All things Colorado

WJCO

Meme King
About what elevation and location is that?

I have been wanting to run some trails in the Crested Butte/Aspen area the 2nd week of July. The Forrest Service at Gunnison said Pearl Pass may not open this year and others not until August. Any info on this area?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is up north around 9k. I'm not to familiar with that other area.

Kyle7R

Sweet man! Loving CO aren't you!
We're definitely doing our best to enjoy as much of the outdoors as possible
Nice job, Kyle. I've only seen the lake. Pretty area.
I wasn't sure I was going to make it, the elevation was kicking my butt.

Where were you guys out exploring in your pics?

Keep an eye on this site, it will get updated pretty regularly:

http://bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm
Bushducks has become one of my favorites, between that and traildamage.com.

Which, it looks like traildamage has become a pay site recently. I've been on there enough that I think I'll contribute to keep using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I wasn't sure I was going to make it, the elevation was kicking my butt.

Where were you guys out exploring in your pics?

You will likely get used to the elevation. It killed me when I first moved back as well. We were everywhere lately. We have some cool spots we go to. Maybe we'll have a chance to show you around sometime.

Kyle7R

You will likely get used to the elevation. It killed me when I first moved back as well. We were everywhere lately. We have some cool spots we go to. Maybe we'll have a chance to show you around sometime.

Heck yeah man, we would love that. We're chompin' at the bit every weekend to get outdoors.

Chris1015

20170528_185519.jpg
Don't mean to hijack the thread so I apologize but my jeep is down there in the middle. I didn't update my build thread, but see the new skid plate I put on? [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Nice! I used to live right on the base there when I was younger. Been up there many times. :)

In fact, the brown house on the corner directly behind your jeep belonged to my best friend in high school.

Last edited:

boardsurfer

I got out to my favorite little getaway trail again today. It is quickly turning into something completely different than the mellow trail it used to be. It's a shame too, there are lots of new tracks all over the mountain where there wasnt any before. People bypassing difficult sections, huge new mud holes. It was quite the sloppy mess from all the snow run off. Much more than in years past.

The view from the top is still the same thankfully.

tQ3HY0C.jpg

Shoutout to the stranger in the gnarly XJ that yanked me off the snow bank I was stuck on. :rock:

Top Bottom