Build of my JKU

MericaMade

That looks good.

Are you going to wire up the rear to the ARB switch?
Yeah, you got me thinking after the text you sent me and I figured I would just use the ARB switches sitting around.

I looked into then locker bypass at the relays but think its easier just to go striaght to the rear for the ARB switch since its 12V anyways.

Plus in order to fit those switches I had to pull the circuit board out for the factory sway and locker buttons.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Yeah, you got me thinking after the text you sent me and I figured I would just use the ARB switches sitting around.

I looked into then locker bypass at the relays but think its easier just to go striaght to the rear for the ARB switch since its 12V anyways.

Plus in order to fit those switches I had to pull the circuit board out for the factory sway and locker buttons.

That answers my next question, of what it took to mount the switches there. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, since I won't have enough functions on a Switch Pro to run all I will need.

MericaMade

That answers my next question, of what it took to mount the switches there. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, since I won't have enough functions on a Switch Pro to run all I will need.
I was able to fit two switches and keep the factory one working but was going to bypass it regardless so I just cut it down and added the third.

I use a dremel to open up the hole a little to fit the switches nice and snug.

You could fit six switches there if you want.

MericaMade

For the Dynatrac diff covers do you guys use loctite on those bolts? I would have thought the gasket maker would help keep the dynatrac 12-point bolts from loosening but unfortunately they came loose.

A.J.

For the Dynatrac diff covers do you guys use loctite on those bolts? I would have thought the gasket maker would help keep the dynatrac 12-point bolts from loosening but unfortunately they came loose.

Gasket maker shrinks a bit when it cures. I usually let it sit overnight and re tighten them. Then again after a heat cycle or two.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

You can run them through the frame. There is a hole on top and bottom right where the tab bolts on. It’s a pain but I’ve seen it done.

Ok I did a search and found that method but was concerned if it should be hard mounted?
Gasket maker shrinks a bit when it cures. I usually let it sit overnight and re tighten them. Then again after a heat cycle or two.

Perfect, I was unaware of the shrink issuse with the gaskets maker. Thanks!

Top Bottom