another possible drive line vibe question

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Quick question.... trying to make my driveshaft angles as perfect as possible and my front is 0.4* different than pinion and the rear is 0.6* different than pinion. I imagine that's about as perfect as I can get it but is it worth trying 1 more turn on the control arms to get it closer to 0?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

IIRC, JE REEL recommends setting the pinion 1° off from the shaft at the yoke. So I think 0.6° should be fine? If you have the ability though, mine is at 1° with the factory 44 rear axle, and I haven't had a single problem when everything is balanced correctly.

As for the front, unless you are running additional castor built into the axle, I would prioritize caster angle over pinion angle, and work your way backwards if you get vibrations in the front. :twocents: Again, on my PR44 Unlimited, I think I ended with caster around 6.5°, and pinion around 3.5°, I didn't even check the angle between the pinion and driveline.

I have new lug nuts coming on Wednesday so maybe when I take the rear tires off again to put thos in I'll give them another half turn out but I'm satisfied with the way it is now. Set 67 on the cruise control and don't feel anything so I'll take it. Its only when I get to 70 I can still get a very faint hum

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glad to hear you are at least getting somewhere. :thumb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom