All things Colorado

WJCO

Meme King
Took my youngest son out for one last snowshoe this season. Beautiful day up there in the Rockies. Followed fresh bear prints the whole way up. The snow above 10k is still pretty deep, at least a few feet in the trees still. We were in a very remote area, and yet still the animals know to associate humans with food. We were at our lunch spot for 5 minutes and this bird showed up with no fear at all, came right up to us.

DSC05398.jpg

DSC05400.JPG

DSC05405.jpg

DSC05403.jpg

DSC05423.jpg

DSC05421.jpg

DSC05415.jpg

DSC05419.JPG

DSC05429.JPG

DSC05432.jpg

DSC05442.JPG

DSC05430.JPG

Vanv39

Took my youngest son out for one last snowshoe this season. Beautiful day up there in the Rockies. Followed fresh bear prints the whole way up. The snow above 10k is still pretty deep, at least a few feet in the trees still. We were in a very remote area, and yet still the animals know to associate humans with food. We were at our lunch spot for 5 minutes and this bird showed up with no fear at all, came right up to us.

View attachment 260940

View attachment 260941

View attachment 260943

View attachment 260942

View attachment 260947

View attachment 260946

View attachment 260944

View attachment 260945

View attachment 260948

View attachment 260950

View attachment 260951

View attachment 260949

very cool!

BobNH

Very nice pics once again wjco. It is no wonder the folks in Colorado are said to be among the most relaxed in the US. Least thats the word amongst all my skiing friends over the years, never been there myself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
That's very cool! That's also a lot of snow 😵

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The 20 foot picture is a wind deposit. Most of the snow was only about 5 feet deep.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. I never get tired of the views and sharing the pictures with others. It's a pretty spot.

Very nice pics once again wjco. It is no wonder the folks in Colorado are said to be among the most relaxed in the US. Least thats the word amongst all my skiing friends over the years, never been there myself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Relaxed?! I carried a 65 pound pack for those pictures, lol. That's the most work I've done in several years. I forgot how big my son was getting. He's walking next time. Seriously though, I realize every day how much I've taken where I live for granted and am trying to get out more and more to enjoy it all. It really is a beautiful area to live in.

Awesome pics. Keep them coming especially with summer upon us.

On a separate note, my wife met with her program director and got some contacts at UC Denver. We'll be starting to apply for jobs very shortly. Hope you don't mind I SUB'd here!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks. Are you heading up this far north or trying to stay South of Denver?
We are in Creede at the moment. Planning tomorrows trip. Hit Bachelor loop today. Trying to posts won't load. Have to do later. Sweet trip.

Basscat

Those Mountain Jays are the bullies of the bird world at timberline! Great pics. Your boy looks like a bundled up little bruiser! You'll have
lots of fun with him in the years to come!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Awesome photos! Looks like a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
It sure was brother!
Ain't it though? You need to check out Creede and Lake City.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'll put those on the list, we need to schedule a gathering!
You aren't wasting any time man
I just can't bear to sit indoors knowing all of that is out there :wink:

I'm really enjoying getting to wheel the 4Door stock(ish), I never got to do that with the 2 door.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom