AllAmericanInfidel's JKU Build Thread -

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
thats a real nice front bumper, hard to find something that fits all your needs. also i was unsure about the evo rear fascia bumper, but after seeing more and more of them and how clean yours looks, i'm starting to think it might be the way to go! you think little cube lights like dually would fit on top for reverse lights?

Not sure what size the Rigid Duallys are, but I measured today and it looks like there is close to 3" of space between the top of the Fascia and the tailgate door. I'm sure you wouldn't want to go all the way to the top and leave a little room. Anyways, took some pics for you. Sorry about the crappy photos, its windy as hell outside.

SAM_0917.jpg
SAM_0918.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Do the windows just pop right out like they did for the TJ?

Yup! :thumb: Just open the door and lift straight up, throw them in the back. The only way they differ from the half doors I had on my CJ is that there is a plastic trim piece that goes all the way around the window and gives it a more finished look. It acts as the 'frame' for the window as well.

SAM_0485.jpg

On my CJ it was just exposed cloth.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Thanks for taking time to measure and post a picture. I guess my lights are 3". I noticed it had holes on top, I'm sure there is a perfect light for them. Half doors look nice also!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yup! :thumb: Just open the door and lift straight up, throw them in the back. The only way they differ from the half doors I had on my CJ is that there is a plastic trim piece that goes all the way around the window and gives it a more finished look. It acts as the 'frame' for the window as well.

View attachment 73434

On my CJ it was just exposed cloth.

I never realized until this picture but they use the old interior on the half doors.

Rusty

Not sure what size the Rigid Duallys are, but I measured today and it looks like there is close to 3" of space between the top of the Fascia and the tailgate door. I'm sure you wouldn't want to go all the way to the top and leave a little room. Anyways, took some pics for you. Sorry about the crappy photos, its windy as hell outside.

View attachment 73432
View attachment 73433

I just looked up the dually 2’s height in the Rigid Spec’s and they are 2” 15/16 not including the mounting hardware.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I never realized until this picture but they use the old interior on the half doors.

From what was explained to me by the dealership, Jeep never updated the half door panels because not enough of them are sold to warrant a redesign. It would not be 'cost effective' for Jeep to do so. I suspected that was the reason (think I read it somewhere) but did not know for sure until I asked the service manager. That's the story I got anyways. :dont_know:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
And finally, closed out the night by relocating the vacuum pump under the hood and mounting up the Full Metal Fabworks Pinnacle front bumper.
SAM_0964.jpg
SAM_0965.jpg
SAM_0967.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You know how I can tell you're in the military? Because your garage is way to organized! :cheesy:

Looks good man!

Top Bottom