BLUE JUICE - ETHANOL FREE Pure Gasoline for OLD IRON

BlacknRedJK

Pure-gas.org is awesome. I have been using it to track down non-ethanol fuel for our snowmobiles for years. As Brute mentioned with boats, the water/fuel mixture can be a huge battle in snowmobiles as well. Now it only more stations would go to 91 non-ethanol instead of 88.. Race fuel gets expensive quickly

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Try number three for a post.

I think it is great to have an option to get the right gas for older vehicles, as well as the small engines that need it, but I wish they would have picked a color other than blue.

Blue is now the color for DEF, and I am sure there will be idiots that fill the DEF tank with this gas simply because of the color.

They already have a hard time telling it apart from diesel, and any of the wrong fluid in either the diesel tank or the DEF tank and the repairs start at $8,000 and go up from there.

Tanktitan

IMG_0063.jpg

As Eddie and others have said, old iron and some small engines were not built for ethanol blend fuel. However, modern engines are specifically designed to use ethanol’s ability to oxygenate fuel. NASCAR uses a 15% blend and Indy cars use almost 100% Ethanol. And yes, I buy pure gasoline for my chain saw and other small motors because of the issues previously said.

Doing what the racing industry does best. Marketing! “But NASCAR uses it”. Hahaha
Sunoco is a main big boy sponsor for nascar. It’s silly to think they don’t have an influence on what fuels they use or say they are using but not actually. All so us the consumer thinks it’s a great product.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Doing what the racing industry does best. Marketing! “But NASCAR uses it”. Hahaha
Sunoco is a main big boy sponsor for nascar. It’s silly to think they don’t have an influence on what fuels they use or say they are using but not actually. All so us the consumer thinks it’s a great product.

I'd have to agree. Being that the use of Ethanol and on such a HUGE scale has been mandated by the feds, what else are companies to do but to promote what they're required to use.

longarmwj

I'd have to agree. Being that the use of Ethanol and on such a HUGE scale has been mandated by the feds, what else are companies to do but to promote what they're required to use.

Exactly what I was thinking.

There is a station that sells pure gas thats on my way home from work. My gas light came on today so hopefully I don't run out on the way to the station because I'm curious to try this out :crazyeyes:

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Ethanol Free Fuel

Around me, Quik Trips have been revamping to include Ethanol free fuel on some of thier pumps, 87 octane in KS, 91 octane in MO. Its all I use and like the difference. Combined my first tank of Ethanol Free with BG44K and have never looked back.
Our pump handles are Green - Diesel, Black - Regular Unleaded (all grades), Red - Ethanol Free.

Exodus 4x4

IMG_9092.jpg
Found it at Bucees today. Didn’t think the Cummins would care for it though so I stuck to the green stuff. You can bet I’ll be running it in the Jeep now that it’s here.

Tanktitan

The history of ethanol is convoluted. Some argue that it is good for the environment and others say the opposite. Historically oil companies and oil state senators oppose ethanol. Farmers and farm state senators are in favor of it. If you are an oil company with petroleum in the ground you rather pump it out and sell it, rather than buy ethanol from someone else. If you do not own oil in the ground, you may think differently.

Then add politics. Someone’s ox always gets gored when politicians tell us what we have to do. We the people used to pay oil companies about $.40 per gallon for blending ethanol into gasoline. Then came the renewable fuel standard (RFS), which eliminated the blender’s credit and mandated that the “obligated majors” (oil companies) use ethanol or buy credits (Renewable Id Numbers, or RINS) from those that buy more ethanol that they needed. So a secondary market developed for trading a 10% component of our gasoline. That engaged both fear and greed and upped the stakes for all, creating a lucrative opportunity for politicians to raise campaign contributions.

Today the fact remains that if the government got out of telling oil companies what to do, oil companies would continue to use ethanol because it is the cheapest way to boost octane. Our modern engines simply need something to cause the gasoline to properly ignite under pressure, and ethanol is currently the best low cost way. The alternative is to further refine gasoline, at higher cost to them and us, or use another petroleum product like MTBE’s, which are said to be environmentally dangerous. This is one reason why you pay more for 100% gasoline.

At least we are still free to choose. As for me, I rather buy from an American farmer than some questionable country that has even less interest in us than our own political class. (I apologize for the lengthy response.)

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The history of ethanol is convoluted. Some argue that it is good for the environment and others say the opposite. Historically oil companies and oil state senators oppose ethanol. Farmers and farm state senators are in favor of it. If you are an oil company with petroleum in the ground you rather pump it out and sell it, rather than buy ethanol from someone else. If you do not own oil in the ground, you may think differently.

Then add politics. Someone’s ox always gets gored when politicians tell us what we have to do. We the people used to pay oil companies about $.40 per gallon for blending ethanol into gasoline. Then came the renewable fuel standard (RFS), which eliminated the blender’s credit and mandated that the “obligated majors” (oil companies) use ethanol or buy credits (Renewable Id Numbers, or RINS) from those that buy more ethanol that they needed. So a secondary market developed for trading a 10% component of our gasoline. That engaged both fear and greed and upped the stakes for all, creating a lucrative opportunity for politicians to raise campaign contributions.

Today the fact remains that if the government got out of telling oil companies what to do, oil companies would continue to use ethanol because it is the cheapest way to boost octane. Our modern engines simply need something to cause the gasoline to properly ignite under pressure, and ethanol is currently the best low cost way. The alternative is to further refine gasoline, at higher cost to them and us, or use another petroleum product like MTBE’s, which are said to be environmentally dangerous. This is one reason why you pay more for 100% gasoline.

At least we are still free to choose. As for me, I rather buy from an American farmer than some questionable country that has even less interest in us than our own political class. (I apologize for the lengthy response.)

It’s a hidden farm subsidy.

Tanktitan

It’s a hidden farm subsidy.

You are right. It is a subsidy to farmers, in the sense that it puts farmers in the energy business. However, because corn is a commodity, no one supplier gets an advantage over another. Tens of thousands of farmers are growing corn and they get about $3.50 a bushel (56 pounds). The energy consumer is the one that benefits at that price. They can make about 3 gallons of ethanol from a bushel, plus the distillers grains that are fed to animals. Ethanol lowers the price we pay for fuel, even though it has lower BTU’s than gasoline. If America had to replace 10% of it’s fuel with petroleum, oil prices would skyrocket.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
3.59... damn that's cheap. That crap is like 4.50 here. Thanks to all the lakes and the high demand from boaters many places have it but it's about 1.50 more than regular gas. Ours here is 89 octane though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have yet to understand why we pay subsidies to grow a bunch of shit that nobody would want but for the fact that we force it to be part of gasoline. Might as well cut out the middleman and just give them welfare.

That’s awesome! I HATE running the ethanol gas in any of my things that get stored it goes bad extremely fast over winter and gums everything up. I started having to drain the gas from the motorcycle the boat the lawn equipment etc. I really hope this trend catches on.

Top Bottom