Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If a person has health issues, as listed previously, they should take self-preservation steps, on their own. Stay home, wear a mask, social distance,...whatever.
I did not cause them to get fat, or smoke, or get high blood pressure, so dont ask me to give up my freedom to protect them.

Exactly! Only, nobody is "asking" us to give up our freedom to protect them, they're "DEMANDING" it.

Brute

Hooked
90% had underlying issues. They were going to die anyway. 10 percent of rona deaths are from rona.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

While many of them did have underlying health issues, and most likely were on a short leash life expectancy-wise, I don't believe most of them would have died anyway the last couple months. Many of them would have enjoyed more quality time with their loved ones and friends, some of them years...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
While many of them did have underlying health issues, and most likely were on a short leash life expectancy-wise, I don't believe most of them would have died anyway the last couple months. Many of them would have enjoyed more quality time with their loved ones and friends, some of them years...

That’s an assumption. What is fact is that they had underlying conditions. I could die tomorrow. I’m sure I would love to live and be healthy for a few hundred years, reality is, that won’t happen.

Brute

Hooked
Funny you should mention Karen.
Me and the family went to the Drive in last night. They're not allowing every spot full. Every other spot is in use. We flowed this. As soon as we opened our doors the people next to us were whining about social distancing. We didnt even get within 12 feet of them. They went up to complain. The bitch didnt get the support she was looking for so came back and packed up her kids to leave. Her husband said " really karen"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man, I haven't been to a drive in to see a movie in 30 years...they shut down the only two in Hawaii a long time ago....I miss them; we used to hang out in back so we could bust out our grills...

jdofmemi

Funny you should mention Karen.
Me and the family went to the Drive in last night. They're not allowing every spot full. Every other spot is in use. We flowed this. As soon as we opened our doors the people next to us were whining about social distancing. We didnt even get within 12 feet of them. They went up to complain. The bitch didnt get the support she was looking for so came back and packed up her kids to leave. Her husband said " really karen"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app
That was funny.
If she was that afraid, I'm surprised she ventured out of the "safety" of her house.
Someone should buy her a case of bubble wrap🤣

You are right in one respect...not all states consider not wearing a seat belt a primary enforcement law, where you could get pulled over just for not wearing one...some states to this day enforce it as a secondary enforcement, where you can get fined in addition to the main reason (speeding, brake light out etc) you were pulled over. But it is on the books in all 50 states as a fineable offense...and one could argue that ALL laws are a choice...you can choose not to abide by any law. The reason I chose the seat belt law was a reference to many here that believe wearing a mask is an infringement on their rights...I used to feel the exact same way about the seat belt law.

I'll never forget the last time I rode in a car with my step dad in Honolulu many years ago...he was pulled over for not wearing a seat belt. After the officer gave him his ticket, he crumpled it up and threw it at his feet. He told him "I'm 83 years old and I will die before I pay this...I don't believe in wearing a seat belt. The officer's jaw dropped, then he wrote him a ticket for littering, which was five times the amount of not wearing a seat belt in Hawaii. He didn't pay that one either...he died the following year of a heart attack.
You have to admire him for standing up for his principles.

Brute

Hooked
That’s an assumption. What is fact is that they had underlying conditions. I could die tomorrow. I’m sure I would love to live and be healthy for a few hundred years, reality is, that won’t happen.

Yes, it is an assumption...and I think a reasonable one. I hope you live a long and prosperous life, but if you keep stuffing meat with mac and cheese, well...that might be considered an underlying condition...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That was funny.
If she was that afraid, I'm surprised she ventured out of the "safety" of her house.
Someone should buy her a case of bubble wrap🤣

You have to admire him for standing up for his principles.

She left the house so she could tell everyone that she is afraid of the rona. Same as crossfitters and vegans.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You are right in one respect...not all states consider not wearing a seat belt a primary enforcement law, where you could get pulled over just for not wearing one...some states to this day enforce it as a secondary enforcement, where you can get fined in addition to the main reason (speeding, brake light out etc) you were pulled over. But it is on the books in all 50 states as a fineable offense...and one could argue that ALL laws are a choice...you can choose not to abide by any law. The reason I chose the seat belt law was a reference to many here that believe wearing a mask is an infringement on their rights...I used to feel the exact same way about the seat belt law.

This is why I also noted helmets. It is NOT a law in every state to wear one and just as deadly if not more so to not wear one while riding a motorcycle. But again, the person who would get hurt or die by not wearing a seat belt or helmet is YOU. The mask propaganda is being sold as, it'll save "others" and that you suck if you don't care about your fellow citizens. And, this is why I brought up smoking. It is NOT against the law to smoke in businesses in a lot of states and this in spite of the fact that it's a proven fact that smoking causes cancer, heart disease and 2nd hand smoke can even KILL. In those states, the businesses have the FREEDOM to choose how they run their business and AMERICANS have the FREEDOM to choose whether or not to patronize those businesses.

I'll never forget the last time I rode in a car with my step dad in Honolulu many years ago...he was pulled over for not wearing a seat belt. After the officer gave him his ticket, he crumpled it up and threw it at his feet. He told him "I'm 83 years old and I will die before I pay this...I don't believe in wearing a seat belt. The officer's jaw dropped, then he wrote him a ticket for littering, which was five times the amount of not wearing a seat belt in Hawaii. He didn't pay that one either...he died the following year of a heart attack.

