Body damage help!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You could shop around for insurance rates, claim it on your insurance, then switch companies if another company is close in price. $1100 isn't bad in my opinion to fix that. The paint alone for that color and job is EXPENSIVE!!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
So the insurance company said that my premium would go up per every $500, but would not tell me by how much it would change until next year! So im thinking i might just have to pony it up and pay myself!

Let's say it's a $2500 claim. This is a gamble, but it's "unlikely" that your rates will go up consummately. Obviously this is predicated on your driving record and who your insurance carrier is. Let's say your rates go up $300 a year for 3 years. Still pays to make the claim. Also this accident will "fall off" your record after 3 years jn many states. Check with your carrier and ask yourself if you want to roll the dice. It's a non-injury accident that's your fault. I had an injury accident that was alleged to be my fault a number of years ago. My rates did not budge but I lost my good drivers discount. My claim was over $20k in total. I was also accident free and ticket free otherwise. Just something to think about...

noroad

You could shop around for insurance rates, claim it on your insurance, then switch companies if another company is close in price. $1100 isn't bad in my opinion to fix that. The paint alone for that color and job is EXPENSIVE!!

Ya that what i was thinking! My thing is i just dont want bondo instead of metal! I dont think it will hold up off roading!

Sorry I'm late to the party but here are my thoughts/comments...

If your insurance company knows about the damage your rate could go up whether they fix it or not. Sucks but they now know how you use your Jeep and could rate you accordingly.

Many body shops will charge less if they don't have to deal with an insurance company. They get paid later from the insurance company than they do from you and there is less paperwork on their end. Plus the fixes can take longer because they have to justify and prove everything they do.

You can barter some if you do some prep. Removing flares, seals and sanding all takes labor. When jacked my front fender, I saved $200 by pulling the rest of the flare off and getting the area otherwise ready for them.

noroad

Sorry I'm late to the party but here are my thoughts/comments...

If your insurance company knows about the damage your rate could go up whether they fix it or not. Sucks but they now know how you use your Jeep and could rate you accordingly.

Many body shops will charge less if they don't have to deal with an insurance company. They get paid later from the insurance company than they do from you and there is less paperwork on their end. Plus the fixes can take longer because they have to justify and prove everything they do.

You can barter some if you do some prep. Removing flares, seals and sanding all takes labor. When jacked my front fender, I saved $200 by pulling the rest of the flare off and getting the area otherwise ready for them.

I told them i did it avoiding a moose and i told them i was just going to do it myself as it wasnt bad!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I recommend just filing a claim and getting it fixed right by a professional body shop. If your rates go up, I'm sure it won't be much if you have a clean record. Get it fixed and add rear quarter armor so it may prevent it from happening again. I always figure if your paying for insurance, use it!

noroad

I recommend just filing a claim and getting it fixed right by a professional body shop. If your rates go up, I'm sure it won't be much if you have a clean record. Get it fixed and add rear quarter armor so it may prevent it from happening again. I always figure if your paying for insurance, use it!

It will be done by a body shop im just paying out of pocket!

noroad

The repair looks good. Did they replace the panel, or take the pinch out and bondo?

Same panel just pulled it out and cleaned it up with some metal to metal stuff, I told the guy i didnt want any bondo or platic fill, must be metal so a tree doesnt go through it lol!

Top Bottom