Birth of Phoenix

Busy weekend. Finally finished my dual battery setup. I decided to just install a $18 solenoid to split the batteries up. I installed a switch near the steering column so I link/split the batteries when needed. There are a bunch of fancy setups that does everything automatically but trying to ease the wallet, I went this route. IMG_1514.jpg
Also removing the door makes it easier to do wiring under the dash. IMG_1516.jpg
I felt embarrassed that I let my tie rod, drag link, and stabilizer out of wack for so long. Everything is adjusted and looking good. IMG_1519.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Made my way to Eastern Washington with family and friends this weekend. We camped out near Ellensburg, WA and rode the trails all day Saturday. I’ve done this same route before about two years ago but this was with a totally different group of people. It was a great weekend and we all enjoyed getting away for a few days. IMG_1543.jpg Day 1, we encountered a rain storm on the western side of the state. IMG_5251.jpg Sunny on the Eastern side. IMG_1546.jpg I love how the state is completely different on this side. IMG_1547.jpg Got to camp a little after 8 PM and set up camp. Here’s a few pics of the day. IMG_1568.jpg IMG_1569.jpgIMG_1571.jpgIMG_1572.jpgIMG_1580.jpgBeautiful mountain meadow with Mt. Rainier in the background. IMG_1609.jpg Funny Rocks. Still slippery and it chews up your tires pretty good. IMG_1615.jpgIMG_1621.jpgIMG_5407.jpgIMG_1627.jpg Moon RocksIMG_1631.jpg

I have a potential trip planned to the Rubicon in a month and my tires were looking a little rough. Decided to take a chance and purchase some Milestar Patagonia’s. 38x13.5x17. Tread pattern was a little weird but once I bought them they really grew on me. I only have five miles on them so the only review I can give them is that they are quieter than the MT/Rs.

This was my first time breaking down beadlocks and going back together. Definitely takes some time. Took me three days since I ended up working late on two of them. I also had Les Schwab break the bead and remove the wheels for $25 and it was done in 10 minutes. Well worth it. I painted the rings and love the new attitude the Phoenix has. IMG_1990.jpg
IMG_1988.jpg
IMG_1991.jpg
IMG_1995.jpg
IMG_2002.jpg
IMG_2005.jpg
IMG_2004.jpg

Did some research and talked to people and decided to purchase a cooler for my power steering and a new bigger HP supply line. I always wanted to add a second cooler for the transmission so the dual setup from PSC worked nicely. Fairly easy install. A little messy but not bad.
IMG_2066.jpg
IMG_2067.jpg
IMG_2076.jpg

I guess the small stock supply line from the power steering pump to the box will limit the supply especially when you have a bigger pump. I have the PSC pump and Big Bore box. The install of the new line was easy enough. The steering feels even more effortless now. IMG_2074.jpg

Great upgrade. I never understood why people would go to hydro steering but skimp out on a cooler.

Headed out to Walker Valley ORV Park with some friends. Got to test out the new tires. They performed great but I never really got to a spot I needed extra traction like a tough climb. I was also worried about the flex with the bigger tires but everything looked good. IMG_2081.jpg John (Prionic) sporting his new to him bumper from Brute. IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2085.jpg
IMG_2109.jpg
IMG_2127.jpgIMG_2131.jpgIMG_2135.jpgIMG_2136.jpg
IMG_2138.jpgIMG_2154.jpg
The whole group.
IMG_2156.jpgIMG_2160.jpgIMG_2166.JPGIMG_2168.JPG
Had a great time!

Just got back from the Rubicon. I had a great time and the trail was more than I expected. IMG_2252.jpg
Stayed at Loon Lake the first night and hit the trail in the morning.
IMG_2296.jpg
IMG_2458.jpg
Little Sluice
IMG_2471.jpg
IMG_2538.jpg
Vee Notch
IMG_2616.jpg
Camped at Buck Island for the night.
IMG_2632.jpg
Big Sluice
IMG_2641.jpg
IMG_2649.jpg
IMG_2651.jpg
Getting tippy.
IMG_2655.jpg
IMG_9755.jpg
IMG_2722.jpg
Brother rode shotgun with me. It was an excellent trail and experience. I also conquered the Soup Bowl but I only have video of that.

At the end of every trip I always evaluate the performance of the Jeep. The things I can take away is that EVO sliders are amazing. Worth every penny spent. The Jeep was very heavy which was felt on the trail. Also the Jeep lacked power on the highway hill climbs due to the excessive weight.

I could try to pack less but I felt everything I took was necessary. For the lack of power, I need to do some deep thinking on that one.

Top Bottom