Andrew's Build

ninjaturtle13

That's the beach off ocean parkway right? The only beaches I have been to was Montauk point, and hither hills

Sent via carrier pigeon

Yeah there's a few of them there. One of our favorite spots is democrat point but they close most of it for the piping plovers nesting season. I want to say around July or August last summer they reopened it and just roped off some areas for the birds. We went out to Montauk last September that was beautiful also. Andrew can give you more details on the different ones off of ocean parkway later. He broke his phone :( I know there's also Gilgo and Sore Thumb over there as well. The main thing is as far as I know only Democrat Point has air stations and they require you to air down on the beach. Also although they have air stations you need your own air hose to fill up. We'll have to set a Sunday for us to all go out together. Nothing better than a topless doorless jeep day on the beach :D

mikefishes

Yeah there's a few of them there. One of our favorite spots is democrat point but they close most of it for the piping plovers nesting season. I want to say around July or August last summer they reopened it and just roped off some areas for the birds. We went out to Montauk last September that was beautiful also. Andrew can give you more details on the different ones off of ocean parkway later. He broke his phone :( I know there's also Gilgo and Sore Thumb over there as well. The main thing is as far as I know only Democrat Point has air stations and they require you to air down on the beach. Also although they have air stations you need your own air hose to fill up. We'll have to set a Sunday for us to all go out together. Nothing better than a topless doorless jeep day on the beach :D

Piping plovers....:doh: I have a place down in Nags Head , NC and do a lot of fishing at Cape Hatteras. Those #*$&%#'ing birds have had the beach closed/restricted for years. NC actually spends money employing hunters to shoot foxes/cats/etc. that prey upon them. Crazy!

Drayko88

love the jeep and the pics of u at the beach im on long island also im looking to get my beach permit this year and wud love to hit those trails with you one say pm me if ur interested in taking a trip one weekend

Thanks for the compliments, pm sent : )

Drayko88

That's the beach off ocean parkway right? The only beaches I have been to was Montauk point, and hither hills

Sent via carrier pigeon

Sore thumb is the beach off of ocean parkway and is very nice. The pictures are of democrat point which is at Robert Moses beach. If you want exact directions shoot me a pm and ill let you know how to get there

Drayko88

Piping plovers....:doh: I have a place down in Nags Head , NC and do a lot of fishing at Cape Hatteras. Those #*$&%#'ing birds have had the beach closed/restricted for years. NC actually spends money employing hunters to shoot foxes/cats/etc. that prey upon them. Crazy!

Omg wow that's crazy. I wish it was like that up here lol

Napalm90

Sore thumb is the beach off of ocean parkway and is very nice. The pictures are of democrat point which is at Robert Moses beach. If you want exact directions shoot me a pm and ill let you know how to get there

I know where that is, Robert Moses was closed for awhile after sandy, I think they just opened up the bridge to get over there recently, didn't see the road block anymore, maybe one day soon I'll head over. I am itching for a striper dinner.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Drayko88

Soft top

First time switching from the hard top to soft top last year. If we didn't have cold snowy winters in New York id never switch back : )

013.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

Drayko88

Rausch Creek

First time at Rausch Creek June of 2012. Rausch is a huge offroad park in Pennsylvania with many varying trail levels from beginner to full blown buggy rock crawler. I have been back a several times since and it has become my favorite place to wheel

these pictures are from a 101 course that the park provides to let you get a feel for your stock or modified jeep and gives you plenty of tips for a starting offroader. well worth the time and money spent.

stuffing those stock wheels lol
Rausch Creek 6-17-12 (6).jpg

the view inside the jeep on that same hill
Rausch Creek 6-17-12 (20).jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Tip top is a fun hill climb and decent. It's cool watching the hill assist do all the work for you too

Sent from my iPhone

Drayko88

Steps

next i picked up a set of side steps from smittybuilt, i probably should have washed the jeep before i put these on, but that would have made too much sense : )

014.JPG

013.JPG

012.JPG

Drayko88

Deck cover

i decided to grab this bestop deck cover that goes with their bikini top system to put on when i have the top fully down. it works great to keep all my stuff in the trunk and keep it from prying eyes. I also think it gives it a more finished look. eventually I would like to invest in the tuffy security trunk cover

023.JPG

024.JPG

025.JPG

026.JPG

Drayko88

Tip top is a fun hill climb and decent. It's cool watching the hill assist do all the work for you too

Sent from my iPhone

yea it was alot of fun. i couldnt believe how well the hill assist did too. its quite deceptive when your at the top, it looks like a 90 degree drop lol

Drayko88

Fiance's jeep

after she fell in love with my jeep, last november we decided to get my fiance her own. this is her 2013 rubi. ill let her go more into detail when she does her own build thread

115.JPG

Drayko88

Rocks

so after having to replace my windshield twice in one year i decided to put something between my windshield and the rocks. so i got a bug deflector (on a side not, drilling into my hood was quite nerve racking, but all went well)

017.JPG

018.JPG

Top Bottom