Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

mauijim

I put the wrong date, ordered mine jan 28th. But i ordered with the trail rack and the jerry can holders so i think it may take a bit longer.

Ya I did too, they gave me 2 different tracking numbers but both have the same shipping date which is supposed to be tomorrow. So I hope they do, can't wait to get it mounted.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Ya I did too, they gave me 2 different tracking numbers but both have the same shipping date which is supposed to be tomorrow. So I hope they do, can't wait to get it mounted.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I put the wrong date, ordered mine jan 28th. But i ordered with the trail rack and the jerry can holders so i think it may take a bit longer.
Where are you ordering from such that you get a tracking number?

GraniteCrystal

Going with 1/2". Watching more of the video, looks like the long bolts go through there and looks like they'll hurt fit.

Video screenshot:
Screenshot_20170218-114931.png

Bolt with 1/2" drill bit:
IMG_20170218_115200.jpg

GraniteCrystal

Follow up: while a 1/2" drill bit is big enough for the bolt, it isn't big enough for the bolt to go through once the bumper is on because it has to go through at an angle, at least on the shorty.

Profile view showing it can't go straight in.
IMG_20170218_143937.jpg

The problem is that they only say to go down 3/8" to center of hole so if I open it up more, I'm getting close to breaking into the hole above.

GraniteCrystal

Something seems off here. The washers are too big to lie flat next to each other.

If flat and touching like this:
IMG_20170218_145015.jpg

Then the holes aren't concentric:
IMG_20170218_145002.jpg

Which leads to this when put on frame:
IMG_20170218_145645.jpg

Rubicon310

IMG_8611.jpg

Mine are the exact same way. The washers are forced to overlap each other.

In regards to your other piece, mine were not like the picture you posted. Mine are drilled straight through.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Here is the solution I'm going with. Dremel the edge of washers so they lie flat and insert bottom bolt from opposite side so it fits through 1/2" hole.

This illustrates it on the passenger side:
IMG_20170218_151353.jpg

Top Bottom