Anyone regret going to 37s?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Im thinkin itll be a bit too much tire. My bump extensions are 2.75" probably better stick with somethin a tad smaller than 37.

There's nothing wrong with 35" tires to be honest. That is a good size tire for a jeep. On and off road. The jump to 37" tires gets a little pricey to do it right. I plan on putting 35" on our other jeep.

View attachment 121506

2.5 inch coil lift with 35x12.50s on a factory rim with 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I had to pull the factory Rubicon rail and sell it, could have cut it down but I sold them to my boss and ordered the EVO rock rails and EVO rocker guards when Northridge had them on a deal around Christmas. I feel like it isn't enough lift in the rear. I may add some coil spacers for now. I was having the 35s vs. 37s debate and decided on the 35s for now. Glad I did due to the lift. I will eventually go to 37s and a different lift, already want to LOL. It will have to wait.

Dont know if youve thought about it but, for the time being cutting your fenders would add a ton of room for the 35s. just a thought. I feel like it makes it look like it sits higher too.

JagJeeper

Nice Jeep. Just ordered all the stuff for my build ($$$$). Not enough to get new fenders too. Cutting them sounds like a great idea.

Attachments

• 1422543338787.jpg
    1422543338787.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 465

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with 35" tires to be honest. That is a good size tire for a jeep. On and off road. The jump to 37" tires gets a little pricey to do it right. I plan on putting 35" on our other jeep.

Couldn't agree more. I still say that 2.5"-3" of lift and 35" tires are the perfect setup for most people and one that will get them through most trails including the Rubicon. If I were working on a budget, it's what I would run and not give it a second thought.

Couldn't agree more. I still say that 2.5"-3" of lift and 35" tires are the perfect setup for most people and one that will get them through most trails including the Rubicon. If I were working on a budget, it's what I would run and not give it a second thought.

Thats good to hear from some seasoned wheelers. Definately a budget so thatll be my route.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thats good to hear from some seasoned wheelers. Definately a budget so thatll be my route.

I know it's hard to believe for many but, I've run that exact setup on both Moby and Nemo and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Sure, running 37's or even 40's is fun but, far from needed to have a good time.

JDDK

Also relieved to hear this. Just picked up a decent used set of 35s. The jump to bigger is well beyond my budget for the next15 yrs...kids;)

AncientTrail

I REALLY agree with this. TBH the move to 37s took a lot of fun OUT of my local trails.

I agree!

I still run with 35's for that exact reason. I like to challenge myself. You just take a different line if necessary. Who cares :D

What I did was wheel the way I wanted to and as I progressed and found the weak point or limiting part of my jeep, I replaced it. Why add something you may never use or need?

Good Luck :beer:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Dont know if youve thought about it but, for the time being cutting your fenders would add a ton of room for the 35s. just a thought. I feel like it makes it look like it sits higher too.

Ive thought about cutting the fenders but I also like the look of the fender per say. I keep throwing the idea around about cutting them. Ive seen some people who cut theirs but leave about an inch or so on the part that turns down and I kind of like that idea also. I'm gonna have to get some tape and play with some lines some time until I find something I like.

Another worry is that once I cut them I will feel like now I have more room and make me want to make the jump to 37s sooner. LOL. Im also trying to "plan for the future" and I am thinking about either getting the 4 inch enforcer or the EVO 4 inch long arm kit with plush ride springs (or something around that, would call and talk to EVO probably before pulling the trigger) and staying on 35s for now. The lift would help clear the 37s in the future and with un cut fenders I don't believe it would look too bad on just 35s for now. However that's probably still down the road some.

CJW

Im running 3" bump extensions because they sent me the taller ones so that may help out a bit. Its obviously not a cheap jump so im trying to sift through what i NEED vs what i WANT....so what about wheel width? i know manufacturers have recommendations, but ive also read on here that a narrower wheel will keep a bead better when aired down. So does/has anybody run 37x12.50 on a factory 17x7.5 wheel? I like the wheels so ive just been running 1.5" spacers.

May be a bit late for this reply but this is what I'm running; 37 x 12.5 nitto TGs on factory wheels with 1.5 inch spacers. No problems at all.

Toddjohnson

No regrets at all going to 37s.. I do use my JK as a daily drive to a point.. but with 5.13 gears it does great and i get more clearance on the trail and a great look. But for me the 37s are just a resting point until i get bigger axles and 40s. I'm running Pro Comp 37s, not as loud as you would think, the only down fall i have found on running them on the road is tire wear.....

JeepAholic

No regrets at all going to 37s.. I do use my JK as a daily drive to a point.. but with 5.13 gears it does great and i get more clearance on the trail and a great look. But for me the 37s are just a resting point until i get bigger axles and 40s. I'm running Pro Comp 37s, not as loud as you would think, the only down fall i have found on running them on the road is tire wear.....
I have pro comps also they are pretty soft and do wear fast on asphalt.

Sent from my KFSAWI using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

Looking for a little feedback from folks who have moved up to 37s from 35s.

I am currently running 35" BFG KM2s on AEV Pintlers. It took a few trips to America's Tire to get them riding smooth, but now they ride great.

That said, I like the thought of jumping up to 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers mounted to Slabs. The upgrade would include Cs to the front axle and a re-gear (currently stock Rubicon axles front and rear)

How does the 37 Nitto ride on the highway? My Jeep will become my daily driver starting this summer and will rack up roughly 10,000mi/yr on the highway back and forth to work.

Any other considerations moving up to 37s? Would hydro assist be necessary or just nice to have?

All input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-ERAU

IMO 37s are the perfect size for a JKU. Jeep will handle well on the road with a good suspension setup and it will wheel like mad on the trail. Suggest 5.13 R&Ps. No experience with Nittos. I've run 37s for about 50k miles and done so with Pro Rock 44 up front and aftermarket chromoly shafts in stock rear housing. Suggest beefing up your front axle. Hydro assist not a must with that size but if you crawl a lot in the rocks I'd add the hydro assist.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

37s are great, but as others have mentioned they're not worth it unless you're prepared to invest in doing it right.

A 35" tire is the threshold for these vehicles in stock form. A bone stock Rubicon only really needs a good suspension upgrade and a set of 35" tires to get everywhere you'd want to go. It's a good balance. With a programmer they do pretty well with stock 4.10 gears. A non Rubicon will handle them fine with some gears, a rear locker and front limited slip (as we just talked about on another thread today) and a little armor.

To wheel on 37s a Rubicon needs gears, axle shafts, and c gussets. We have had good results with sleeves, others don't like them. You'll also needs to cut up the factory fenders pretty well or move on to a high clearance fender. You'll need gears, gears, gears.

37s are great and they make the rough stuff that much easier, but they are a diminished return in comparison to going from a stock 32 to a 35.

hhunter050

IMO 37s are the perfect size for a JKU. Jeep will handle well on the road with a good suspension setup and it will wheel like mad on the trail. Suggest 5.13 R&Ps. No experience with Nittos. I've run 37s for about 50k miles and done so with Pro Rock 44 up front and aftermarket chromoly shafts in stock rear housing. Suggest beefing up your front axle. Hydro assist not a must with that size but if you crawl a lot in the rocks I'd add the hydro assist.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Did you break any rear shafts before getting chromos?

Sent from my SM-G935T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom