Ballin' on a budget TJ crawler

Jheapr

Can't quite tell. Are those the led lights or just projector halogens ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LED headlights with Halogen Halo's I believe. They came with a box you're supposed to wore in to keep the halos from having a flickering effect, and that's where all of the signal wires are. I have been thinking and I may just skip wiring up the halos all together, I don't care for them anyways.

Jheapr

Oh sh** moment!

Apparently somebody tried stealing my tires and wheels last night...

On my drive to work my driver front tire felt a little shakey and was making a lot of noise, but I was in a rush to work so I didn't think much of it. When I parked I did I quick inspection and found a rather large rock stuck in the tread of my tires, so I got that out and dismissed the issue.

That wasn't the problem.
On my way home from work coming down the mountain, I got sever death wobble, nearly sending me into oncoming traffic at 55 mph. I get out and to my disbelief, I find that every lug nut on my jeep is hardly finger tight. I guess some little punk tried stealing my wheels, but didn't have a jack or a friend to help get them off. Is there any other explanation for every lug nut coming that loose? I just got these tires mounted at discount a few weeks ago and have since tightened them down myself. This has never happened to me before.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Oh sh** moment!

Apparently somebody tried stealing my tires and wheels last night...

On my drive to work my driver front tire felt a little shakey and was making a lot of noise, but I was in a rush to work so I didn't think much of it. When I parked I did I quick inspection and found a rather large rock stuck in the tread of my tires, so I got that out and dismissed the issue.

That wasn't the problem.
On my way home from work coming down the mountain, I got sever death wobble, nearly sending me into oncoming traffic at 55 mph. I get out and to my disbelief, I find that every lug nut on my jeep is hardly finger tight. I guess some little punk tried stealing my wheels, but didn't have a jack or a friend to help get them off. Is there any other explanation for every lug nut coming that loose? I just got these tires mounted at discount a few weeks ago and have since tightened them down myself. This has never happened to me before.

Damn that's scary man. What I do after a visit at discount tire is once I get home, I jack up each wheel, break it free, reseat it, tighten lugs in cross cross pattern, drop down and do the final torque. I also do a once over with a torque wrench just sitting on the ground after couple days.
I think if somebody really wanted your wheels they would of taken them

Jheapr

had a few hours to kill before work so I made the short trip to Kennebec Pass, about 20 minutes from my house.
IMG_0651.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG
IMG_0654.JPG
IMG_0648.jpg

Jheapr

Went to stretch her legs today and did some crawling at Chokecherry Canyon in Farmington, NM.

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

I've got some work to do.. need to get control arms so I can move my axle forward some more and I need to do some adjusting on my bump stops. Both as seen below
IMG_0019.jpg

Jheapr

I don't think I've ever seen any that mount like that. Wouldn't that stop the body from flexing on the frame making the mounts rigid?

I think the only issue with that mounting style would be if I was running a body lift. My body and frame shouldn't be moving separate from each other, what do you mean it would stop the body from flexing on the frame?

The body rides on rubber flexible mounts allowing it to move a bit and flex, not a rigid mount. By bolting the slider to the frame and bolting the slider to the tub you're making it rigid

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
The body rides on rubber flexible mounts allowing it to move a bit and flex, not a rigid mount. By bolting the slider to the frame and bolting the slider to the tub you're making it rigid

One of the main reasons I haven't bought sliders yet. IMO you want body mount or Frame mount. I prefer frame mount because it eliminated more drilling into the tub and uses existing holes. This stops your body from doing the slight independent flex from the frame. Which can cause for a rougher ride.

Jheapr

Thanks for the input guys, I haven't gotten them yet, so I I'll end up passing and just get something else. Thought I may have gotten a great deal on these at $60

Jheapr

IMG_0265.jpg

Well, I bent my tie rod wheeling last weekend, and I decided to go with the good ol’ V8 Grand Cherokee tie rod.
IMG_0304.jpg

It’s quite a bit beefier than the factory TJ tie rod and probably weighs twice as much. For the money you can’t beat it.
IMG_0305.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg

Jheapr

IMG_0977.JPG
Looking at some axles from a 1970 Wagoneer, the front is a closed axle 44, I’ve been told to stay away from them, but I can’t get any answers to why. Can anybody help me out here? I’m looking at $200 for the pair of 30 spline D44’s

Jheapr

This is the end of the journey for my 1998, I found a 2006 I am picking up this month from Texas that’s as clean as a whistle. Here’s to the memories. IMG_0971.JPG IMG_0237.jpg IMG_0521.jpg
0B80E130-2CAD-433B-8209-1EA58BCA54D8.jpg

And the replacement: IMG_0999.jpg

Top Bottom