Ball Joints - which one

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
So, I've been talking to some of my industry friends and found out that the Alloy USA and Synergy ball joints are in fact the same thing as the Crown HD joints and the Crowns are the most affordable. So, if you go this route, I would recommend you get Crowns and save a few bucks.

Awesome that is very helpful! I guess it's kind of like gears, most are manufactured by the same company and then re-branded.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome that is very helpful! I guess it's kind of like gears, most are manufactured by the same company and then re-branded.

They all are made by Cha, a South Korean company. You can see their logo on all gears as it looks like a circle with a K in it.

JKRandall

Ball Joints

I have a 2013 2dr Jeep Wrangler with a lift and 35's on it. Just wondering if l should go ahead and put new ball joints in it as a preventive caution, since the stock ones from what l understand will not hold up? or should l just ride out the stock ones til they start showing signs of going out? Also what our your opinions on synergy ball joints? Thanks for any information you can give me on this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2013 2dr Jeep Wrangler with a lift and 35's on it. Just wondering if l should go ahead and put new ball joints in it as a preventive caution, since the stock ones from what l understand will not hold up? or should l just ride out the stock ones til they start showing signs of going out? Also what our your opinions on synergy ball joints? Thanks for any information you can give me on this.

I hope you don't mind but, I just merged your post in with this one as it was just down the page a bit.

To answer your question, I would just run your factory ball joints until they go bad. That could be 4,000 miles or it could be 40,000 miles or more. It just depends on your setup and how hard you wheel.

Regarding ball joints, there really is nothing better out there than Dynatrac ProSteers. If you do choose to get a lesser ball joint, I would recommend that you get the Crown HD ball joints as they are the exact same thing as Synergy and Alloy USA only cheaper.

biggy

So, I've been talking to some of my industry friends and found out that the Alloy USA and Synergy ball joints are in fact the same thing as the Crown HD joints and the Crowns are the most affordable. So, if you go this route, I would recommend you get Crowns and save a few bucks.

If thats indeed true i wish i had known before. I paid 200 for the synergy and that was the cheapest I could find. I did a quick search for the crowns and I found them for under a 100 for both side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If thats indeed true i wish i had known before. I paid 200 for the synergy and that was the cheapest I could find. I did a quick search for the crowns and I found them for under a 100 for both side.

wow... thats is a good price! almost worth buying just because!

andrew-

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I can assure you that it is indeed true. The HD Crowns are the exact same ball joint.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

Yeah I just searched them and they are way less expensive! That works best for me because I do eventually want to move to the Dynatrac Pro-Steers since they are the best. Get an inexpensive, good replacement and then when I need to replace them again, go with the Pro-Steers.

JKRandall

I hope you don't mind but, I just merged your post in with this one as it was just down the page a bit.

To answer your question, I would just run your factory ball joints until they go bad. That could be 4,000 miles or it could be 40,000 miles or more. It just depends on your setup and how hard you wheel.

Regarding ball joints, there really is nothing better out there than Dynatrac ProSteers. If you do choose to get a lesser ball joint, I would recommend that you get the Crown HD ball joints as they are the exact same thing as Synergy and Alloy USA only cheaper.

Thanks so much for a honest answer and a quick reply.

GulfCoastJeeper

I was told the alloys couldn't be run with rcvs in a regular d44/d30 and indeed alloys chewed up my rcv boot whereas synergy a sit more flush with the C allowing better clearance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was told the alloys couldn't be run with rcvs in a regular d44/d30 and indeed alloys chewed up my rcv boot whereas synergy a sit more flush with the C allowing better clearance.

They are all the same ball joint made at the same place. You probably just got a revised version. Either way, the HD Crowns are a lot cheaper.

WhtIwrk4

I just bought 4 AC Delco greasable ball joints from my local parts supplier. Gonna give them a whirl, I think they'll be fine. Probably made in the same place as the others. It says assembled in USA on the boxes.

Tranquillity

They are all the same ball joint made at the same place. You probably just got a revised version. Either way, the HD Crowns are a lot cheaper.

I'm glad to hear about this, I was going for the synergy when mine will need to be replaced. I guess I'll spend de $$ saved on something else :honey: :crazyeyes:

txjeeplover

I bought and installed the Alloy ball joint set, and then I replaced them with a set of Moog ball joints 2 short months later. The decision to purchase the Alloy ball joints instead of Moog, or any other reputable high quality suspension product, remains my biggest and only regrettable purchase for my JK. The nightmare handling that came with Alloy ball joints went away soon as I installed the Moog ball joints, but that was replaced by a new awful experience: getting a refund from a shady vendor.

Save yourself time, money, sweat, and tears, THE FIRST TIME, and buy reputable parts from reputable vendors.

dis_dis

Banned
I am running synergy on mine and so far they are holding well ... about 5-6 wheeling trips and 10k miles

Top Bottom