"Boulder" build thread... late start but ready to go

SJCJK

Ok, WAYALIFE!!! Finally got the time and a sunny day to take some good pictures of my lift.

Mind taking a look and letting me know if you see room for improvement in placement / routing / etc?!

One member (thanks scull20!) noticed in the Enforcers Unite thread that I should flip my rear shocks 180 degrees to keep the red adjuster know away from rocks.

What else do you suggest!!

Thank you!!!

IMG_7628.JPG IMG_7629.JPG IMG_7633.JPG IMG_7634.JPG IMG_7637.JPG IMG_7638.JPG IMG_7642.JPG

-Mike

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
looking good, I do run the adjusters flipped around as I've left a few on the trail. it's a easy fix and cheap part but easier to just flip it. I also run bootless, keeps the junk out but also like the look better personally

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

Looks good!

You may want to look into relocating your rear brake lines through the frame or on the inside of the frame so you clear your rear seat bar bolts.

You can also relocate your steering stabilizer up higher and bolt it to the unused hole on the drag link flip bracket.

I went back and forth contemplating the shock boots in the front and ended up leaving them on. I like the look and the zip ties ended up falling off after the first wheel trip with the lift anyway...so not much gets an opportunity to get stuck in there.

You should also look into shifting your evap skid over slightly so that it clears the rear driveshaft while flexing. Otherwise the boot with hit the skid and tear it open.

SJCJK

Looks good!

You may want to look into relocating your rear brake lines through the frame or on the inside of the frame so you clear your rear seat bar bolts.

You can also relocate your steering stabilizer up higher and bolt it to the unused hole on the drag link flip bracket.

I went back and forth contemplating the shock boots in the front and ended up leaving them on. I like the look and the zip ties ended up falling off after the first wheel trip with the lift anyway...so not much gets an opportunity to get stuck in there.

You should also look into shifting your evap skid over slightly so that it clears the rear driveshaft while flexing. Otherwise the boot with hit the skid and tear it open.

Ah, forgot about the steering stabilizer and evap! Thank you. Will do these this weekend. Brake may have to wait a bit.

Shock boots... for now i like the look. guess i can cut the zip tie. I'm NOT taking the front passenger off... that'll be cut off if it comes off. what a pain that was! You find that without the zip tie that the dirt and water come out ok?

looking good, I do run the adjusters flipped around as I've left a few on the trail. it's a easy fix and cheap part but easier to just flip it. I also run bootless, keeps the junk out but also like the look better personally

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

yea, flip will save good pain down the road, thanks. get your guys points about the boot - i was thinking it kept stuff cleaner, not that it kept dirt in.

I think a lot of guys run the Ranchos without the boot

thanks... keep for now, but can remove later.

thanks guys for all the input

My to-do list reminder:
Short term:
1. Nylock on my front shock bumpstops, if it'll go into the self threaded screw
2. rotate ranchos in front to protect the knob
3. move evap skid
4. flip steering stabilizer to the drag link flip bracket
5. new low back spacing wheels and 35's
6. replace rear sway bar links w/ adjustables, move backs to front (they're stock for now due to factory wheels & no spacers)
7. rear brake lines thru frame / avoid seat bolts
8. weld drag link flip bracket in place

Other:
- investigate bracket (Currie?) for the front upper control arm gusset (passenger side) on the D44.

SJCJK

IMG_8826.JPG IMG_8833.JPG

Thanks America's Tire / Discount tire! Fantastic service, and local rep honored the forum pricing!

FINALY pulled the trigger on some Bully Pros and 35" (equivalent) Cooper STT's!!

Love the look, quiet so far. Gotta find the dirt!

Oh, and need to research spare tire isolation and raise the brake light.

SJCJK

I FINALLY ordered LOD bumpers and a Warn winch -- can't wait! Got a LOD Signature stubby front stinger, LOD Destroyer stubby tire carrier rear (read the thread here w/ all the great tips), and a Warn 10-S. I love the Destroyer, but in the end I really like the idea of tucking the winch lower into the bumper / frame - more airflow to the jeep, and just a cleaner line. Maybe it's just a love of Moby and all the others that have run that LOD Signature front bumper :rolleyes2:

Gotta figure out the rear lights - ordered the square Rigid bezel, hope to find some nock-off lights that will fit into that LOD Destroyer bezel.

now the waiting game...

WJCO

Meme King
I FINALLY ordered LOD bumpers and a Warn winch -- can't wait! Got a LOD Signature stubby front stinger, LOD Destroyer stubby tire carrier rear (read the thread here w/ all the great tips), and a Warn 10-S. I love the Destroyer, but in the end I really like the idea of tucking the winch lower into the bumper / frame - more airflow to the jeep, and just a cleaner line. Maybe it's just a love of Moby and all the others that have run that LOD Signature front bumper :rolleyes2:

Gotta figure out the rear lights - ordered the square Rigid bezel, hope to find some nock-off lights that will fit into that LOD Destroyer bezel.

now the waiting game...

Congrats. The LOD signature front with the Zeon is a nice looking setup.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

now the waiting game...

Awesome! Waiting is always the hardest part of any build for sure.:bored01:

SJCJK

Awesome! Waiting is always the hardest part of any build for sure.:bored01:

AMEN!!! Winch here :)... but waiting... and waiting... gave me time to figure out how you did this: :bored01:!! Neat. Can’t wait to get ‘er done and try to join a WAYALIFE run or WAYALIFE folks at Hollister / nearby.

SJCJK

Maybe my smartest addition yet...

... while I wait for my bumpers.

Attachments

• 64A37A44-EF26-436E-92FA-11E94A02D22B.jpg
    64A37A44-EF26-436E-92FA-11E94A02D22B.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 115

SJCJK

Got some Nilight floods for the rear bumper, based off recommendation on WAYALIFE. $20 plus $10 harness. Can’t go wrong I don’t think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 127

SJCJK

Put on some 11” rear sway bar links, and moved the stock rears to the front finally. He tears are Rubicon Express which was all I could get from the local shop same day. Should work for a bit. Sway bar is level with my EVO Rockstars and the 3” Enforcer.

Changed my oil, very easy to do. Will be doing that myself from here out. Thanks you eddie’s writeup.
https://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-writ...gler-36l-pentastar-engine-oil-change-write-up
Put in Mobil 1 5w2.

Going to the dirt tomorrow :)
Still waiting for my bumpers... :(

SJCJK

Wow! Finally finished my bumpers, and winch!!!
LOD all around. LOD Destroyer rear was not bad at all to put on, thanks to the WAYALIFE chain I read a bunch of times.

IMG_9571.JPG IMG_9731.JPG IMG_9728.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom