that they are "Made in USA". Also, while some of the gold shafts they use are in fact stamped "Foote USA" which are in fact made in the USA, I have personally seen where some say nothing at all. I have personally been to Dynatrac and have seen their manufacturing facility, I have personally been to Foote and seen their foundries but I still don't have a clue as to where G2 manufactures their axles. Granted, maybe I haven't looked hard enough but it does make me wonder especially being that G2 is/was owned by TransAmerica (now Polaris) and they are notorious for making and selling Chinese and India made products. Oh, and if you're out of the area, the Compton address is their main warehouse - I've been there too.

J

JKDream

You'll forgive me but their video is NOTHING like the one Cindy and I made. All I saw was a lot of casting of the diff clips, a couple of brief shots of tubes being pressed in and "some" assembly which could have been done anywhere. I've never questioned where their casts are made as they clearly note that they are "Made in USA". Also, while some of the gold shafts they use are in fact stamped "Foote USA" which are in fact made in the USA, I have personally seen where some say nothing at all. I have personally been to Dynatrac and have seen their manufacturing facility, I have personally been to Foote and seen their foundries but I still don't have a clue as to where G2 manufactures their axles. Granted, maybe I haven't looked hard enough but it does make me wonder especially being that G2 is/was owned by TransAmerica (now Polaris) and they are notorious for making and selling Chinese and India made products. Oh, and if you're out of the area, the Compton address is their main warehouse - I've been there too.

They both show a manufacturing process of an axle, which makes them similar videos.
Albeit yours is clearly more detailed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They both show a manufacturing process of an axle, which makes them similar videos.
Albeit yours is clearly more detailed.

Their video is about 2 minutes long. Our video is over 13 minutes long and yes, way more detailed and for a reason. The foundry shots which is most of the video is clearly not at their warehouse in Compton. There are only a handful of foundries in the USA and while I'm sure G2 uses one of them, that's about all I'm lead to believe. What little "manufacturing" they show does not convince me that their axles are in fact, made in the USA. Parts of it clearly are but unless someone can show me otherwise, it's nothing close to a ProRock which is made entirely here in the USA.

I should also note that the other thing that bugs me about G2 is that for the first couple of years after releasing their axle, they were sold with diff covers that had a fill hole in the wrong location. Either they had incompetent engineers design the axle, didn't know about the mistake until way later or knew about it but purposefully kept quite and kept selling it anyway. Whatever the case is, none of it sat well with me and it's a big part of why I would never want a G2.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got this direct from G2

"Dan,
All the G/2 Core44 housing are made in the USA and the steel is from the USA."

Don't know where in the USA they are made but I guess if they told you so, it must be true.

Still doesn't change the fact that they either have incompetent engineers design the axle, didn't know about the mistake in the fill hole until a over a year later or knew about it but purposefully kept quite and kept selling it that way anyway.

danco3636

Don't know where in the USA they are made but I guess if they told you so, it must be true.

Still doesn't change the fact that they either have incompetent engineers design the axle, didn't know about the mistake in the fill hole until a over a year later or knew about it but purposefully kept quite and kept selling it that way anyway.

Not must be true.... lol
But I would think it would be pretty bad if they just flat out lied about it.

Top Bottom