Build of my JKU

MericaMade

Well before I even got started seeing if I could relocate the brake lines the driver side snapped off about a half an inch over the flare fitting. Yay.

Even better is the dealerships has a unknown ETA back order on the line if I want to replace it.

So I ran down pick me up a flare tool hopefully can fix it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
That sucks. On the bright side, if you’re successful with the flare, you’ve added another skill!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

Well before I even got started seeing if I could relocate the brake lines the driver side snapped off about a half an inch over the flare fitting. Yay.

Even better is the dealerships has a unknown ETA back order on the line if I want to replace it.

So I ran down pick me up a flare tool hopefully can fix it.

My Jeep isn’t home but I know one side I cut about half way between the frame rails and put a coupling and a new small section of line, the other side I cut off before it went from inside of the frame to outside, then ran straight to the little 90s I used
IMG_3407.jpg
IMG_3408.jpg
The double flare was easy to do you will be good

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
My Jeep isn’t home but I know one side I cut about half way between the frame rails and put a coupling and a new small section of line, the other side I cut off before it went from inside of the frame to outside, then ran straight to the little 90s I used
View attachment 349465
View attachment 349466

Where’s Brick???

Don’t forget Marks a plumber when he says it’s “easy”. 🤣🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

Where’s Brick???

Don’t forget Marks a plumber when he says it’s “easy”. 🤣🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I took it to my folks house to park it inside so a new washer and dryer could be delivered, and Tina could still park inside. She leaves for work at 0500 and I didn’t want her walking outside alone nor did I want to get up either [emoji23]

wjtstudios

Hooked
I took it to my folks house to park it inside so a new washer and dryer could be delivered, and Tina could still park inside. She leaves for work at 0500 and I didn’t want her walking outside alone nor did I want to get up either [emoji23]

You’re such a good husband!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

View attachment 349465
View attachment 349466

That is really nice. Do you have a picture from the underside and is it secure in any way or just floating through the hole.

I was able to salvage the line but it looks like shit.

MericaMade

Yeah hoping to see how screwed I am when I get home from work today. I had just put all the tools away yesterday and it was a last minute thought to recheck the bolts to see if any came loose again. All good untill the last bolt snapped. I said F it and just closed up the garage and went inside. I was not in the mood to mess with it.

jdofmemi

Yeah hoping to see how screwed I am when I get home from work today. I had just put all the tools away yesterday and it was a last minute thought to recheck the bolts to see if any came loose again. All good untill the last bolt snapped. I said F it and just closed up the garage and went inside. I was not in the mood to mess with it.

That sucks.

I bet it won't even leak for a good while. Could be wrong, but the Dynatrac cover is stiff, so it takes more than one loose bolt for it to leak.

If it don't leak, just fix it when you change gear oil.

Weebz

Caught the Bug

Welcome to the club. I’ve been ignoring this one for a few weeks now. Looking to see what my
options are this weekend. Pretty sure mine is snapped in the casting though.

Attachments

• CAEA5D51-9E78-42FB-9DC7-37BCEAB7E683.jpeg
    CAEA5D51-9E78-42FB-9DC7-37BCEAB7E683.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 66

MericaMade

Welcome to the club. I’ve been ignoring this one for a few weeks now. Looking to see what my
options are this weekend. Pretty sure mine is snapped in the casting though.
Stupid ferry bolts. I got lucky and was able to get channel locks on it and spin it right out. Now I need to go pick up some new ones.

I hope yours is a easy as mine but doesn't look like that based on the amount of bolt left.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Stupid ferry bolts. I got lucky and was able to get channel locks on it and spin it right out. Now I need to go pick up some new ones.

I hope yours is a easy as mine but doesn't look like that based on the amount of bolt left.

Glad it was an easy fix verses what Jeff is stuck with.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom