Anybody here when evo bolt-on coilovers coming out

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Is there something about this kit that requires the 3.75" or less backspacing? I'm just curious because 4.5" or less seems to be the norm with many lifts.

Vudoo1

Is there something about this kit that requires the 3.75" or less backspacing? I'm just curious because 4.5" or less seems to be the norm with many lifts.

I have no idea but from what Eddie posted

Notes:

• Recommended wheel backspacing 3.75” or less (smaller backspacing #)
• 2-Door JK: Front and Rear Aftermarket Driveshaft Required
• 4-Door JK: Front Aftermarket Driveshaft Required, Rear Recommended

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

you need the extra space to help clear the front coil over tower at a full flex. the amount of stuff you get with this kit is significant and a set of 12.50 wide tire or wider will rub them with anything more than 3.75". we are running atx slabs and they have 3.5" of back spacing and so we clear without any problems.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^^ Good to know, thanks! Now I don't have to feel bad about selling my brand new wheels with my Jeep. I was actually thinking of maybe saving them but now I won't.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^^ Mickey Thompson Classic Locks in Black. I'll snap a quick pic.

I also finally replaced my broken windshield after three years.

Attachments

• image-2752530094.jpg
    image-2752530094.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

mrmike

So to be clear, is it only the front that has a the clearance issue with the backspacing? I have new wheels with 4.75 (per the Method Wheel website). Only 3k miles on them so would hate to have to sell.

If so I could do the rear kit only for now. That seems to be what rides bad. My front works ok.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So to be clear, is it only the front that has a the clearance issue with the backspacing? I have new wheels with 4.75 (per the Method Wheel website). Only 3k miles on them so would hate to have to sell.

If so I could do the rear kit only for now. That seems to be what rides bad. My front works ok.

yes, the clearance issue is only with the front.

Kit looks awesome and after all of the pictures of RubiCAT, I think I've finally settled on a setup! :rock:

It looks like in the picture on EVO's website that the rear trackbar bracket is included with the rear kit... Can Eddie confirm? The kit looks much more complete than I expected (brackets and coilovers only)... Thanks EVO! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Ordered them up. Looks like I am gonna need to add spacers as my Pintlers are 4.75" backspacing. Anyone know if there are any issues with running spacers with the heavy Toyo 37s as that is what I am going to go to.
:thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Kit looks awesome and after all of the pictures of RubiCAT, I think I've finally settled on a setup! :rock:

It looks like in the picture on EVO's website that the rear trackbar bracket is included with the rear kit... Can Eddie confirm? The kit looks much more complete than I expected (brackets and coilovers only)... Thanks EVO! :thumb:

i wasn't sure what all would come with the kits but, by the look of the press release, yes, it does come with one. i will try to confirm as much tomorrow.

Ordered them up. Looks like I am gonna need to add spacers as my Pintlers are 4.75" backspacing. Anyone know if there are any issues with running spacers with the heavy Toyo 37s as that is what I am going to go to.
:thinking:

you should be fine. i've run walkers with 1.5" spidertrax spacers and never had any problems.

hydroslyder

I'd be very interested to find out if there is a base kit Evo would offer that would take you from a stock unlifted JK to their bolt on coil over configuration. Control arms etc.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
hydroslyder said:
I'd be very interested to find out if there is a base kit Evo would offer that would take you from a stock unlifted JK to their bolt on coil over configuration. Control arms etc.

Combine the kit with the Enforcer kit (plus draglink flip, minus shocks) and you pretty much have a sweet base level coilover kit.

I'm in a similar situation to you and given that this bolt-on kit comes with all of the basics (e.g. Sway Bar End Links, Brake Line Extensions, etc), here's what I'm planning to do...

-EVO Bolt-On Coilover Kit
-EVO Adventure Front Lower Control Arms (Short Arms)
-EVO Drag Link Flip Kit
-Front Drive Shaft

From the sounds of it, these items are the necessities... :twocents:

I just wish I had the money now... :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Combine the kit with the Enforcer kit (plus draglink flip, minus shocks) and you pretty much have a sweet base level coilover kit.

yup, that would be a great setup. :yup:

I'm in a similar situation to you and given that this bolt-on kit comes with all of the basics (e.g. Sway Bar End Links, Brake Line Extensions, etc), here's what I'm planning to do...

-EVO Bolt-On Coilover Kit
-EVO Adventure Front Lower Control Arms (Short Arms)
-EVO Drag Link Flip Kit
-Front Drive Shaft

From the sounds of it, these items are the necessities... :twocents:

I just wish I had the money now... :thinking:

yup, that'll get you to where you really want to be in order to run this setup. :yup:

Prime8

Sharkey said:

That will work. If you want long arms, get the Double D kit.

jktubby

time to pull out one of the federal loans for school next semester. :thumb: Money is going towards the transportation to school :clap2:

Top Bottom