Build of my JKU

MericaMade

The 13.50 width makes a big difference too. Had the chance to put a few more miles on them yet?
Finally got around to putting about 50 miles round-trip drive on these tires. I'm shocked by how much quieter they are than the BFGs I had. To be fair the BFGs had some good chucks out of them. Now more than ever with a little extra weight I can see the need for pro grips.

Sadly, after getting new tires I still have driveline vibrations that kicks in at 81mph and higher. The vibration just becomes worse and more intense the faster you go.

The entire front end is new including prorock 44, Nitro shafts, new wheel hubs, tires, Synergy draglink, track bar, and tierod. I had the front Adams driveshaft lengthen and balanced but still no luck.

The first vibration was around 50mph then after getting it lenghted and balanced I only hear and feel the vibration at 81mph and above.

I'm going to rip the front shafts again off tomorrow and see if the vibration goes away. Other than the front shaft what else could it be?

I never felt the vibration before the PR44 and 5.13.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Finally got around to putting about 50 miles round-trip drive on these tires. I'm shocked by how much quieter they are than the BFGs I had. To be fair the BFGs had some good chucks out of them. Now more than ever with a little extra weight I can see the need for pro grips.

Sadly, after getting new tires I still have driveline vibrations that kicks in at 81mph and higher. The vibration just becomes worse and more intense the faster you go.

The entire front end is new including prorock 44, Nitro shafts, new wheel hubs, tires, Synergy draglink, track bar, and tierod. I had the front Adams driveshaft lengthen and balanced but still no luck.

The first vibration was around 50mph then after getting it lenghted and balanced I only hear and feel the vibration at 81mph and above.

I'm going to rip the front shafts again off tomorrow and see if the vibration goes away. Other than the front shaft what else could it be?

Could be a diff yoke that isn't 100% true. If you're in a safe area while doing those speeds, put the vehicle in neutral. If it still occurs, it's likely more of a tire or wheel bearing type of issue. If it goes away, it's a power train type of vibration (gears, diff bearing, driveshaft).

Even if you remove the front driveshaft and the vibration goes away, that still doesn't eliminate a front pinion gear or bearing being the issue. It's tricky; too bad these Jeep engineers didn't throw all of this badass stuff on the Jeep from factory so we didn't have to address this kind of stuff.

MericaMade

Could be a diff yoke that isn't 100% true. If you're in a safe area while doing those speeds, put the vehicle in neutral. If it still occurs, it's likely more of a tire or wheel bearing type of issue. If it goes away, it's a power train type of vibration (gears, diff bearing, driveshaft).

Even if you remove the front driveshaft and the vibration goes away, that still doesn't eliminate a front pinion gear or bearing being the issue. It's tricky; too bad these Jeep engineers didn't throw all of this badass stuff on the Jeep from factory so we didn't have to address this kind of stuff.
You did reminded me of something. At 90 its really bad not that you can't drive with it just more loud and annoying. As soon as I remove my foot from the pedal the vibration goes away even if I'm coasting over 81 mph. So it really seems to only be under throttle.

wjtstudios

Hooked

I battled that for years, it started for me at 76. Never found it even after balancing the tires and front drive shaft multiple times. With the lock out front hubs on the new axles, it was gone. It was something in the front driveline.

So the short answer is a D60 with locking hubs is the solution [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

I battled that for years, it started for me at 76. Never found it even after balancing the tires and front drive shaft multiple times. With the lock out front hubs on the new axles, it was gone. It was something in the front driveline.

So the short answer is a D60 with locking hubs is the solution [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Lol, don't tempt me Bill I'll do it to get rid of this fucking vibration.

MericaMade

Just say’n. [emoji1745]*[emoji3603] worked for me

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I do appreciate your input. And at least I have a guarantee fix.

Maybe it is the shafts. My buddy is running the exact same front end as mine and the only difference is he has RCV and has zero vibration.

Ddays

Hooked
Chasing these damn vibrations down can be a real pain in the ass. Like Bill said, the lock out hubs are a godsend. If you even suspect the yokes let me know - I have two 1350 spares I have in my parts bag - I'll be happy to send you one. Adams sent me extras by mistake but told me to not bother sending them back.
Also - make sure those yoke nuts on the front and rear yokes are torqued to specs and that the shoulder of the nut contacts the yoke and doesn't draw down inside the recess for the nut. That's what happened to me and why I trashed 2 transfer cases. :grayno:

MericaMade

Chasing these damn vibrations down can be a real pain in the ass. Like Bill said, the lock out hubs are a godsend. If you even suspect the yokes let me know - I have two 1350 spares I have in my parts bag - I'll be happy to send you one. Adams sent me extras by mistake but told me to not bother sending them back.
Also - make sure those yoke nuts on the front and rear yokes are torqued to specs and that the shoulder of the nut contacts the yoke and doesn't draw down inside the recess for the nut. That's what happened to me and why I trashed 2 transfer cases. :grayno:
I will check that tomorrow and get back to you.

MericaMade

Quick question, I can just un bolt the front driveshaft from the pinion and tie it up instead of removing the whole shaft to take it on a test drive right?

Last edited:

bhaner

Quick question, I can just un bolt the front driveshaft from the pinion and tie it up instead of removing the whole shaft to take it on a test drive right?

You can. Just make sure you are in 2wd in the transfer case. Otherwise it may get a little bumpy. :crazyeyes:

The axle shafts will spin the pinion. But it will isolate out any driveline vibrations.

Be careful if you remove the axle shafts and try to drive it. The outer stub and nut keep the unit bearing together.

Top Bottom