Brightest Headlights?

rinkishjk

Sorry to disappoint guys. Just saying what I had and my experiences with it. Not claiming that I know all or that my setup is a good idea. And yes, most are Chinese shit. Ive gone through 4 balasts and I am getting tired of it. I've been wanting to get truck lites forever, but I don't have money for them.

I would save up for them then, cause they are worth it. Sell your hid setup to help with cost.

Bam Bam 98

Ya truck lights are the way to go I have them on all three of my jeeps and they are awesome and with my 55" light bar at night the trails are fully lit up ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460066750.811476.jpg

sjd78

I installed the JWS headlights a couple days ago and all I can say is WOW! What an improvement! I adjusted them per JWS instructions and have driven with them for two days now. They are very bright and have a wide even pattern. I can't believe I waited this long to change the crappy oem headlights out. Thanks again SWAMPDOG!!!

Labricon

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460170450.127304.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460170481.131022.jpg
JWS appear to be DOT approved...have had mine in place since January with no issues once I had them aimed correctly

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I just bought and installed JW Speaker evolution J and love them!! They are bright with a very even and wide light pattern.

JamesWyatt

Just got a 2016 Willys two weeks ago, and this time went with the JW Speaker Evolution J over the Trucklights. I got the $475 deal but from a different vendor than the one already mentioned. You have to call them for the deal, so it sounds like a bunch of vendors are wild westing these things near their own cost to move some product. I got the fogs, too, but I'm waiting on the adapter harness so I don't have to splice any wires.

I went with the chrome version so the factory contrast on the black Willys grill would stay the same. I agree with a previous poster who said the Trucklights look better, but only if you have to have the black version. Also Trucklights are the only ones with the heated option if that's important to you. Install was also a little easier with the Evolution J since no anti-flicker module is required, and I didn't have to stuff the extra plastic connectors and wiring into the housing. I like having fewer connections, but it's a pretty minor point.

As for light output, the JWs seem brighter to me, but I think it's because the output is so much more even. The Trucklights odd streaky pattern always bothered me, but it was so much better than stock, I got used to it. And I would have gotten them again if it weren't for the vendors tossing the JWs around for $475. At $475 it's a no brainier if you don't need the heated feature and you like the styling.

*Edit: forgot to say, I think the color temperature of the Trucklights are whiter than the JWs. The JWs are slightly more blue/purple, and you can see it in the video comparison posted. And speaking of that video, the wide angle lens used exaggerates the lower light cutoff on the JWs. The video also makes the Trucklights look like the high beams are brighter, but in real life it's the difference between two nuclear bombs going off - they both are impressive.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460236576.149433.jpg

Last edited:

Napalm

Just got a 2016 Willys two weeks ago, and this time went with the JW Speaker Evolution J over the Trucklights. I got the $475 deal but from a different vendor than the one already mentioned. You have to call them for the deal, so it sounds like a bunch of vendors are wild westing these things near their own cost to move some product. I got the fogs, too, but I'm waiting on the adapter harness so I don't have to splice any wires.

I went with the chrome version so the factory contrast on the black Willys grill would stay the same. I agree with a previous poster who said the Trucklights look better, but only if you have to have the black version. Also Trucklights are the only ones with the heated option if that's important to you. Install was also a little easier with the Evolution J since no anti-flicker module is required, and I didn't have to stuff the extra plastic connectors and wiring into the housing. I like having fewer connections, but it's a pretty minor point.

As for light output, the JWs seem brighter to me, but I think it's because the output is so much more even. The Trucklights odd streaky pattern always bothered me, but it was so much better than stock, I got used to it. And I would have gotten them again if it weren't for the vendors tossing the JWs around for $475. At $475 it's a no brainier if you don't need the heated feature and you like the styling.

View attachment 197299

I definitely like the chrome JWs better on the black grill than the blacks. I'm a Truck-Lite man myself, but those are looking good!

sjd78

The JWS are DOT approved. Mine have a DOT stamp on the lense. Just thought I'd throw that out there for those who were asking.

Top Bottom