"Boulder" build thread... late start but ready to go

SJCJK

happy days!!! 3" Enforcer is HERE! With Ranch 9000's, rockstars, c's, 1310 spicer front shaft, and a front relo & control arm skids. Got some work cut out for me :)

Image1482350470.660891.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app Image1482350505.078771.jpg

Last edited:

SJCJK

Image1482349298.921879.jpg I have a LOD slider question for everyone. On my 2015's passenger side frame member, there is a large factory hole where one of the two tapped holes is supposed to go to support the front of the LoD slider.

The slider will still be supported by the large transfer case protection member's bolt (index finger), and the one new tapped hole/bolt (pinkie)

Have others kept just these two supports? Or have they drilled a new hole in the LoD vertical plate?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I have a LOD slider question for everyone. On my 2015's passenger side frame member, there is a large factory hole where one of the two tapped holes is supposed to go to support the front of the LoD slider.

The slider will still be supported by the large transfer case protection member's bolt (index finger), and the one new tapped hole/bolt (pinkie) (.

Have others kept just these two supports? Or have they drilled a new hole in the LoD vertical plate?

We have a 2011, but I don't recall that passenger side hole at all. We welded though. Here's our passenger side pics:

1221161248.jpg

1221161248a.jpg

SJCJK

Dude, LoD, your flange is too long, hits the gas tank skid! Time to get the grinder and a rattle can.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app Image1482539497.315785.jpg

SJCJK

Huh. I double checked it... It kept hitting the gas tank skid as I jacked it up to touch the frame. Could not see anything I was doing wrong. Trimmed the LoD horizontal flange, painted, and will try again tomorrow.

WJCO

Meme King
Huh. I double checked it... It kept hitting the gas tank skid as I jacked it up to touch the frame. Could not see anything I was doing wrong. Trimmed the LoD horizontal flange, painted, and will try again tomorrow.

Ours touches but it still went on fine. Here's a pic. Also measuring from the center of the hole to the end of the flange is 1.25 inches on ours.

IMG_20161224_080305_407.jpg

SJCJK

Image1482881009.804029.jpg Done with the LoD sliders finally! Very happy with 'em. Super stout.

One question... on the front driver side, are folks putting the large thru bolt? It gets near the shielded line - not sure what this is, I don't want the nut near it:
Image1482885573.073737.jpg

Passenger, I put the thru bolt, lots of clearance:
Image1482885517.896146.jpg

Passenger: clearance to the gas tank skid, after trimming the horizontal LoD flange about 3/8", then rattle can:
Image1482885725.157028.jpg

Last edited:

SJCJK

In the midst of it, been busting our rear today.

Image1483851942.247548.jpg

How are you guys with Enforcer and 9000's run your front brake line??

We are having a hell of a time!

Any great pics???

SJCJK

Enforced!!!

IMG_7609.jpg

Couple of really long days, with a very experienced mechanic and newbie-me, but EVO Enforcer, Rockstars, Draglink Flip, C's, and LCA skids are IN!!! With Rancho 9000's, and a 1310 front shaft with spicer joints. Kind of wish I went 1350, but will change that IF I ever go to 37's. I learned a ton and am glad I found this mechanic to help me. He is super knowledgeable, reasonable, and we did it in his garage. And I LEARNED A TON!!

We took the front axle out to weld it. Took our time and used a lot of wet towels.
IMG_7600.JPG

As you can see I have hockey skates... need to go to 35's and proper backspacing SOON. But we got it to work with the factory sway bar links for now. Clears and doesn't over center the links.

Brake lines are routed cleanly. Will keep checking and post good pics for some recommendations / review.

Debating using springs to bias them towards safety. ?? Anyone know of good kits for really anal retentive break line routing??! I don't want to change from the EVO brake lines.

I am thrilled with the ride. Soft and smooth. Will play with the shock settings. I need to follow Eddie's home alignment check... tires seem louder, I feel like they are over towed in. Perhaps due to our drag link flip install.

Last edited:
Top Bottom