Billy Goat Build

Hi all! It's been a while since the last time I posted, just not a lot going on with my Jeep lately and I've been super busy with starting a new job and moving back to Iowa. With my new job, I have just about no time to actually even drive my Jeep so it sits in the garage except for maybe 4 days out of a month. We have also bought a new house so with that said I am reluctantly wanting to sell Billy Goat. My question to you guys is how much do you guys think I could sell it for. I would love to get enough to help with a down payment but also be able to buy an older more stock Jeep to start a new build, either a TJ or LJ. Feel free to look through this thread to see what all has been done to it and let me know what you guys think! If I can't get a reasonable number out of it, I am highly considering stripping it and putting it back to stock and using the JK parts (minus suspension and what not) on a new-to-me older Jeep. Thanks in advance guys and gals!

Hi all! It's been a while since the last time I posted, just not a lot going on with my Jeep lately and I've been super busy with starting a new job and moving back to Iowa. With my new job, I have just about no time to actually even drive my Jeep so it sits in the garage except for maybe 4 days out of a month. We have also bought a new house so with that said I am reluctantly wanting to sell Billy Goat. My question to you guys is how much do you guys think I could sell it for. I would love to get enough to help with a down payment but also be able to buy an older more stock Jeep to start a new build, either a TJ or LJ. Feel free to look through this thread to see what all has been done to it and let me know what you guys think! If I can't get a reasonable number out of it, I am highly considering stripping it and putting it back to stock and using the JK parts (minus suspension and what not) on a new-to-me older Jeep. Thanks in advance guys and gals!

Or, if anyone on here is interested in buying, I could deliver around the midwest for the right price. I wouldn't mind hearing from some people that have stripped their Jeeps to sell and their experiences.

benatc1

Hooked
Or, if anyone on here is interested in buying, I could deliver around the midwest for the right price. I wouldn't mind hearing from some people that have stripped their Jeeps to sell and their experiences.
Stripping and selling never really works out unless your trading it in, cause they aren't going to give you more than it would stock in most cases. Lots of work and sourcing parts potentially which will off set your profits. So hopefully you can find a buyer as is. My red 2 door is stripped and sold to car max after a couple months of trying to sell. Over all definitely ended up with less all apart than I had it up for all together. but really comes down to how quick you need it gone

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Stripping and selling never really works out unless your trading it in, cause they aren't going to give you more than it would stock in most cases. Lots of work and sourcing parts potentially which will off set your profits. So hopefully you can find a buyer as is. My red 2 door is stripped and sold to car max after a couple months of trying to sell. Over all definitely ended up with less all apart than I had it up for all together. but really comes down to how quick you need it gone

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

If he plans to buy an older JK and use the mods that he stripped off on the other JK, I can see it making sense. If he wants to get a TJ/LJ then I’d keep the winch and sell it as is.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, not sure what I'll do... It would be really nice to find a buyer that wanted it as is but it seems nobody is in the market to even make an offer. I might try eBay, has anyone had luck with that?

Top Bottom