Body damage help!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So the insurance company said that my premium would go up per every $500, but would not tell me by how much it would change until next year! So im thinking i might just have to pony it up and pay myself!

How fast were you going to do that much damage? :eek:

noroad

Probably cheaper to buy a dent puller and evo builder corners.

I would but the only problem is its the door jam i can put my fingers in between the body and door now! I will take a pic now that its all cleaned up in a min!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
There are some nice dent pullers that weld a stud instead of drilling holes to pull. The evo builders would fix the gap and cover up that gap.

Attachments

• 1400171872834.jpg
    1400171872834.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 231

jeeeep

Hooked
So the insurance company said that my premium would go up per every $500, but would not tell me by how much it would change until next year! So im thinking i might just have to pony it up and pay myself!

yea...the insurance business is a win win deal for them, it's mandated and they can raise your rates if you actually file a claim...go figure

That sucks ..an increase for every $500!! so you pay monthly then pay out of pocket to get the repairs done...we've all been had!!

not much a price diff in replacing the panel versus repair - do they warranty the repair if they use bondo and it cracks or falls off while wheeling (not tree grabs)?

noroad

yea...the insurance business is a win win deal for them, it's mandated and they can raise your rates if you actually file a claim...go figure

That sucks ..an increase for every $500!! so you pay monthly then pay out of pocket to get the repairs done...we've all been had!!

not much a price diff in replacing the panel versus repair - do they warranty the repair if they use bondo and it cracks or falls off while wheeling (not tree grabs)?

Thats a good question i will have to ask but i think they where talking about just getting the outer shell thats about 300!

BlackKnight

Not to mention the claims that you put in may not even be "claims".

According to my insurance company, I have 12 claims over the last 10 years. Only one has been an accident (I was not at fault), and they still counted it as a "claim". All of the other "claims" have been for glass repair/replacement. And though they are "free" as part of Comprehensive, they don't tell you that each counts as a claim.

I tried to switch companies and found this out...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
the price he gave to me to use was about $1100 and price for insurance he would just do the whole panel at about 2000$

2k for a new panel and paint!?!?! holy hell thats a lot! if the panel is $300 i would take it to a Maaco or another paint shop and have them paint it for less. i had my whole golf cart painted for under $300 at Maaco.

noroad

2k for a new panel and paint!?!?! holy hell thats a lot! if the panel is $300 i would take it to a Maaco or another paint shop and have them paint it for less. i had my whole golf cart painted for under $300 at Maaco.

no no the panel is $1600 the outer shell which is the outside part of the quarter panel he said is about $300 then bang out the door jam and such when thats off!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Those corners like gcm 2 are one off or in house only? I never really looked into them. I seen other people have them:confused:
edit, i guess they are for 4 door..

Last edited:
Top Bottom