Alloy USA ball joints

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I hope the teraflex ball joints don't use the same steel as their tire carrier cause if so you have a lot more things to worry about than I tire falling off the back

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I hope the teraflex ball joints don't use the same steel as their tire carrier cause if so you have a lot more things to worry about than I tire falling off the back

I would be willing to bet they are the same as alloy, synergy, crown.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm on my third set in 60k miles.

You're also running aftermarket wheels with 3.5" of back spacing and with 35" tires. If you were to be running factory 6.25" back spacing with factory 32" tires, you could get factory ball joints to last well over 60,000 miles. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For that amount of money I would just pony up for Dynatracs. You will never need to pop out another ball joint as you can rebuilt them without having to pop them out.

This ^^^^

what about the Terra flex ball joints? they say lifetime warranty. Has anyone used them.

Any feedback on the Terraflex HD ball joints ?
I already have a set of AlloyUSA mounted for 10K miles now and it's getting sloppy, and ball joints are not common un europe so I'll have to import them (again).

I would be willing to bet they are the same as alloy, synergy, crown.

What piginajeep said ^^^

With the exception of Dynatrac, all the China ball joints are all Alibaba specials. If you're willing to order 500 units at a time, you can get them for about $5 a piece and packed in a box with your name on it.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Any feedback on the Terraflex HD ball joints ?
I already have a set of AlloyUSA mounted for 10K miles now and it's getting sloppy, and ball joints are not common un europe so I'll have to import them (again).

I know you:bleh:..........forget about terraflex pony up for some Dynatracs......;);)

JeepDrum

I started installing a set of Alloy USA ball joints today. I pressed in the lower ball joint and got really confused. Where is the clip supposed to go? Is that only used on certain vehicles? I have a D30 if that makes a difference.

JKbrick

I started installing a set of Alloy USA ball joints today. I pressed in the lower ball joint and got really confused. Where is the clip supposed to go? Is that only used on certain vehicles? I have a D30 if that makes a difference.

I’ve not seen a clip on any of the Jeep ones I’ve done

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepDrum

Ok cool. I don't really see how it could benefit anything. I'm assuming it's for some other vehicle maybe. Thanks!

TRLJNKY

Yeah I didnt use the clips that came with the kits either

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Ok, I know I am going to get roasted, but in all seriousness I have a 166,000 miles on my Jeep and still have not had to replace my factory ball joints. I run ATX Slabs and 35x12.5r17. Yes I do wheel my vehicle, now in all fairness my wheeling consist of more overlanding in Germany and moderate trails in Montana. Now, I have broke my steering sector shaft and replaced a few u-joints on the front axle shafts. I keep checking my ball joints and still no movement at all.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Ok, I know I am going to get roasted, but in all seriousness I have a 166,000 miles on my Jeep and still have not had to replace my factory ball joints. I run ATX Slabs and 35x12.5r17. Yes I do wheel my vehicle, no in all fairness my wheeling consist of more overlanding in Germany and moderate trails in Montana. Now, I have broke my steering sector shaft and replaced a few u-joints on the front axle shafts. I keep checking them and still no movement at all.

“Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on earth...”

JKbrick

Ok, I know I am going to get roasted, but in all seriousness I have a 166,000 miles on my Jeep and still have not had to replace my factory ball joints. I run ATX Slabs and 35x12.5r17. Yes I do wheel my vehicle, now in all fairness my wheeling consist of more overlanding in Germany and moderate trails in Montana. Now, I have broke my steering sector shaft and replaced a few u-joints on the front axle shafts. I keep checking my ball joints and still no movement at all.

That’s pretty amazing! I had death wobble at 13000 miles and changed mine

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Yea, I even bought a set that has been sitting in the garage for 2 years waiting, I also bought a ball joint tool set. Just in case, but now I am getting a Prorock 44 front and a Prorock 60 for the rear.

Top Bottom