Best JK mods with a 5K budget?

Exodus 4x4

What JAGS said. What you need depends a lot on the type of wheeling you'll be doing. Just remember that just because someone else put it on their rig doesn't mean it's necessarily going to work for you. I've seen guys try and sell others on mistakes they've made just because they're too proud to swallow their pride and say they fucked up. Best thing to do is read as much as you can on here and ask a lot of questions. Don't rush your build. Save your money for the best parts. Wait until vendors have sales to order your wish list.

WJCO

Meme King
What JAGS said. What you need depends a lot on the type of wheeling you'll be doing. Just remember that just because someone else put it on their rig doesn't mean it's necessarily going to work for you. I've seen guys try and sell others on mistakes they've made just because they're too proud to swallow their pride and say they fucked up. Best thing to do is read as much as you can on here and ask a lot of questions. Don't rush your build. Save your money for the best parts. Wait until vendors have sales to order your wish list.

You gotta have a light bar or it's not a real Jeep. Just sayin. :crazyeyes:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Even with the $2k budget you can start buying stuff. Just don't worry so much about a lift and tires right now. I'd definitely start looking at skid plates and recovery gear. Those you need no matter what. For a little more clearance you could do a leveling kit for a couple hundred bucks. Maybe a cb if you go out in groups and stuff.

And go wheelin. [emoji106]

geberhard

Douchebag
Lift package with some extras here: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?36824-FS-4-quot-lift-for-jk-ALL-BRAND-NEW-1300 (May be a bit tool tall for my taste but good deal)

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?36824-FS-4-quot-lift-for-jk-ALL-BRAND-NEW-1300

plus some used 35's (some for sale here or you local CL), sell your stocker stuff (new Rubi wheels) sand tires are fetching close to a Grand in the Bay Area ate least. specially close to zero miles :)

or heck leveling kit $200), trim your stock flares, (free), used or new 35's, and get rocking!!!

Speeddmn

I'll be at wind rock tonight. Any stickers going for sale there?

Order them through the store, button at the top of the forum.

Congrats on the Rubi. As other have mentioned even a 2k budget can get you some stuff. Remember the stock tires are 32.xx tall (advertised) and if you go 33's they are only 31.9 ish tall. Do you really gain much vs cost... nope!

Set a limit on your items, don't be afraid to buy used on some things... Like a bumper, unless you smash it into a tree and taco it, most will hold up well. Rattle can paint so it looks new, save a few hundred.

I would be leary buying used suspension components, unless they are still new in the box type of deal. Just because the shocks look new, they could have been cleaned up and have 30k miles on them.

Bumper: -500
Wheel spacers: -125?
Tires: -1500 ish depending on brand
Sell your current wheels & tires: +800
Budget boost/new Shocks: -600 ish if you shop around and stay away from terrorflex
Leave you 75 bucks for case of brews, WAL swag and a tank of gas!

Flynlo

My 2¢ says buy a winch first. As you're exploring the capabilities of the Rubicon in stock form, you'll be able to get out of sticky situations and keep on going.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Order them through the store, button at the top of the forum.

Congrats on the Rubi. As other have mentioned even a 2k budget can get you some stuff. Remember the stock tires are 32.xx tall (advertised) and if you go 33's they are only 31.9 ish tall. Do you really gain much vs cost... nope!

Set a limit on your items, don't be afraid to buy used on some things... Like a bumper, unless you smash it into a tree and taco it, most will hold up well. Rattle can paint so it looks new, save a few hundred.

I would be leary buying used suspension components, unless they are still new in the box type of deal. Just because the shocks look new, they could have been cleaned up and have 30k miles on them.

Bumper: -500
Wheel spacers: -125?
Tires: -1500 ish depending on brand
Sell your current wheels & tires: +800
Budget boost/new Shocks: -600 ish if you shop around and stay away from terrorflex
Leave you 75 bucks for case of brews, WAL swag and a tank of gas!

You didn't factor in the purchase of new wheels; also if you do get new wheels you can forego the spacers.

BroncoRubi

Ok guys, I just ordered some parts after getting home from Windrock. Thanks for all the advise. Here is what I ordered so far

Poison Spider BFH Front Bumper with Shackle Tabs and Trail Stinger

Poison Spider BFH Disco Skid Plate (for sway bar disconnect protection)

Poison Spider RockBrawler Rear Bumper with Shackle Tabs

Hawse Fairlead Light Mount

X2O-10K Waterproof Synthetic Rope Wireless Winch Gen2

Evo MFG leveling kit

I think its a good start. When I get the chance i'll be ordering the Evo rock sliders too

WJCO

Meme King
Ok guys, I just ordered some parts after getting home from Windrock. Thanks for all the advise. Here is what I ordered so far

Poison Spider BFH Front Bumper with Shackle Tabs and Trail Stinger

Poison Spider BFH Disco Skid Plate (for sway bar disconnect protection)

Poison Spider RockBrawler Rear Bumper with Shackle Tabs

Hawse Fairlead Light Mount

X2O-10K Waterproof Synthetic Rope Wireless Winch Gen2

Evo MFG leveling kit

I think its a good start. When I get the chance i'll be ordering the Evo rock sliders too

Welcome to the addiction. Before long you'll be selling your body on the corner for Jeep parts. Hey, 20 dollars is 20 dollars. Good luck.

BroncoRubi

Welcome to the addiction. Before long you'll be selling your body on the corner for Jeep parts. Hey, 20 dollars is 20 dollars. Good luck.

Already told my lady I still have more parts to order,lol. Its all good though cause now she wants to know when she gets her new Rubicon!!!!

Speeddmn

You didn't factor in the purchase of new wheels; also if you do get new wheels you can forego the spacers.

Spacers would be the route with factory wheels, it's all ballpark figures. But he went a different route anyways.

To the OP, enjoy the Jeep life, it's costly!

BroncoRubi

Thanks, I am getting spacers though. Just haven't ordered them yet. Gotta wait for the next payday to come,lol. Yes it is expensive but to me very worth it. I have many more parts I want to order but after this first order I made it will be as I can save.

Jeep dad

Best advice I ever got was armor under our jeep . you can have great time in stock rubicon . and thats a nice looking jeep you bought. good luck.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Thread revival!

I remember reading this thread when it was originally posted . The 1 thing I’d add that I didn’t see mentioned at the time would be an Air Compressor or on board air, otherwise I agree.

Top Bottom