Great story. Although what he did wasn't right, I think I would have liked your dad!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is why I also noted helmets. It is NOT a law in every state to wear one and just as deadly if not more so to not wear one while riding a motorcycle. But again, the person who would get hurt or die by not wearing a seat belt or helmet is YOU. The mask propaganda is being sold as, it'll save "others" and that you suck if you don't care about your fellow citizens. And, this is why I brought up smoking. It is NOT against the law to smoke in businesses in a lot of states and this in spite of the fact that it's a proven fact that smoking causes cancer, heart disease and 2nd hand smoke can even KILL. In those states, the businesses have the FREEDOM to choose how they run their business and AMERICANS have the FREEDOM to choose whether or not to patronize those businesses.

Great story. Although what he did wasn't right, I think I would have liked your dad!

Back home it’s illegal to smoke in bars. There are a lot of bars that still allow smoking. Cops even frequent these bars when off the clock and some during the work shift responding to drunk people. Nothing has ever happened about the smoking. This might sound a little crazy here but the people who don’t like the smoke in the bars, don’t go to those bars!

What a novel idea.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
We (society) make policy decisions constantly about increase death versus increased societal burdens. That was exactly why I posted the question in the Sharkey’s Tip of the Day thread nearly four months ago.

If it was really just about saving lives, cars would be limited to 10 mph, alcohol and tobacco would be illegal, and there would be no fast food joints.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We (society) make policy decisions constantly about increase death versus increased societal burdens. That was exactly why I posted the question in the Sharkey’s Tip of the Day thread nearly four months ago.

If it was really just about saving lives, cars would be limited to 10 mph, alcohol and tobacco would be illegal, and there would be no fast food joints.

Actually, cars, planes and ships would all be illegal too being that they’re killing the planet. Well, illegal for everyone except for those in the ruling class anyway.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Wearing masks as an analogy to smoking is a great one . That’s why most states have passed laws against indoor smoking and why most states are requiring face masks for businesses.

Given 40+% of Americans are considered obese and 40+% have hypertension, the 90% of covid deaths are people who have underlying conditions and would have died anyway argument doesn’t hold much water .

How many of us would that include ?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Wearing masks as an analogy to smoking is a great one . That’s why most states have passed laws against indoor smoking and why most states are requiring face masks for businesses.

Given 40+% of Americans are considered obese and 40+% have hypertension, the 90% of covid deaths are people who have underlying conditions and would have died anyway argument doesn’t hold much water .

How many of us would that include ?

Should we wear masks because of the regular flu that kills roughly 30 - 60k a year in the U.S.? Or is 60k your threshold of allowable death in relation to freedom of choice?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Should we wear masks because of the regular flu that kills roughly 30 - 60k a year in the U.S.? Or is 60k your threshold of allowable death in relation to freedom of choice?

The novel coronavirus isn’t the flu . It doesn’t have a vaccine . I’d guess that there is a large overlap between those that refuse vaccinations and those that don’t understand the need to wear a mask or social distance . Maybe 60k could be a lot lower too if we weren’t in our own way. No other country has these issues .

Arizona (pop 7M) has comparable number of new covid cases as Europe .

TrailHunter

Hooked
....No other country has these issues .

Uhh... No.

“During the winter months, seasonal influenza can infect up to 20% of the population, depending on which viruses are circulating, and can cause substantial mortality. A recent study found that worldwide up to 650 000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal influenza each year, and up to 72 000 of these deaths occur in the WHO European Region.”

WJCO

Meme King
The novel coronavirus isn’t the flu . It doesn’t have a vaccine . I’d guess that there is a large overlap between those that refuse vaccinations and those that don’t understand the need to wear a mask or social distance . Maybe 60k could be a lot lower too if we weren’t in our own way. No other country has these issues .

Arizona (pop 7M) has comparable number of new covid cases as Europe .

I don't know how things work for you guys in Germany, but here in America, we love freedom, we're sick of being told what to do and how to do it, we're sick of watching the entire country suffer because of this governmental over-reach, and we're sick of some of the population in this 'free' country go along with it. Heaven forbid we actually let this virus take it's course and people become immune to it without being slaves to masks and government overreach and all this other bullshit that will cripple us indefinitely. I know it may be tough to turn off the screens that brainwash you, but there are actually people and communities out there that no longer give a fuck about this whole thing and are actually enjoying their lives, disobeying the mask mandates, and watching hummingbirds and flowers and life still goes on, America is still great, and FUCK anyone else that thinks otherwise. Just a thought.

I actually took the courage last night to step out of the house with my kids and NO MASK and NO SOCIAL DISTANCING and catch fireflies. I'm still alive if you can believe that. You should try it. Don't be scared. Get out there and be free. It's a tough first step, but there's a whole world out there once the media is turned OFF.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Uhh... No.

“During the winter months, seasonal influenza can infect up to 20% of the population, depending on which viruses are circulating, and can cause substantial mortality. A recent study found that worldwide up to 650 000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal influenza each year, and up to 72 000 of these deaths occur in the WHO European Region.”

Take my comment on the flu as a frustration to our actions and containment on corona . Honestly on the flu we’re actually ahead in urging broad based vaccinations vs EU which doesn’t have as strong a policy .

I get government encroachment on freedoms but do you support rolling back indoor smoking and seatbelt laws too ? Masks are temporary and I honestly can’t figure out why it is such a big deal to wear one .

To respond to the next comment ... I’m not scared to go out . Not wearing a mask doesn’t make you a patriot . Makes you an asshole .

Adjustments.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom