Anything paranormal/abnormal/spiritual/ghosts/bizarre...etc.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Halloween is this week so I thought this thread deserved a bump. :yup:

Anyone got a good story to add?

Why yes it does. No story for me yet. There is something that is paranormal that I have not had a chance to check out yet. A few of my work associates have been there and seen this themselves and have gotten freaked out. It has been on TV and it is The Brown Mountain Lights. I will make a trip up there. Apparently, you can see from a distance these lights that appear above and in the trees. They move around. More prevalant after a rain. Google it, and if anybody has seen it chime in.

Sent from my C771 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Why yes it does. No story for me yet. There is something that is paranormal that I have not had a chance to check out yet. A few of my work associates have been there and seen this themselves and have gotten freaked out. It has been on TV and it is The Brown Mountain Lights. I will make a trip up there. Apparently, you can see from a distance these lights that appear above and in the trees. They move around. More prevalant after a rain. Google it, and if anybody has seen it chime in.

Just watched a movie about this lol, just don't go in any tunnels and carry extra fuel lol.

MTG

Caught the Bug

I've heard about these before. Sounds like a wayalife camping trip is in order? :idontknow:

GCM 2

Halloween is this week so I thought this thread deserved a bump. :yup:

Anyone got a good story to add?

Dang it! I thought Prime8 had bumped this thread.....

I will still wait for someone's story anyway, I always liked halloween :rock:

trailless

Caught the Bug
In college, my friends and I were interested in "urban exploration". We've checked out some of the sites around town, underground and some abandoned buildings. We never really found anything interesting.

Then one night, we decided to check out this old building that hasn't been used since the early 1900s. It was three of us. We didn't know much about it except for the fact it was built before the city raised the street level so there were two ground levels. We circle the building and all the entrances are blocked or fenced off. Towards the rear of the building we found a old sliding door, off its tracks and we got in through there.

We were mainly interested in getting to the top and to the roof. So we spent little time exploring each floor and quickly find the stairs. BTW, I think it needs to be mentioned that this was around midnight and we only had our cell phones for light. So, anyways, we see the typical things such as old furniture, broken glass and some random clothes.

We make it to the top, sixth floor, and we climb this make shift ladder and we're on the roof. We sit down, have a cigerette or two and take in the view. Iit was a dark night. Tbe front of the building had all the city lights and the back there was an old train station. It was a nice view. About 20minutes pass and we decide its time to head down.

On the way down, we explore a bit. We find some interesting stuff. The 6th floor had some bathtubs and old sinks. Not much else. The 5th floor had some flyers for a print shop from the 1940s. We make it down to the fourth floor and on one corner of the floor we find hundreds of shoes. All girl shoes, from heels to slippers to sneakers, but all girl shoes. We just assumed a homeless guy has a shoe fetish.

The third floor, we find find a noose. A legitimate noose but with a twist. It can be raised or lowered. We still don't think much of it until we find a purse, some heels, and a torn black dress. Now about this time we're freaking out and all we want to do is GTFO. so we go searching for the stairs. My friend leads us into a doorway and he just freezes. I bump into him, he's shining his cell phone light. I can see a small room with mattresses, sleeping bags, and a couple of lawn chairs. While we're scanning the room, in the corner, we see him. A older guy, homeless look and the creepiest smile on his face. I have never run faster in my life.

The weird part is, we actually went back a couple months later. It was during the day and we found the shoes but the room the guy was in was completely empty except for a large smiley face above the doorway.

pastorwug

In college, my friends and I were interested in "urban exploration". We've checked out some of the sites around town, underground and some abandoned buildings. We never really found anything interesting.

Then one night, we decided to check out this old building that hasn't been used since the early 1900s. It was three of us. We didn't know much about it except for the fact it was built before the city raised the street level so there were two ground levels. We circle the building and all the entrances are blocked or fenced off. Towards the rear of the building we found a old sliding door, off its tracks and we got in through there.

We were mainly interested in getting to the top and to the roof. So we spent little time exploring each floor and quickly find the stairs. BTW, I think it needs to be mentioned that this was around midnight and we only had our cell phones for light. So, anyways, we see the typical things such as old furniture, broken glass and some random clothes.

We make it to the top, sixth floor, and we climb this make shift ladder and we're on the roof. We sit down, have a cigerette or two and take in the view. Iit was a dark night. Tbe front of the building had all the city lights and the back there was an old train station. It was a nice view. About 20minutes pass and we decide its time to head down.

On the way down, we explore a bit. We find some interesting stuff. The 6th floor had some bathtubs and old sinks. Not much else. The 5th floor had some flyers for a print shop from the 1940s. We make it down to the fourth floor and on one corner of the floor we find hundreds of shoes. All girl shoes, from heels to slippers to sneakers, but all girl shoes. We just assumed a homeless guy has a shoe fetish.

The third floor, we find find a noose. A legitimate noose but with a twist. It can be raised or lowered. We still don't think much of it until we find a purse, some heels, and a torn black dress. Now about this time we're freaking out and all we want to do is GTFO. so we go searching for the stairs. My friend leads us into a doorway and he just freezes. I bump into him, he's shining his cell phone light. I can see a small room with mattresses, sleeping bags, and a couple of lawn chairs. While we're scanning the room, in the corner, we see him. A older guy, homeless look and the creepiest smile on his face. I have never run faster in my life.

The weird part is, we actually went back a couple months later. It was during the day and we found the shoes but the room the guy was in was completely empty except for a large smiley face above the doorway.

Red John? .............

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Apparently there are two ways to get to the Brown Mountain Lights for a great view. One is a trail and the other so I'm told is off the Blue Ridge Parkway. My wife and I have seen some of the creepy places on TV and talked about stayed there for the night. Anybody ever do anything like that?

MTG

Caught the Bug

Great story. Have you done any more research on it?

bigtrucker52

Wow.... Yes I see what your talking about for sure.

Has anyone ever had dreams that at some point a certain part comes true? Like for instance you dream about talking to someone about something. It's vivid, and you don't remember it when you wake but then weeks/months later that conversation occurs, and you get the dejavu feeling, and then realize you dreamed it months ago? It use to happen more often when I was a kid, but it occurs once in a while now. Nothing weird, kinda cool actually.

I get that feeling sometimes too. I dream the same way sometimes

bigtrucker52

Idk what the hell it is, (paranormal, alien abduction, or what) but sometimes I have these weird experiences at night when I'm sleeping. I've talked to my good longtime friend and we're both believers in Christ. But I also strongly believe in the paranormal as well. But anyway my experiences have mostly been at night. I like to keep my room as dark as possible when I sleep which is crucial in the first couple of experiences that I was having. The first couple of experiences were I was just going to bed and closed my eyes and the room was dark but I could tell there was some sort of light on in my room and I never heard the switches move or anything and then I immediately opened my eyes and it was dark. Another experience I had was I think I had a dream that I was having an intelligent conversation with my grandfather in modern day, a few years ago, and he died when I was around 6 or 7 which was 11-12 years ago. And this experience that I'm about to mention is the one I told my buddy about. Recently I have been having these weird, sketchy experiences quite a few times actually. These experiences are that my brain kinda wakes up but my body doesn't. Like I have no idea where I am and my brain is waking up and it's telling my body to move but my body doesn't respond at all. I remember the first time like it was yesterday and it scared the shit out of me because I tried screaming for help but my mouth didn't move. Nothing does whenever it happens. My eyes never open either

bigtrucker52

Oh and when I'm home alone and especially when it's dark outside and the house is completely quiet I feel like I'm being watched and I hear things

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Meant to ask. Was they movie good or straight to netflixs? I' vs just seen the preview.

hmm not sure, I thought parts were dumb but overall it wasn't bad

this is what it was called "alien abduction"

Last edited:

RubyCajun

My husband and I and our two kids had just moved into an older home in New Orleans. One evening during our first week there, I was in my bedroom and saw a dark shadow of a figure pass my doorway and continue down the hall. Spooked, I got up to check on the kids. My five year old was on his bed, eyes wide open. I asked him, "Did you see...?" And before I could finish, he answered, "A dark shadowy man come down the hall?" We wasted no time getting out of there that night to spend the night at grandma's. We never saw the shadow again though.

14blackjk

Idk what the hell it is, (paranormal, alien abduction, or what) but sometimes I have these weird experiences at night when I'm sleeping. I've talked to my good longtime friend and we're both believers in Christ. But I also strongly believe in the paranormal as well. But anyway my experiences have mostly been at night. I like to keep my room as dark as possible when I sleep which is crucial in the first couple of experiences that I was having. The first couple of experiences were I was just going to bed and closed my eyes and the room was dark but I could tell there was some sort of light on in my room and I never heard the switches move or anything and then I immediately opened my eyes and it was dark. Another experience I had was I think I had a dream that I was having an intelligent conversation with my grandfather in modern day, a few years ago, and he died when I was around 6 or 7 which was 11-12 years ago. And this experience that I'm about to mention is the one I told my buddy about. Recently I have been having these weird, sketchy experiences quite a few times actually. These experiences are that my brain kinda wakes up but my body doesn't. Like I have no idea where I am and my brain is waking up and it's telling my body to move but my body doesn't respond at all. I remember the first time like it was yesterday and it scared the shit out of me because I tried screaming for help but my mouth didn't move. Nothing does whenever it happens. My eyes never open either

I'm no doctor in any way but the experience you're having sounds like sleep paralysis. I sometimes get it when I sleep on my back.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

WJCO

Meme King
I didn't even know we had a thread like this here! But I'll share my stories. I've always believed in demons/angels/ghosts/etc but never seen anything with my eyes until about 10 years ago. Moved to a new area and had a family member helping out at a church that had been abandoned and then re-opened. He had tons of stories about weird stuff that had happened since they'd re-opened the church, really weird stuff. I was just starting my business and had a lot of free time so I did a lot of work helping there to get the church running. I can honestly say, that was my first time experiencing the paranormal with normal senses. I have seen the much talked about 'shadow people.' Yes they are real. At first it scared the shit out of me. But literally it began to occur so much, we would just laugh at it if we both saw them at the same time. If you read the Bible, angels come to deliver messages. Well these 'shadow people' don't. They usually scurry away quick-style and just like to mess with you. I think they're some kind of demon personally. Also, in that church, there were many times I would be the only person and hear doors open and close etc. Along with other people's stories of the same thing. One time I was in there praying by myself on a back pew and heard a door open right behind me, didn't see any one visually around me. Then all of a sudden I felt the pew move as if someone sat down next to me and the empty coffee cup on the pew next to me tipped over. Yeah, this shit is real.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm still waiting for one of the estimated 108 billion people who once walked this planet and have since died to come visit me. So far, it hasn't happened. :thinking:

Top Bottom