Annual Black Bear Backwards Run

RipcurlJay

I heard tonight that the Black Bear Backwards trip was being planned and they were taking registrations. They decided to move it this year from the same weekend as the FJ cruiser event in Ouray to the following weekend. The first weekend in August. If anyone is interested they should keep an eye open on the local clubs in the area as it is hosted by them.

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

This post and thread will go very bad for you. You probably should have read the rules before you posted.

RipcurlJay

I'm not representing anyone. I am just trying to inform anyone that is interested about this event. The plans are in motion is all. I have read the rules and do not represent any company of any kind. This is not a non profit or a for profit. If it is not wanted I would be more than happy to delete the post. I thought people would want to know about this event because it is the only time all year that the Black Bear trail can be legally driven backwards. It is one of the most exciting trail rides in Colorado.

RipcurlJay

Way to use your very first post to pimp your club. :thumb:

Not trying to pimp my club in any way. You don't have to be a member to go on this trail ride. It use to be hosted by the Telluride Rotary Club, but was given to us to host a few years ago. It is open to anyone that has a vehicle that can make the ride up the trail.

Not trying to pimp my club in any way. You don't have to be a member to go on this trail ride. It use to be hosted by the Telluride Rotary Club, but was given to us to host a few years ago. It is open to anyone that has a vehicle that can make the ride up the trail.

You clearly didn't read the rules.
"Can I use this forum to promote an event, cause or agenda?
If your only purpose for being on WAYALIFE.com is to promote an agenda, ANY agenda, your membership here will no longer be welcome and your account will be suspended."

RipcurlJay

I changed it now. I hope this is better. It really was not my intention to promote anything other than this run. I was just trying to give as much info as I had on the event. Yes there is a registration fee because in order to have this ride they have to purchase insurance and purchase a license from the forest service.

RipcurlJay

You clearly didn't read the rules.
"Can I use this forum to promote an event, cause or agenda?
If your only purpose for being on WAYALIFE.com is to promote an agenda, ANY agenda, your membership here will no longer be welcome and your account will be suspended."

This is not my only reason for being on this site. If you look I registered on here last year. I have made other posts on here before, but very few. Not sure why they are not showing up. Maybe the thread was deleted. I monitor most of what's happing through Facebook and twitter. It's very nice of you all to be so hostile and threatening to someone that doesn't post here much and is trying to be in the your community. Especially someone that is trying to get you "Jeep Enthusiasts" some information about one of the most popular rides in one of the most sought after areas for Jeeping in the world. This ride fills up every year super fast. I just thought it would be a good idea to try to get other people the chance to get in on it. Being that this group and Eddie is all about Jeep, this is something even people in the local area try to jump on super fast. I wanted more people in my Jeep loving community to get first dibs. There was a Subaru club that tried to fill up an entire ride, but they were told no. I have gotten a few friends into this group, some of which that have become popular members. I'm usually not one for posting much or adding to many photos. I read a lot and look for information.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Relax Francis. A lot of people pull the drive-by post just to get a benefit for their own club. Members are just looking out for something in which they have a vested interest.

Don't act like a telemarketer and you won't get treated like one...and follow the rules, they aren't that difficult to understand.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is not my only reason for being on this site. If you look I registered on here last year. I have made other posts on here before, but very few. Not sure why they are not showing up. Maybe the thread was deleted.

Ummm, "maybe the thread was deleted?" What thread? I just looked and see you have 5 posts to your name and all of them on here on this thread. IF you had any other posts, I would be able to see them even if they were deleted. Guess what - there aren't any. :naw:

As Sharkey said, don't act like a telemarketer and you won't get treated like one.

Have a good evening.

RipcurlJay

Relax Francis. A lot of people pull the drive-by post just to get a benefit for their own club. Members are just looking out for something in which they have a vested interest.

Don't act like a telemarketer and you won't get treated like one...and follow the rules, they aren't that difficult to understand.

I wasn't trying to sound like a telemarketer in anyway. I am a disabled veteran that likes to Jeep and I keep things to the point. I was trying to get as much info as I could out to people if they were interested. I would have been more than happy to accept constructive criticism and fix it in any way. This is part of what is wrong with the world. Instead of constructively pointing it out so I could fix it, I was attacked. And I'm sorry if it seemed that my only reason for being on here was to promote an event, but any observer would have noticed that I joined in May of last year. So I didn't just now join to promote my club or this even. I spend my entire summer jeeping in the mountains. I live in the Jeep capital of the world and I enjoy every minute of it that I can. I was very excited about this event as its something that people from all over the country look forward to every year. I wanted to share it with this community as soon as I could. I wanted you guys to get first dibs at this as it hasn't been advertised at all yet. I really apologize if it seemed that I was trying to recruit for my club or advertise for this event. Honestly my intention was only to get the information out so this Jeep community had a chance to get involved.

RipcurlJay

Ummm, "maybe the thread was deleted?" What thread? I just looked and see you have 5 posts to your name and all of them on here on this thread. IF you had any other posts, I would be able to see them even if they were deleted. Guess what - there aren't any. :naw:

As Sharkey said, don't act like a telemarketer and you won't get treated like one.

Have a good evening.

I replied last year about the accident on Black Bear and posted the same picture you have on your facebook about the Jeep rolling over. I posted a link to the news article with the picture. I also replied to the posts about your California Trail ride. I was coming back from my friends wedding in OR and passed you guys while you were filling up. I was on I-80 in NV and just noticed as I was on the overpass heading East. It was a gas station on the south side of the interstate. I don't remember exactly what all I said in the post as it was last year. But I was sorry I missed you guys and wished you well on the rest of your trek.

RipcurlJay

I'm curious to know who these "popular" members are and how you single handedly gotten them into this group, having a whole 5 posts and all.

I have real jeep friends in real jeep life. I turned them on to the community. Not through the community. I have a lot of respect for the founder and his projects. That has nothing to do with posting in this forum. I actually do read the articles and how too's, watch the videos and look at Eddie's pictures. As I said before.

Rccrwlr

I heard tonight that the Black Bear Backwards trip was being planned and they were taking registrations. They decided to move it this year from the same weekend as the FJ cruiser event in Ouray to the following weekend. The first weekend in August. If anyone is interested they should keep an eye open on the local clubs in the area as it is hosted by them.

so now this is a great first post. Letting everyone know that there is a cool event and to take a look. Without posting email addresses, club names and links to other sites. Wasn't trying to be a dweeb about it just that if we all are following the rules and someone drops by to promote a cause (or to just let everyone know) with redirection and the likes it makes it hard to not think you are trying to promote.

Anyway if anyone wants to see the actual first post i have it. I'm sure the mods can see the pre edited version if it needs to be added back for meltdown proof.

BTW - Welcome to Wayalife. you should go over to the "give us a wave" section and introduce your self to the forum. Sounds like you may have a lot to offer the community if you live in your Jeep all summer.

Top Bottom