Arb fridge/ freezer

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Do you always keep it plugged in and running? Was curious as to what the lifespan would be on one of these.

No, I don't. I still have the OEM battery so I don't want to push it too much. Plus, I don't always keep the fridge stocked so there is not a need to keep it on constantly.

That said, during the first few weeks of football season I keep it stocked with water. I plug it into 110 at home and then run the 12 volt during the day and during practice. So far, so good.

Journeyman

I don't keep mine plugged in all the time either. It's quite good at cooling down. It's really inefficient when there's nothing in the fridge. When it's stocked and at temperature the compressor doesn't kick on near as much as when it's empty or half full.

dwvninety

Do you always keep it plugged in and running? Was curious as to what the lifespan would be on one of these.

I have had mine on since 2011 and it's been plugged into AC when not in the vehicle. It's been running every day. I use it to cool my beer when I'm not off-roading and camping in the garage. Only thing that went wrong is the display would sometimes not show the complete LED digits. ARB sent me a replacement display but I haven't replaced it yet since the display would correct itself after a day or so.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I have had mine on since 2011 and it's been plugged into AC when not in the vehicle. It's been running every day. I use it to cool my beer when I'm not off-roading and camping in the garage. Only thing that went wrong is the display would sometimes not show the complete LED digits. ARB sent me a replacement display but I haven't replaced it yet since the display would correct itself after a day or so.

Thats impressive!

jeeeep

Hooked
Just out of curiosity, is the purpose of leaving it running 24/7 so that it is cold whenever you want it to be?

is doesn't take long to pre-cool, I keep water bottles cycled through it so they're ready to roll when I am.

when I 1st tested it out, it didn't take long to cool warm water bottles, pretty impressive

whispike

Wow that really is impressive! It's good to know that they can last that long considering that they are not cheap.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I bought the ARB socket off amazon and ran the 12ga wire from a circuit off my trail rocker to power it. The hardest part was finding a decent ground in the back. The 3'rd try I found a bolt that worked.

When the fridge is in the jeep, I keep it off until I know I'll need it. Going grocery shopping after work? I'll let it run during the day. According to the manual, it only takes 90 mins to go from 90 to operating temp. I've left it running full of stuff on the battery for 2 days, 1 night several times with plenty of juice to start the jeep and the fridge didn't cut out. If I'm going on a trip and the fridge is in the house, I'll plug it into 110v to pre-cool before loading it up.

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Looks like the top can break away. How far does the top need to be lifted before it can pull out. Meaning I have a synergy Baja basket. I'm thinking there will me a couple inches between the the top of the Arb and bottom of the basket. Would I be able to lift it up 2inches and remove the top so u don't have to slide the whole thing out.

Jackal01

Looks like the top can break away. How far does the top need to be lifted before it can pull out. Meaning I have a synergy Baja basket. I'm thinking there will me a couple inches between the the top of the Arb and bottom of the basket. Would I be able to lift it up 2inches and remove the top so u don't have to slide the whole thing out.

You can unlatch then pull straight out. No need to really raise it up.

Brute

Hooked
The evil empire is running a sale on the 50 with the cover for $888. I'm sure quadratec would price match

that's dirt cheap...

I put a 50 in the back of Anvil on top of a box with drawer...if you get the 50, get an arb slide & hold down set...it's worth the money...the slide fits perfectly, locks in the "out" position, and the hold downs keep the fridge in place, but it's easy to still remove the fridge for cleaning.

Unless your running it on ac, don't leave it on all the time. When I'm not using it, I position the front latch so the door won't close for at least a day to allow all condensation to evaporate...otherwise, you'll start a mold and mildew fest...I wipe mine down occasionally with those disinfectant wipes...

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Just ordered one from 4wheel parts.

This was their we have to mail it to you offer.
Even though I live close the the their main hub in Compton.

Total 998.00

Includes 50fridge, Ca. tax, shipping, and the cover/bag

Last edited:

xflstl

I ended up ordering a different brand 2 compartment 60q unit. I got it on a scratch & dent sale for around 300.00, regular price is from 900 to 1100.

Attachments

• 1473760695629.jpg
    1473760695629.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 114

christov11

I ended up ordering a different brand 2 compartment 60q unit. I got it on a scratch & dent sale for around 300.00, regular price is from 900 to 1100.

that sticker made my laugh at the office a little too loud for peoples liking! :cheesy:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So glad I finally got one of these a few weeks back. Got it for 887 with the transit bag, and also the remote monitor. By far my new favorite mod.

dchotrod

So glad I finally got one of these a few weeks back. Got it for 887 with the transit bag, and also the remote monitor. By far my new favorite mod.

Where did you get that deal from? I know I saw it but think I missed that boat already.[emoji20]

Top Bottom