Aftermarket front axle

WJCO

Meme King
Well, shit. If you can have the convieience of picking them up at your local Walmart, they've got to be some good shit, right?

IMG_20170102_191016_835.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not must be true.... lol
But I would think it would be pretty bad if they just flat out lied about it.

No worse than continuing to sell a proprietary aluminum diff cover with a fill hole they designed and knew was in the wrong location. This went for the better part of 2014. No worse than saying how all their shafts are made in the USA but then finding out that not come with the same Foote USA stamp. We are talking about 4WheelParts here - they are the ones who own G2.

J

JKDream

No worse than continuing to sell a proprietary aluminum diff cover with a fill hole they designed and knew was in the wrong location. This went for the better part of 2014. No worse than saying how all their shafts are made in the USA but then finding out that not come with the same Foote USA stamp. We are talking about 4WheelParts here - they are the ones who own G2.

I'm curious which cover you are referring to?
Do you have a photo?
Not flaming, actually curious where/how it was messed up.

ravenmad

4 wheel parts

LOLOLOL.... 4Wheel Parts... I remember when they didn't suck, you know, like 16 years ago. Yup, back in the good old days the salesmen actually knew what they were talking about, they pushed products that didn't suck and would tell you if you were about to try to buy crap... Yup, that was before they started making there own plastic crap, buying companies and then pedaling it to unsuspecting brains full of mush as if their stuff was top notch. OMGosh, I have a friend who was at a store recently inquiring into axles for an axle swap and they told him the G2 line was on par with Dynatrac, every bit as good, something about coating on the axle shafts and high quality metallurgy that sets it apart from "typical" axle assemblies... lolol, OMGosh, my back hurts from laughing. I equate going to 4WP with walking in the door of your local auto parts store, approaching the counter only to have a 20 year old, acne laden H.S. dropout ask me what year vehicle I am working on, and then going down the punchlist in order to get to a part number.... BLAAAAA, Im out here, its back to a NAPA to talk to a 65 year old man who spent most of his life working on cars and is now retired making a little extra cash, and they sell Timken Bearings instead of Precision... AnyHooo, 4WP. If your contemplating a G2 axle its either because you want to get into the sport but don't know much and in that case, welcome to the Forum, search and learn before you spend money, OR... The reflection of the Iridescent lights at the Mall cast such a pretty hue of awesome off the cast aluminum you just can't stand to let all your friends be the only ones parked outside the food court with them.... Enjoy

WJCO

Meme King
LOLOLOL.... 4Wheel Parts... I remember when they didn't suck, you know, like 16 years ago. Yup, back in the good old days the salesmen actually knew what they were talking about, they pushed products that didn't suck and would tell you if you were about to try to buy crap... Yup, that was before they started making there own plastic crap, buying companies and then pedaling it to unsuspecting brains full of mush as if their stuff was top notch. OMGosh, I have a friend who was at a store recently inquiring into axles for an axle swap and they told him the G2 line was on par with Dynatrac, every bit as good, something about coating on the axle shafts and high quality metallurgy that sets it apart from "typical" axle assemblies... lolol, OMGosh, my back hurts from laughing. I equate going to 4WP with walking in the door of your local auto parts store, approaching the counter only to have a 20 year old, acne laden H.S. dropout ask me what year vehicle I am working on, and then going down the punchlist in order to get to a part number.... BLAAAAA, Im out here, its back to a NAPA to talk to a 65 year old man who spent most of his life working on cars and is now retired making a little extra cash, and they sell Timken Bearings instead of Precision... AnyHooo, 4WP. If your contemplating a G2 axle its either because you want to get into the sport but don't know much and in that case, welcome to the Forum, search and learn before you spend money, OR... The reflection of the Iridescent lights at the Mall cast such a pretty hue of awesome off the cast aluminum you just can't stand to let all your friends be the only ones parked outside the food court with them.... Enjoy

Sad but true.

danco3636

Gotcha. Yep this was after I bought them at 4WP's and didn't know any better. Haven't gone there since. I get my work and sales done elsewhere now.
Well I will run the shit out of these and see how they hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Beat me to it. I don't even think you were around back then :crazyeyes:

Gotcha. Yep this was after I bought them at 4WP's and didn't know any better. Haven't gone there since. I get my work and sales done elsewhere now.

Honestly, I'd hope that your axle holds up well. I just wanted to keep things straight for those who might be looking for a new axle and may come across this thread.

LOL!! You sound like someone who's been doing this for about as long as I have :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't but it wasn't that tough to find. #googlemaster

:cheesy: You know I would never just throw shit out there unless I could back it up with something. I typically hold on to trump cards like that for when people try to call me out but clearly, you are aware of this thing called google :crazyeyes:

J

JKDream

I wasn't but it wasn't that tough to find. #googlemaster

Google master indeed, I actually didn't come up with anything when I searched it. :crazyeyes:

Thank you for the link by the way!

ravenmad

stuff

Sorry man, sucks. People work hard for their money, you see a major chain and they look like the safest place to go... Most people I know can't afford to buy something and then turn around and replace it, they bought it because they were told it was good... Sucks... can you really not even change the diff cover? Its like building a whole vehicle and designing your own proprietary bolts so only your mechanics can work on it... Ow, wait, thats FORD... sorry Man, its easy to make jokes, but hopefully you have been able to find a good reputable shop and some opinions you can trust.

danco3636

Sorry man, sucks. People work hard for their money, you see a major chain and they look like the safest place to go... Most people I know can't afford to buy something and then turn around and replace it, they bought it because they were told it was good... Sucks... can you really not even change the diff cover? Its like building a whole vehicle and designing your own proprietary bolts so only your mechanics can work on it... Ow, wait, thats FORD... sorry Man, its easy to make jokes, but hopefully you have been able to find a good reputable shop and some opinions you can trust.

I have. Found a new home and have since did some very nice upgrades and mods. Even put in my EVO bolt on coilovers which ride nice.

ravenmad

stuff

Still learning thought. Great advice I have gotten from this group.

Good, right on man. Everyone has an opinion you know, not all of them are educated. There are many forums, I've surfed a lot, but this one is pretty good. Decent regular people who love the sport in general. Its always good to be able to learn from other peoples mistakes and successes. Keep everyone updated with mods to your ride, the learning goes both ways. Peace

Top Bottom