Amp'd Up JKU Sport Build

JeepJeep75

Looks great Sean!!!! Just need to find you a Rubi-bar with the No-limit knob. Then some axles.... then a Rubi TC.... then..... then..... then...... [emoji23][emoji23]🤣🤣 You're gonna love the new ride on the Plush's and 9k's with 35's.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Congrats not just on your cool upgraded ride but on the self install. You rock, dude! Keep up the good work and we'll keep following.

seansheds

Last weekend a trip was planned to Calico, but as of The beginning of the week I wasn't going because the front driveshaft I had gotten from a friend ended up being too short. [emoji17] I had found another used one but the guy was taking his Jeep into Rebel and wasn't sure when they were going to be available, and he wouldn't know until Friday.

Friday morning my fingers were crossed so while I waited to hear from him I decided to get my oil changed and EVO oil pan skid installed.

IMG_7402.jpg

IMG_7404.jpg

It was my first time changing the oil in the Jeep and it was a piece of cake! I live where they politics the filter. [emoji106] Installing the oil pan skid was tedious, but also very simple. It was a good feeling having that extra trail insurance because you never know when a greedy rock is going to try to knock you out.

IMG_7403.jpg

seansheds

Right around the time when I finished up the oil change I got an email from the saying they wouldn't be pulling the driveshafts until Monday. Damn! I really wanted to do the Calico run and test out the new suspension so I made a call to JE Reel to see if they had any 1350's in stock. Well, it was my lucky day so hit the road an made the one hour drive to Pomona.

IMG_7405.jpg

By the time I got back it was 3 pm so I got right to work since we had dinner plans at 6.

My old shaft was already removed so I figured it would be a pretty quick job. Well, knowing how long other things took to install with the lift I should have known it would take longer than expected! I tried everything but could not get the pinion nut to break loose. I used my breaker bar with a floor jack but the bar started to bend. [emoji21] Not knowing how to get the damn thing off I decided to run over to the local garage and ask them to use the impact driver. The guy was really cool and made easy work of it. He tightened it enough so I could drive home slowly and still be able to get it off. I handed him $10 and took a nice slow drive home 5 blocks.

Back at the house from there everything went fine and I finished up at 5:30 with enough time for a quick shower and still made it to dinner in time. I didn't get any pics unfortunately.

seansheds

Since I was able to get the new front driveshaft installed Amp'd 2.0 was ready for its first run! I didn't get much sleep Friday night and the 4:45 am alarm came pretty quickly.

I was thoroughly impressed by the performance of everything! The 4" Enforcer has great flex and kept my tires planed on the ground the whole time. I was concerned the lack of lockers would be an issue at some point, but I had no problem with any of the obstacles. It was a great first run and a ton of fun with a great group of people! I can't wait for the next run!

IMG_7408.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

IMG_7457.jpg

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

Came home with a couple battle scars, but she ain't no Mall Crawler!

IMG_7756.jpg

mo0s3

I love calico ghost town :) the wall with that narrow ledge is pretty hairy tho lol. Last tome we did it it just started to sprinkle as we went up that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

seansheds

Now that the Jeep has gotten a badass suspension and tire upgrade I felt like I needed something for the body. Rockskins are planned for the near future, but for now I decided on...

IMG_7760.jpg

seansheds

Great Father's Day gift! Not authentic Grabars, but I'm fine with that. More money for a future gift [emoji6]

IMG_7832.jpg

Top Bottom