AllAmericanInfidel's JKU Build Thread -

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
My fronts say 1616, apparently they are correct. Just surprised still I got 3.5" out of a 2" kit. Not complaining at all. I took Brick to breakfast today for the first time on the new Fox shocks and am very happy with the ride. Does yours still ride like stock too?

I only have about 50 miles driving on the lift so far. I doubt its even done settling, plus I'm not sure if the EVO sliders will make it squat any more. Ride wise, I would have to say it feels very close to stock with 1 notable exception; the hard 'edge' when hitting larger bumps and holes is gone. I no longer get that 'jolt' I used to from both the 2 door and this JKU. Not sure if its the Monotube Fox shocks, the springs or both. I'm pleased with it so far, but will hopefully be seeing how it performs at Gulches soon.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I only have about 50 miles driving on the lift so far. I doubt its even done settling, plus I'm not sure if the EVO sliders will make it squat any more. Ride wise, I would have to say it feels very close to stock with 1 notable exception; the hard 'edge' when hitting larger bumps and holes is gone. I no longer get that 'jolt' I used to from both the 2 door and this JKU. Not sure if its the Monotube Fox shocks, the springs or both. I'm pleased with it so far, but will hopefully be seeing how it performs at Gulches soon.

When I put my sliders on I felt/feel way more planted to the road... my random :twocents:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Couldn't even come close to flexing her out all the way. Rear brake like was getting close, and so was the front Driveshaft to the exhaust crossover. This was still connected too.
IMG_0156.jpg
IMG_0157.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0168.jpg

Drive shaft MIGHT be ok, but extended brake lines are definitely in need.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Finally got some true measurements on level ground. From the shock tower where the bushing touches to the middle of the lower shock bolt is 21.75". Stock it is 18.5", so 3.25" of lift from the springs. I also measure from the top of the lower spring perch to the edge of the spring perch tower to verify my other numbers and again came up with 3.25" of lift. So, 3 1/4" of lift from 2 inch springs. So far I am pleased with the ride, no noticeable difference from stock in the slower stuff, much improved when hitting larger bumps at speed. As I mentioned before, the hard 'jolt' when hitting bumps is gone. I also realized today that when I took it in, they jacked the tires up to 40PSI, so I dropped them back down to 30PSI and it is much softer riding! Amazing how much of a difference 10PSI can make!

I still have the EVO sliders to weld on, which will add about 90 lbs, and a 3rd row seat when it comes in (not sure of the weight on that). Still hoping to get about a 1/2" to 3/4" of sag out of these to get it closer to the 2.5" mark I want to be at. Anyone know about how long/how many miles before their suspension settled to its final ride height?

BadApple

The more I see this color the better it looks. The build is coming along nice. Hope your enjoying it!!

Sent from a little JK!!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just a few updated pics. I still have a few parts to install, just waiting for a free weekend. One of these days the sun is going to shine again here and Ill get some good Hi res pics.

SAM_0992.jpg
SAM_0993.jpg
SAM_0991.jpg
SAM_0994.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just some small stuff. I saw a picture with, I think it was Toxic's rig, where he used the EVO side plates with the rear bumper fascia and I was digging the look, so I threw mine on today.
IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg

Top Bottom