Ballin' on a budget TJ crawler

Jheapr

Did Black Bear Pass yesterday with a small group. Things got interesting as we came down the switch backs into Telluride, rain was in the forecast but we encountered severe storms and minor flooding down the trail. But that's what makes the trip huh?

IMG_0562.JPG
IMG_0565.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0564.JPG (had to)
6932E9D8-BECE-4B88-96E1-7803CBE224DB.jpg
Bridal Veil Falls in Tulluride, Co IMG_0560.jpg

Jheapr

Had my calipers lock up on me a few days ago, so I went down to O'reilly's and grabbed a new set along with some fresh pads. Didn't get any pictures, but if anybody would like a write up on how to remove stuck calipers I could figure something out.

Here's a picture right before she went on jack stands though IMG_0586.jpg

Jheapr

Anybody know how lax Utah is about their fender laws around Moab? It's a short drive from me, but my rig is basically open wheel. Anybody have any temporary fender set ups for the roads?

Would I be better off just towing my rig through the state and to the trails? I don't have access to a truck so this would be my last resort.

JeepJeep75

Anybody know how lax Utah is about their fender laws around Moab? It's a short drive from me, but my rig is basically open wheel. Anybody have any temporary fender set ups for the roads?

Would I be better off just towing my rig through the state and to the trails? I don't have access to a truck so this would be my last resort.

I think you'll be fine. I've seen some pretty wild looking rigs driving around Moab when we went last year. As long as you're not speeding or driving like a rice-racer you should be okay. Even if you do get a ticket, it's a fixit ticket. It would probably be cheaper to pay the whole ticket off than try and spend money on some sort of temporary fender setup.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jheapr

I think you'll be fine. I've seen some pretty wild looking rigs driving around Moab when we went last year. As long as you're not speeding or driving like a rice-racer you should be okay. Even if you do get a ticket, it's a fixit ticket. It would probably be cheaper to pay the whole ticket off than try and spend money on some sort of temporary fender setup.

I've heard the cops in the area are pretty cool and are decently lenient as long as you don't go around EJS, I was thinking of just going for it whenever that time comes and keeping my registration handy lol

I've got a clean record and show plenty of respect when pulled over, so I can't imagine them giving me too many problems.

JeepJeep75

I've heard the cops in the area are pretty cool and are decently lenient as long as you don't go around EJS, I was thinking of just going for it whenever that time comes and keeping my registration handy lol

I've got a clean record and show plenty of respect when pulled over, so I can't imagine them giving me too many problems.

I have KMC Machetes BL's with trimmed fenders. They stick out about 3 inches past the fenders, and no mud flaps. We were in CO last week coming off a trail. I had a cop following me for several miles. I was waiting for him to light me up. We pulled over at the lake in Lake City and he pulled up behind. We both got out and he came over to compliment our jeep. Super nice guy! I think attitude goes a long way in that regard.

Jheapr

I have KMC Machetes BL's with trimmed fenders. They stick out about 3 inches past the fenders, and no mud flaps. We were in CO last week coming off a trail. I had a cop following me for several miles. I was waiting for him to light me up. We pulled over at the lake in Lake City and he pulled up behind. We both got out and he came over to compliment our jeep. Super nice guy! I think attitude goes a long way in that regard.

I'm a firm believer in that.

I live in Colorado and we have no fender laws, or else I'd be in a lot of trouble. Hell, my county doesn't even do safety inspections or emissions.

Jheapr

Got some packages in the mail from Jeep while I was out of town...

Love the way these look on the rig, I'm gunna have some problems finding space for more.
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Very cool! You got your badges quick, too. IIRC I think there is someone new in charge of that program at Jeep. I was in Ouray in July 2016, and didn't get my badges until July of 2017.

Jheapr

New headlights!
IMG_0635.jpg

I had to point these lights down basically as far as I could adjust them. They can be wired to have the halo flash amber as a blinker, but wiring that is beyond my skill set since these lights didn't come with any instructions.

I even took the time to paint the headlight bezels black, because they didn't look quite right chrome with the new black lights in. I guess you could say I'm a mall crawler now. ):

Top Bottom