Build of my JKU

wjtstudios

Hooked
Such a big improvement over the old BFGs. Eddie’s videos are all such a great resource for getting these projects.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I missed this till now. What I did was got some fender washers and used them on the ring bolts to hold it from popping off until the whole bead was on.

Did you have any trouble getting the ring tight to the wheel?

Exactly what I do. Just keep working around and add another along the way.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks, I'm really liking them and there not even on yet. Did you guys get yours balanced?

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Definitely get them balanced. They're not Nittos by any stretch.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I started off not balancing my set of 37's but ended up doing that part way through the life. On my 40's I didn't bother. They are great. Drove out and back to Utah and ran up to 80 at times.. Well see how that lasts.

I think one of Ddays 40s was more square than round...

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Very true. One was really really bad. Like undriveable bad. Cooper replaced it no questions asked so it worked out OK in the end. Def something to look for.

jdofmemi

Thanks, I'm really liking them and there not even on yet. Did you guys get yours balanced?

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ran mine for about 20,000 miles without balancing, but always had a little shimmy. When I changed from 3" to 4" springs, the shimmy turned to a wobble and I got them balanced. Took over 2 POUNDS of weight to balance the set at that point.

I would drive them and then decide whether to spend the money on balancing.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Balancing needs can vary over time. I had my Toyos balanced when mounted. Two years of wear later, had some wobbles and shimmies. Rebalanced and they’re fine again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom