Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse3638

Hooked
My step son is 18 and a high school senior. Due to the schools being closed for the remainder of the year he is missing out on prom, graduation, and other things associated with his senior year. A local sign shop is selling these for $10 to support local seniors. Proudly displayed in our front yard. 20200410_140729.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

My step son is 18 and a high school senior. Due to the schools being closed for the remainder of the year he is missing out on prom, graduation, and other things associated with his senior year. A local sign shop is selling these for $10 to support local seniors. Proudly displayed in our front yard. View attachment 345123

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
That's cool. Aside from the whole stay home thing, I do feel bad for the seniors this year... My Goddaughter being one of them.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

TrailHunter

Hooked

WJCO

Meme King
Wise move stepping away from the podium for this speech, Mr. Trump. Wise move indeed. Media would have had orgasms.

Untitled.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
^This is the thesis statement of this entire 'crisis.'

Funny how not a goddam dime has been distributed from the programs they so graciously created to help out small businesses.
Neither The EIDL Loan Advance, which was supposed to distribute $15k 3 days after you applied, nor the Paycheck Protection Program has delivered.
As usual, the whole process is a jacked up mess and the banks either have no idea how to distribute the money or the fuckers are trying to figure out how they can
profit from the distribution of this $350 billion that's supposed to be forgiven if you use it to pay employees, rent, healthcare and utilities with it.

WJCO

Meme King
Funny how not a goddam dime has been distributed from the programs they so graciously created to help out small businesses.
Neither The EIDL Loan Advance, which was supposed to distribute $15k 3 days after you applied, nor the Paycheck Protection Program has delivered.
As usual, the whole process is a jacked up mess and the banks either have no idea how to distribute the money or the fuckers are trying to figure out how they can
profit from the distribution of this $350 billion that's supposed to be forgiven if you use it to pay employees, rent, healthcare and utilities with it.

I've had fears about this program from the get go. I truly hope that the people who need the money eventually get it. But it appears that this biggest bailout in history, the American People will get fucked twice.

Ddays

Hooked
I've had fears about this program from the get go. I truly hope that the people who need the money eventually get it. But it appears that this biggest bailout in history, the American People will get fucked twice.

I fear for some it will be too late by the time they get anything. There's gonna be an assload of bankruptcies caused by this. If this forced lockdown lasts into June we're all gonna be fucked.

JKbrick

Right from the get they raised the interest from .05% to 1%

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

I fear for some it will be too late by the time they get anything. There's gonna be an assload of bankruptcies caused by this. If this forced lockdown lasts into June we're all gonna be fucked.

At least some of the banks don't even have the forms available yet to fill out to apply.

This is leaving the door open for many of the predatory lenders, as they are actively trying to get involved in the dealings.

As with most "one size fits all" solutions, it only truly helps certain businesses, while many who need the help the most will be left out due to the limits on qualifying expenses as well as the delays in getting the program rolling.

Many of us will ultimately feel the pain of the situation, and all of us will feel the pain of the "solution" as time goes on.

As with most crisis, those with ample resources and knowledge of how to work the system will benefit at the expense of those who lack in either of those two things.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Anyone self quarantined?

Pretty sure the Kennedy Center got theirs
This isn’t about a virus. Never has been.
EDIT:
Reporting from the frontlines of Cuomo and deblasio.

Anyone else notice the death chart looks just like the global warning chart, or is it just me?
Cuz both fell so alarmingly short. Someone has to get it.

Well wishes to everyone who happened to catch a moderate case of the flu. We shed more rights for this than we did after 9/11.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom