Anyone regret going to 37s?

Got it, tire size. I would spend the money on what you really want. Tires are a big purchase

Agreed. Biggers is what i want, but if 37s wont work with current lift, itll just have to wait.

So 37s with 2.5" lift is what your trying to do? Based on folks who have posted (not my set up) 37s with 3" of lift bottoms out a bit when loaded and driving off-road.

Can it be done with your current set up... Maybe add 3/4 or 1" spacers to your current set up??? This is just a wild guess if your stuck with the 2.5 for a bit.

Hopefully others will chime in with options/recommendations.

Yea im going to run it until i have some reason not to. Buying a whole new lift to get +/- .5 inches is just something i dont want to do until i have to. Looks by manufacturer specs that a 315/70 falls inbetween a 295/70 and a 37 pretty nicely. Thoughts?

jknikos

Medixjk i can get what you mean when you say 35 or 37? The advertised size or the actual size? Cause 315/70 17 for example is an advertised 35tire. :D

Medixjk i can get what you mean when you say 35 or 37? The advertised size or the actual size? Cause 315/70 17 for example is an advertised 35tire. :D

Yup i know. And i dont want to start a standard vs metric tire debate. Weve all been down that road already. Reading factory specs shows 315/70s to measure about the same as a 35x12.50. cant decide if going to a tire like that is a big enough jump to be worth it.

jknikos

Yup i know. And i dont want to start a standard vs metric tire debate. Weve all been down that road already. Reading factory specs shows 315/70s to measure about the same as a 35x12.50. cant decide if going to a tire like that is a big enough jump to be worth it.
With 2.5inches of lift and fenders i would go with a 315/70 17 or 315/75 16 tire. Which practically is a 35x12.5 tire.

With 2.5inches of lift and fenders i would go with a 315/70 17 or 315/75 16 tire. Which practically is a 35x12.5 tire.

Im thinkin that may best suit me at this point. And thanks everybody for the input. Talking tire sizes makes me want to binge drink. I wish you could just pull up and tell them to try several on like a shoe store.

Flat Top

I recently went from 35's on stock wheels to 37" Nittos on ATX Slabs and could not be happier with my DD (2013 JKU Rubi w/ 4.10) . The Houston area is flat so the gears are manageable for now.

The only surprise for me was just how much HEAVIER this combo is. Getting the spare lifted on the tire carrier is a nut buster :icon_crazy::icon_crazy: and mounting takes some very specific jack height control.

I recently went from 35's on stock wheels to 37" Nittos on ATX Slabs and could not be happier with my DD (2013 JKU Rubi w/ 4.10) . The Houston area is flat so the gears are manageable for now.

The only surprise for me was just how much HEAVIER this combo is. Getting the spare lifted on the tire carrier is a nut buster :icon_crazy::icon_crazy: and mounting takes some very specific jack height control.

What 35s were your running w the stock wheels? Howd that go?

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Agreed. Biggers is what i want, but if 37s wont work with current lift, itll just have to wait.

Yea im going to run it until i have some reason not to. Buying a whole new lift to get +/- .5 inches is just something i dont want to do until i have to. Looks by manufacturer specs that a 315/70 falls inbetween a 295/70 and a 37 pretty nicely. Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422320406.566328.jpg
I think you can add these spacers to your lift and you have to height you want. They are in the quadratec catalog.

gleno99

Im thinkin that may best suit me at this point. And thanks everybody for the input. Talking tire sizes makes me want to binge drink. I wish you could just pull up and tell them to try several on like a shoe store.

A little while back, I was buying tires for another truck I have. I wanted to try a couple of sizes and tires. Discount tire had no issues mounting a few up. Then ordered a different one I wanted to try out. They were great.

A little while back, I was buying tires for another truck I have. I wanted to try a couple of sizes and tires. Discount tire had no issues mounting a few up. Then ordered a different one I wanted to try out. They were great.

Oh nice. Thats great to know. I wish there was one around here. Im stuck got local shops or tire discounters.

gleno99

Oh nice. Thats great to know. I wish there was one around here. Im stuck got local shops or tire discounters.

Sorry. Here in Texas, they're about every 5 miles. So I don't think about not having one around. I would be pissed if they left or closed. I haven't bought tires from anyone else in 20 years.

Flat Top

What 35s were your running w the stock wheels? Howd that go?

I ran Mickey Thompson ATZ's (35s) for 3-4 years between my 09 (JKU 3.73 Auto) and 13 Rubi on stock Moabs from the 09 with 1.5" wheel spacers and got close to 60,000 miles out of the set. Great road tire with medium off-road use. Very quite tires (main concern at first) on the road but got very difficult to keep balanced in the last year of use.

The Trail Grapplers really aren't that much louder on the road.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So 37s with 2.5" lift is what your trying to do? Based on folks who have posted (not my set up) 37s with 3" of lift bottoms out a bit when loaded and driving off-road.

Can it be done with your current set up... Maybe add 3/4 or 1" spacers to your current set up??? This is just a wild guess if your stuck with the 2.5 for a bit.

Hopefully others will chime in with options/recommendations.

So let's say based off the factory suspension, the distance between the bump stop and frame is a certain measurement. Now add 3" coils and 3" bump stops, everything should be equal. You would have the same distance between the new bump stop and frame. Correct?
Different jeep, you add 4" coil and 4" bump stops, the distance between the bump stops would still be equal to a factory jeep. Going taller doesn't mean you won't bottom out unless you run smaller bump stops. Then you run the risk of your coils going solid. The loading up a jeep and getting "sag" is just how coils work, If a fellow ran "stiffer" coils in the rear would be the one way to handle "bottoming out". But unless you carry gear everyday, it would be a stiff ride and maybe some rake.
The best way I should say is coil over shocks to handle a heavy load. Just my opinion.

So let's say based off the factory suspension, the distance between the bump stop and frame is a certain measurement. Now add 3" coils and 3" bump stops, everything should be equal. You would have the same distance between the new bump stop and frame. Correct?
Different jeep, you add 4" coil and 4" bump stops, the distance between the bump stops would still be equal to a factory jeep. Going taller doesn't mean you won't bottom out unless you run smaller bump stops. Then you run the risk of your coils going solid. The loading up a jeep and getting "sag" is just how coils work, If a fellow ran "stiffer" coils in the rear would be the one way to handle "bottoming out". But unless you carry gear everyday, it would be a stiff ride and maybe some rake.
The best way I should say is coil over shocks to handle a heavy load. Just my opinion.

here is a pic of max up travel in rear and front, with current bump stops and 295/70s. Maybe this will help you all answer my "will a 37 fit?" question.

Attachments

• 1422406203958.jpg
    1422406203958.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 334
  • 1422406243678.jpg
    1422406243678.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 329

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Your bump stop size will determine if you rub, 3" bump stop and 37" tires require some trimming in front and back. I think he said he had less than that.

Your bump stop size will determine if you rub, 3" bump stop and 37" tires require some trimming in front and back. I think he said he had less than that.

Im thinkin itll be a bit too much tire. My bump extensions are 2.75" probably better stick with somethin a tad smaller than 37.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
white jeep 12.jpg

2.5 inch coil lift with 35x12.50s on a factory rim with 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I had to pull the factory Rubicon rail and sell it, could have cut it down but I sold them to my boss and ordered the EVO rock rails and EVO rocker guards when Northridge had them on a deal around Christmas. I feel like it isn't enough lift in the rear. I may add some coil spacers for now. I was having the 35s vs. 37s debate and decided on the 35s for now. Glad I did due to the lift. I will eventually go to 37s and a different lift, already want to LOL. It will have to wait though.

image.jpg

Course this also stays in the back and its full of stuff. So that could also be the issue. I don't need to carry everything all of the time but there has been a lot of instances that it was a good thing I do always carry it. I do however need to pull everything out of it and see what I don't need in there as its been in several vehicles with the same stuff pretty much. So some of the tools wouldn't even work for the jeep. Just been lazy I guess.

Top Bottom