Brightest Headlights?

2011jk

So I'm probably ignorant here, but I assume these would not be DOT approved?

Nope but who cares.....neither are by Beadlocks.

I've had couple different LED lights and they are not in the same league. If you want the best get Sealed 7's or equal.

2011jk

If the aftermarket lights blind someone or are blue you may be asking for it...Been running these for over 5 years in Ca without any issues.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
If the aftermarket lights blind someone or are blue you may be asking for it...Been running these for over 5 years in Ca without any issues.

^^^^ You can have lights that are a million times, better but be legal, and not blind other drivers.

rinkishjk

So I'm probably ignorant here, but I assume these would not be DOT approved?

Nope but who cares.....neither are by Beadlocks.

Your the Douchebag 2011jk, with hid lights in a reflector housing, blinding everyone and their mother and families driving at night. Wait till some other asshole like yourself blinds u with an improper, ignorant hid setup and almost sends u off the road. 👍

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Your the Douchebag 2011jk, with hid lights in a reflector housing, blinding everyone and their mother and families driving at night. Wait till some other asshole like yourself blinds u with an improper, ignorant hid setup and almost sends u off the road. 

*You're*, but yeah! :cheesy::thumb:

"been running them for 5 years, no problems." = "I don't drive much at night"

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Your the Douchebag 2011jk, with hid lights in a reflector housing, blinding everyone and their mother and families driving at night. Wait till some other asshole like yourself blinds u with an improper, ignorant hid setup and almost sends u off the road. 

*You're*, but yeah! :cheesy::thumb:

"been running them for 5 years, no problems." = "I don't drive much at night"

Lol. At least Douchebag was spelled right. :cheesy:

Journeyman

Well this just got interesting [emoji8] I'm generally not to worried about being dot compliant. But I live in a small mountain town and my jeep stands out enough as it is. So I surely don't want to be the jack ass that's blinding all my neighbors on the hwy!
I wasn't trying call anybody out, but thought that it was information that should be shared when recommending a hid swap kit for a jeep 🤔 🖕🏻

TitoJk

Cool. Thanks for the link. River City Offroad is the only vendor I will use. He is always cheaper than the competition and I price check every time with 3 other vendors.
Marcus from River City Offroad always have the best prices and customer service personally i went with Truck Lite couldent pass on sum for a killer deal just waiting on delivery

rinkishjk

Well this just got interesting [emoji8] I'm generally not to worried about being dot compliant. But I live in a small mountain town and my jeep stands out enough as it is. So I surely don't want to be the jack ass that's blinding all my neighbors on the hwy!
I wasn't trying call anybody out, but thought that it was information that should be shared when recommending a hid swap kit for a jeep 🤔 🖕🏻

Believe me, I have ran my share of hid kits in my two Hondas, and my ram before my jeep. I also learned Alot, which helps Alot! I also have been blinded more than once, and it's no fun. Lots of people run hid kits in all sorts of vehicles around here, and most are incorrect and unsafe. My trucklites are much better and safer.

rinkishjk

Your the Douchebag 2011jk, with hid lights in a reflector housing, blinding everyone and their mother and families driving at night. Wait till some other asshole like yourself blinds u with an improper, ignorant hid setup and almost sends u off the road. 👍

Exactly! Do a true projection Hid retrofit and you will have much better results.
Here is what a true Hid can get you on low beam.

It will light up 4 lanes plus the sides without bothering any on coming drivers.

Well now Im confused.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
No LED headlight compares to a Sealed 7 50w 5k hid...

You can upgrade to HIDs. There's plenty of kits on the market. My buddy upgraded to 6k HIDs in his JK and only cost about $75 for the kit. It replaces the bulbs and some wiring and connectors. Only took him about 2.5 hours to do it and they ate crazy bright. Worth the money if you can do the work yourself. He said the instructions were easy to follow too

Think you might have got these 2 confused

Josh27

Not trying to jump in this drama but I have run 6K HIDs in my factory reflector housing for about 2 years now and yes, I do love how bright they are. I was concerned at the fact that HIDs are meant for projector housings and reflectors won't direct light very well and I didn't want to be that "douchebag" blinding everybody. But I decided to try it out and put HIDs in my factory headlights. Yes, they were so much brighter than factory halogens and with that in mind I aimed my headlights down a bit more. The light pattern seems really good and doesn't look scattered. No, it doesn't have a super sharp cutoff line like a projector would. I have NEVER had anyone flash me or say anything bad because my HIDs are too bright. Heck, I had a problem with one ballast and had to get another one so I threw the halogens back in until it came and I got flashed a couple times in one night with the factory halogen bulbs in the headlights and my factory fogs with the factory halogen bulbs! I have no idea why..... but never had anybody do that with my HIDs. Yes, HIDs in non projector housings are technically illegal (to my knowledge) but I have never been hassled by the cops about it even after being pulled over for speeding at night.

rinkishjk

Not trying to jump in this drama but I have run 6K HIDs in my factory reflector housing for about 2 years now and yes, I do love how bright they are. I was concerned at the fact that HIDs are meant for projector housings and reflectors won't direct light very well and I didn't want to be that "douchebag" blinding everybody. But I decided to try it out and put HIDs in my factory headlights. Yes, they were so much brighter than factory halogens and with that in mind I aimed my headlights down a bit more. The light pattern seems really good and doesn't look scattered. No, it doesn't have a super sharp cutoff line like a projector would. I have NEVER had anyone flash me or say anything bad because my HIDs are too bright. Heck, I had a problem with one ballast and had to get another one so I threw the halogens back in until it came and I got flashed a couple times in one night with the factory halogen bulbs in the headlights and my factory fogs with the factory halogen bulbs! I have no idea why..... but never had anybody do that with my HIDs. Yes, HIDs in non projector housings are technically illegal (to my knowledge) but I have never been hassled by the cops about it even after being pulled over for speeding at night.

You obviously know a whole lot about lights, so why not offer up your opinion, after all everyone has one right??

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Not trying to jump in this drama but I have run 6K HIDs in my factory reflector housing for about 2 years now and yes, I do love how bright they are. I was concerned at the fact that HIDs are meant for projector housings and reflectors won't direct light very well and I didn't want to be that "douchebag" blinding everybody. But I decided to do it anyway because I'm blind and who gives a shit about anyone else anyway.

Fixed it for you [emoji6]

On a serious note you highlighted the other problem with these kits. They're cheap Chinese shit both the bulbs and the ballast die quite regularly.

Brute

Hooked
You will get recommendations for the Trucklites, which are definitely nice, but for $75 dollars more can you can have the new JW Speaker Evolution J headlights, which are true projectors and, IMO, are on another level of light output.

After looking through a bunch of different lights, I decided on these exact same lights for my new build...

Josh27

You obviously know a whole lot about lights, so why not offer up your opinion, after all everyone has one right??

Fixed it for you [emoji6]

On a serious note you highlighted the other problem with these kits. They're cheap Chinese shit both the bulbs and the ballast die quite regularly.

Sorry to disappoint guys. Just saying what I had and my experiences with it. Not claiming that I know all or that my setup is a good idea. And yes, most are Chinese shit. Ive gone through 4 balasts and I am getting tired of it. I've been wanting to get truck lites forever, but I don't have money for them.

Top Bottom