Ball Joints - which one

Skid_Kid

How come some people's ball joint last less than 10k? I still have oem on my 2011 jku and I put around 45k on it. They're still fine... :thinking:

Lots of factors play into this. Proper tire rotation, tire balance, alignment, lots of off road time... ETC....

miguel250r

I need a .5° offset ball joint to get my camber right after I do gussets any brand good for a reasonable price? Those synergy or Moog make offset ones?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Synergy ball joints are the exact same thing as the ones made by Alloy USA. If that is the direction you want to go, just get whatever is cheaper. Moog makes good joints too.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
The Synergy ball joints are the exact same thing as the ones made by Alloy USA. If that is the direction you want to go, just get whatever is cheaper. Moog makes good joints too.

How about the Unit Bearing. Do you have any experience with those? Is it possible for the ball bearings to literally fall out? After I did my lift I found these on the ground and couldn't figure out where they had come from but now I'm wondering if it was the unit bearing.

IMG_2884 copy.jpg

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
yes, if it's that worn out they will fall out

That is really crazy because I only had about 20K miles on it with the 32s before I put the lift on. I had wheeled it pretty good through some rocky Colorado Trails once last year but that's it. :icon_crazy:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Now there's Ur problem lol

Yeah, I didn't have the token leftover bolt so I thought I was good. Then I found those ball bearings and was like WTF. Couldn't figure out for the life of me where they had come from. :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How about the Unit Bearing. Do you have any experience with those? Is it possible for the ball bearings to literally fall out? After I did my lift I found these on the ground and couldn't figure out where they had come from but now I'm wondering if it was the unit bearing.

If those were really the size of your unit bearings, you have some real problems :D

Seriously, no, not on a JK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I've been talking to some of my industry friends and found out that the Alloy USA and Synergy ball joints are in fact the same thing as the Crown HD joints and the Crowns are the most affordable. So, if you go this route, I would recommend you get Crowns and save a few bucks.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: I do. It is NOT possible for the bearings to literally fall out of a unit bearing like that on a JK. A TJ, sure but not on a JK.

:cheesy:

Those little mystery ball bearings came from somewhere.. :thinking: I'll probably be on the trail when I something goes to hell and I figure out where they came from... :banghead:

Top Bottom