"Boulder" build thread... late start but ready to go

SJCJK

Like it was built for the space! [emoji1360]Looks really good, I like your build.

Thanks!

I measured and got some input from forum members before ordering - but wife and kids thought it wouldn’t fit haha! Had me guessing my math for sure [emoji51]

Haha!! [emoji23] totally forgot that scene!

Looking great! Loving your build!

Thank you!!

Great looking build!

Appreciate it!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockingK

Looking good👍

Great job, that winch looks great and sits nice and low. I hope you weren’t that guy that needs others to line for you...LOL:cheesy:

SJCJK

Updating my list for my records and future reflection...

Had a busy Feb, trying to get ready for a run to Mexico / Baja. Trip unfortunately got postponed due to Corona (not the ones I wanted to drink) / COVID-19. We let the company keep our money while we reschedule so their Corona life is easier. Then we were going to do our own run to Death Valley, but the campgrounds got shut down. But had some fun getting ready:

- Home made: shelf, sleeping platform, window vents, 5 gallon water holder w/ pump
- Maintenance galore: Flat Zerk per Eddy's write up. Oil, lube, coolant, air filters - including the cabin air filter which was VERY dirty. Tuned by CB SWR finally, so much better. Replaced a brake line that was worn, added the Tereflex brake support (I like these... one good item Tereflex makes) and did my first brake bleed by myself, again thanks to Eddy's write-ups.
- Poison Spider diff covers... painted the spider red, kind of cheesy but felt like i needed a silly touch
- Outback Adventure Products Trailgater Folding Table
- Brawlee Jeep Wrangler LED Rear Glass Lift Gate Dome Light Bar
- Rotopax mount (made my own, real one on order) and 3 gal
- Front license plate re-added and 3rd brake light finally raised and added - to get ready for border crossing / road trip

Just ordered:
- Odyssey Batteries 34R-PC1500T (with the wayalife amazon link), as I've had to jump / slow starts

To-Do still:
Buy / install:
- Switch setup of some kind...
- Front lights, fogs, supplimental - all stock sucks...
- Consider ditching my Smittybuilt air compressor for installed one
- My son wants me to get an exaust
- Ball joints? (Have 30,000 miles now)
- Axle shafts?
Maintenance:
- Transmission fluid check / change
- Add pad on rear brake lines, where contacts control arms
- Chase down squeaks... shock towers? coil spring interfaces? really annoying!!

HOPEFULLY Corona/Covid ends soon so we can all wheel again. Stay healthy and sane all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom