Best place to live for jeep owners

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You have truly adopted the Nevadan lifestyle when you start saying our state is full. :cheesy:

Been visiting and wanting to be up here for the last 25 years. So glad we finally made it in before it was too late :crazyeyes:

BaddestCross

We all have our priorities :yup:

Yup. Good people, good BBQ, and the home of my beloved Jack Daniels. I'm willing to bet that they'll be some good places to Jeep and, besides, with all the cash I'll save from not having to pay all the ridiculous CA taxes and fees I'll be able to drive out West to visit the desert and rocks. Plus, it's only a few hours to the Georgia and Carolina coasts which I prefer to CA any day of the week. 😎

To each their own. I was born and raised here in CA as well. I just can't stand being here anymore. 4 more years... We'll see what happens.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkwebbie

Or if you wanted to go East, somewhere like west NC would be nice. Lots of wheeling in NC, SC, VA, and TN. And you'd be right by he great smokies.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I can second this, that's where I live lol
Yeah, Nevada and Arizona are better for business, but I've lived in the desert for almost 20 years and I'm ready to live where there's some water and real trees. I fell in love with Tennessee with Georgia as a close 2nd. I like the political climate of Tennessee better, though.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
You won't regret moving to TN. Lots of places to wheel, good people, good food, plus we have sweet tea and a hell of a lot less liberals [emoji106]
....that is if Trout Unlimited hasn't managed to completely shut down Tellico by now.

Tellico has been shut down for a while now bud lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I hate California...however the Eastern, South/Eastern Sierra's are my favorite within the state.

....that is if Trout Unlimited hasn't managed to completely shut down Tellico by now.

As a TU life member I take offense to that. lol

If anything TU has HELPED the Jeeping community. They are completely all about public lands and keeping them open. When environmentalists recommend a trail get shut down due to a water crossing, TU has funded bridges or other means to keep the trail/public land open instead of being completely shut down.

End rant.

ChiliDawg

I hate California...however the Eastern, South/Eastern Sierra's are my favorite within the state.

As a TU life member I take offense to that. lol

If anything TU has HELPED the Jeeping community. They are completely all about public lands and keeping them open. When environmentalists recommend a trail get shut down due to a water crossing, TU has funded bridges or other means to keep the trail/public land open instead of being completely shut down.

End rant.

Hey man, no offense intended - I don't know everything TU does so I wasn't trying to make any statements about them. I do know years ago when I lived and wheeled in the southeast they were fighting to keep the OHV's away from Tellico. There were a lot of local rednecks that contributed to that problem by dumping garbage out there so that's not to say they didn't have their reasons.

Travv310

Wow thanks for the advice everyone [emoji41]I'm really interested in the west coast. I love West Virginia but been here for 23 years and ready for a change. I'm going to Colorado in February to visit my buddy. Gonna snow board at vail. Really excited i just wish there was a steel mill out there or more welding work for me!

Ddays

Hooked
Kansas for example, is really a beautiful state.

Kansas?!?!?!

:icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy:

Sorry Kansans, but this is a prime state for marketing driverless automobiles to the public. That way you could drink alcoholic beverages while you drive along endlessly looking at nothing. I mean, there should be a massive tree planting program out there or something. Dump piles of dirt randomly so there would be a feature every 20 miles or something.... Maybe there are areas that are nice but I was too busy being bored comatose driving through it...

Seriously, I think a lot depends on what you are looking for. Do you want t be able to drive to the end of your street & be off-road, or do you want to be somewhere centralized so you can get to a lot of places quick? If I were moving west, and honestly I've looked at properties in Co just to have a home base to travel from, I would also consider the cost of living. It seems to vary widely. You're from Weirton where its friggin dirt cheap. I'm a half hour away in Western Pa where its also dirt cheap. Have you priced houses anywhere? Prepare yourself for having a stroke, especially in the larger towns!

I have really taken a liking to Salt Lake City. Its centralized and I really like the area. Never been to Nevada (yet!) but it honestly seems to be an awesome area as well. Western Colorado is really appealing too. The Denver area is crazy congested. California is beautiful but I don't know that I want to move there.

ChiliDawg

Wow thanks for the advice everyone [emoji41]I'm really interested in the west coast. I love West Virginia but been here for 23 years and ready for a change. I'm going to Colorado in February to visit my buddy. Gonna snow board at vail. Really excited i just wish there was a steel mill out there or more welding work for me!

If you're in to that sort of thing (I am) Reno is a half hour from Lake Tahoe and some of he best skiing/snowboarding in the country.

benatc1

Hooked
I grew up on the east coast (new york) and have lived in WV, IN, VA- all for work- but when I finally moved to Northern NV I found a place where I knew I wanted to be, for many reasons. I have friends who have lived in PA, TN, VA and have actually all moved west and love it, one in CO and other in CA. there is alot to be offered back on the east coast/south/mid west area but if you like anything regarding outdoors you will find it much more fulfilling from Colorado to California. Heck a friend if mine from the mid west moved to Reno, then took a job back east, and is now doing anything he can to hey back out this way. you never know what is right for you until you travel and find it

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug

I live in NV and my wheeling territory ranges from OR,ID, UT, AZ, CA. We may not have steel mills here in NV, but we have mining, lot's of work for welders in mining.

SergJKURhino

If I was retired and had the income squared away and wanted to be close enough o not be far enough.... Ely, NV.

Moab is about 6 ish hours away, Rubicon is 5 ish hrs away, SoCal is 7-8 ish I'm thinking. Western Colorado is less then a day drive 8-9 hours... No state tax, more than enough public land and rich in history...

^^This for a central location to major wheeling and decent local wheeling. But "best" is a subjective term...what's "best" for you is not necessarily "best" for the next guy.

benatc1

Hooked
Top Bottom