Anybody here when evo bolt-on coilovers coming out

JK1

Long arm... Short arm.. what are the advantages of the long arm.... is it worth the $2000 price difference???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Long arm... Short arm.. what are the advantages of the long arm.... is it worth the $2000 price difference???

when lifted about 4" or taller, your suspension geometry will be off enough that it'll degrade your ride quality. for most people, it's not enough to notice or matter but, it's there. long arms physically relocate your control arm mounting points on your frame so that you can run longer arms and this will correct your suspension geometry. this will improve your ride and will be most noticiable on pavement.

Serg5000

Finally the kit is on sale. The things that have me in pause is the need for drive shafts and the wheel spacing. I have enough for the lift but not for the additional items suggested to complete it. I really need to give it some serious thought. Time to crunch the numbers.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'd also plan on new brake lines. I know it comes with extension brackets, but I found them to be awkward at best.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
So my secret plan is to take my lift on my Jeep and talk my wife into putting it on her Jeep (along with my tires and wheels and Dana's) and then order the coil overs with long arms, ATX beadlocks, 42's, and D60's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I havent even installed my enforcer kit and I already want to upgrade to the bolt-ons.

well, the beauty of what you have is that you can sell it when you are ready to upgrade and still get good money out of it :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Torqt JK said:
I havent even installed my enforcer kit and I already want to upgrade to the bolt-ons.

It feels a little like chasing an apple product. I'm guessing you'll be happy with what you bought.

Top Bottom