Birth of Phoenix

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Just got back from my first trip to Moab. Drove the Jeep down and back. I averaged 14-17 mpg which was the best I had ever gotten. The Jeep did very well with every obstacle. I usually tried it a couple times and would engage my lockers after that if I needed to. My PSC reservoir would overflow at steep angles. Other than that, everything worked great. Here’s a few pictures from the trip. IMG_0031.jpg
Getting ready to hit the road.
IMG_0033.jpg Seized caliper 10 miles into the trip. He already had the new one because it was starting to act up. 30 minutes and it was changed in the Fred Meyer parking lot. IMG_0059.jpg Idaho
IMG_0061.jpg 10 minutes before this happened. IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0063.jpg We decided to leave it in Idaho and press on. IMG_0067.jpg Last minute food run in Salt Lake. IMG_0070.jpg HWY 6.
IMG_0071.jpg Woke up and finally saw beautiful Moab in the sun light.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
First trail was Hurrah Pass and Jackson Hole. We were joined by fiend and his family. The country is so beautiful down there that we were all constantly snapping photos while driving which can be a little sketchy. IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0078.jpg
It was a good day for the group. There were plenty of breaks but it was good to find them on the first day. IMG_0089.jpg IMG_0123.jpg IMG_0136.jpg This is right below Cliffhanger. We watched a couple rigs from down below. IMG_0151.jpg IMG_0153.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Just got back from my first trip to Moab. Drove the Jeep down and back. I averaged 14-17 mpg which was the best I had ever gotten. The Jeep did very well with every obstacle. I usually tried it a couple times and would engage my lockers after that if I needed to. My PSC reservoir would overflow at steep angles. Other than that, everything worked great. Here’s a few pictures from the trip.

10 minutes before this happened. View attachment 298703

Nice pictures! Did your friend throw a rod?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Next day was followed by Fins and Things and then we decided to hit Hell’s Revenge since we were in the same area. IMG_0178.jpg IMG_0256.jpg IMG_0722.jpg IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0261.jpg IMG_3976.jpg IMG_0723.jpg IMG_0724.jpg IMG_0721.JPG It was a fun day. I hope to hit the escalator next time.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Day 3 was my favorite. We did the Trifecta. Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim. It was jam packed full of action all day. IMG_0334.jpg Beginning of PSM. IMG_0503.jpg fiend doing the launch pad. IMG_0511.jpg Pictures never do this place justice on how steep it is. IMG_0514.jpg IMG_0515.jpg IMG_0545.jpg IMG_0519.jpg IMG_0601.jpg IMG_0605.jpg klungly making his way down one of many ledges. IMG_0610.jpg Overlook.
IMG_0611.jpg
Golden Crack IMG_0637.jpg IMG_0638.jpg IMG_0644.jpg IMG_0645.jpg IMG_0725.JPG working on the Double Whammy. Didn’t make this line. I had to move over to the middle. IMG_0678.jpg The Waterfall was tougher than it looked. I made it up my 3rd or 4th try but we were running out of daylight so we started winching. Got of the trail around 9:30. It was a blast.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
The next day we took a break and hiked to the delicate arch. The hike sucked because I either had my four year old or my six year old on my shoulders. IMG_0682.jpg The group. IMG_0730.JPG

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
This was the last day we would be in Moab but a few of us wanted to go to Top of the World. So we woke up at 3:30 in the morning and left for the trailhead. It’s an easy trail but it progressively gets harder. The view was beautiful. IMG_0696.jpg IMG_0697.jpg IMG_0698.jpg IMG_0700.jpg IMG_0703.jpg IMG_0708.jpg IMG_0709.jpg IMG_0710.jpg IMG_0713.jpg
We got off the trail late because I had to tow the Willys back off the trail 10 miles due to a broken fuel pump. Got back to town and fixed it up for the road trip home. IMG_0717.jpg 30 miles from Price, an intercooler pipe cracked on the Powerstroke so we cut the upper radiator hose on the FJ to make a replacement boot. It worked and we got to the ford dealership to get another one. IMG_0719.jpg On the way home, we picked up the XJ that we had left behind. IMG_0733.jpg Even hit a snow storm in Oregon. IMG_0732.jpg Finally made it home. It was an awesome trip. Made some new friends and some stronger friendships. Can’t wait to go back. IMG_0734.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Went to Elbe Hills today. Last time I went it was the winter time and I ended up smashing my mirror and causing other damage. This time it was muddy. But it was still fun. Only thing I broke was this Smittybuilt grab handle. IMG_0854.jpg I almost ate shit when I tried to get into the Jeep and it decided to let go. IMG_0804.jpg IMG_0808.jpg IMG_0812.jpg IMG_0841.jpg IMG_0842.jpg IMG_0846.jpg IMG_0849.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Went to Elbe Hills today. Last time I went it was the winter time and I ended up smashing my mirror and causing other damage. This time it was muddy. But it was still fun. Only thing I broke was this Smittybuilt grab handle. View attachment 300230 I almost ate shit when I tried to get into the Jeep and it decided to let go.

Awesome pics. I know Smittybilt sometimes gets shit for being a Chinese-made item, but how in the hell did the grab handle break? That's a first I think.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Awesome pics. I know Smittybilt sometimes gets shit for being a Chinese-made item, but how in the hell did the grab handle break? That's a first I think.

Riley’s a tough dude. I could see him breaking that handle.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Never been a SB fan but I never had doubted their products inside the Jeep. I guess their reputation lives on. [emoji23]
Riley’s a tough dude. I could see him breaking that handle.

You’re not calling me fat are you? [emoji23] I guess trying to pull a 200 lbs person exceeded the safe working load.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Never been a SB fan but I never had doubted their products inside the Jeep. I guess their reputation lives on. [emoji23]

You’re not calling me fat are you? [emoji23] I guess trying to pull a 200 lbs person exceeded the safe working load.

Um.... husky? stout? Solid? Big boned? [emoji23][emoji23]

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Headed out to Evans Creek yesterday. It was on my To Do list here in the PNW. Very tight trail. I don’t know if I would recommend it for a JKU. Tons of trees to watch out for and I have a few more scratches now. Overall it was a fun day. IMG_0919.jpg IMG_0930.jpg IMG_0938.jpg IMG_0942.jpg IMG_0949.jpg IMG_0983.jpg IMG_0984.jpg IMG_0999.jpg IMG_0998.jpg IMG_1003.jpg IMG_0989.jpg

Top Bottom